IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, TMY168 said:

Hi everyone,

My main music server is Aurender N10.  Does Aurender, in general, cache the Tidal & Qobuz streams into its SSD before playing?  Or does it stream live from Tidal & Qobuz server without caching into its SSD?  I have experienced intermittent of streaming music once in a while.  My N10 is about 4 years old.

Thank you,

Tommy

(Bangkok, THAILAND)

@TMY168 Hi Tommy, Actually streaming content IS cached to SSD just the same as local content or stuff from a NAS or external drive.

Sorry to hear about the intermittent streaming issues. Most of the time something like that is network related. Even though the unit caches streaming content, if the internet connection is spotty, it is possible for the cached file to be corrupt. Send a remote support email request and we can try to diagnose what's going on better. Thanks!

Hi Ari

Does it not cache to the RAM?

If it is the cached to the SSD, if i disconnect the network, will we be able to play the list songs (say 100 tracks) selected to be played since it is on the ssd by starting the 1st song and let it continue without network connected to the Aurender?

Today I tested streaming Spotify on my Aurender N100H. Everything worked fine, but after while of playback Aurenders display goes black (same as if no music is playing). Front display is set to “on” while playing in the settings.  How can I set display “on” also for Spotify playback?

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

3 minutes ago, Koso said:

Today I tested streaming Spotify on my Aurender N100H. Everything worked fine, but after while of playback Aurenders display goes black (same as if no music is playing). Front display is set to “on” while playing in the settings.  How can I set display “on” also for Spotify playback?

@Koso What system software version are you running? (go to Settings>Software Version on Aurender Conductor app to find out).

I've been using it often and not having this problem. Granted, I am using a beta version so it is possible that this issue is specific to the SW version you are running. In that case, thank you for reporting it. 

22 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@Koso What system software version are you running? (go to Settings>Software Version on Aurender Conductor app to find out).

I've been using it often and not having this problem. Granted, I am using a beta version so it is possible that this issue is specific to the SW version you are running. In that case, thank you for reporting it. 

...not at home right now, but for sure I have latest up to date firmware version for N100H (checking once a week for update). Will report exact number tomorrow.

Anyway, that behavior checked several times today. At the beginning of Spotify playback display is ok (with nice green Spotify logo in it), but after timeout (guess about 3 minutes) display goes to sleep/off. When playing (most of the time) from internal hdd, everything is OK.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

19 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

I've checked sw version today and measured display timeout when going to sleep mode.

My N100H sw version is 5.18.125. Display goes to sleep exactly after 3 minutes when playing from Spotify. Spotify playback display (before sleep) and software version page screenshot from Conductor see photo attached.

6C6ED918-CA93-4AAB-9224-4DC9B2C9CB10.png

On 1/21/2020 at 10:48 PM, udis said:

I've attempted to use the "Favorites" filter, but I am unable to favorite an entire album - only individual tracks. Is it possible to favorite an entire album? If so, how?

FYI, I have been requesting this feature (to be able to “favorite” an album) for a few years already, with no response from Aurender... 😓

May I bother this group with a different question?  It is this:  I have the Stereophile  CD with its pink noise for left, right and center channels.  It also has this same noise in and out of phase.  The center channel is supposed to sound “very narrow” says the little booklet. Mine is centered alright, but I could not say it is “very” narrow.  What is one really to hope for and how does one achieve it?

My speakers are Harbeth 40.2 anniversary.  They image quite well I think, with Nora Jones’ voice quite centered and aloft.  

Hi,

In regard to the Stereophile CD, pink noise tracks and Harbeth 40.2 speakers, I have the same speakers and enjoy the imaging of the  Harbeths very much. Mono recordings produce a rock-solid center image if the speakers are wired “in phase”. Unlike some speakers, this center image is large, and to my ears, both pleasing and life-like. The size of the center image can be influenced by the amount of toe-in employed when the speakers are set up. I have this Stereophile CD somewhere, I may try to find it and see if my results agree with yours.

Enjoy the music played on your Aurender.

On 8/2/2018 at 1:42 AM, Mazza said:

I’d definitely recommend the Kii’s and the W20 and together they are a match made in heaven.

Yes, you can still use a separate external DAC with the Kii’s. but what happens is that the resultant analogue signal that is fed to them is first converted into the digital domain using an ADC and then passed to internal DACS  [each speaker has 6 of them!] which service each speaker amp and driver [again, 6 of them]. The idea behind this is that each DAC is tuned for each amp and driver. If you feed it a digital signal instead of analogue the ADC is bypassed but the signal is upsampled before being passed to the individual DACS.

Using an external DAC to feed analogue to the Kii’s allegedly keeps the audio ‘signature’ & character of the external DAC through this conversion process but I have not tried it. 

I auditioned the Kef’s at the same time as the Kii’s and they are a very fine speaker, definitely worth a listen.

I hope the above helps

Mazza,

I was wondering if you had tried the AES/EBU interface from the W20 to the Kii’s?

I have the Kii Threes with BXT and have been having a lot of “fun” building and playing with different servers for them.  I am very interested in the N10 or the W20SE.   I have been using Roon a lot, and I like it, but I am seeing more references to Aurender on the forums..  

This is K.I.S.S.  System design!

Bob

2 hours ago, bobfa said:

I was wondering if you had tried the AES/EBU interface from the W20 to the Kii’s?

@bobfa no, sorry, only ever used USB so can’t help you there.

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

I have been reading reviews and looking much more closely at Aurender.  I have been stuck in my head thinking about Roon.  Now I have a crazy idea... start out with an ACS10 as my computer replacement.  Try it in the system with both USB and USB to the Berkeley Alpha USB DDC.  THEN see if an N10 is the right thing or go for the W20SE.  

I wonder about starting with the ACS100 first...  hmmmmmmm

bob

4 hours ago, bobfa said:

I have been reading reviews and looking much more closely at Aurender.  I have been stuck in my head thinking about Roon.  Now I have a crazy idea... start out with an ACS10 as my computer replacement.  Try it in the system with both USB and USB to the Berkeley Alpha USB DDC.  THEN see if an N10 is the right thing or go for the W20SE.  

I wonder about starting with the ACS100 first...  hmmmmmmm

bob

@bobfa depends what you want out of your system. Do you need the ripping facilities of an ACS10 or 100? That seems to be the first question to answer yourself. If you don’t and you really want aes, then the W20 or the W20se would be the way to go, much better than the N10. As for roon? Well that’s a different story altogether

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

On 1/21/2020 at 10:01 PM, justubes said:

Hi Ari

Does it not cache to the RAM?

If it is the cached to the SSD, if i disconnect the network, will we be able to play the list songs (say 100 tracks) selected to be played since it is on the ssd by starting the 1st song and let it continue without network connected to the Aurender?

@justubes sorry for slow response on this -

No, streaming content IS cached to SSD. However, the user's streaming account subscription has to be verified prior to playback, so it will not work to play streaming content without an Internet connection.

After I had updated Conductor app to 3.4 today, every time I am adding track to queue, my iPad mini (iPad mini 5 on latest firmware) did quite loud click/tick sound regardless of iPad volume setting. Only complete mute (silent mode) helps.

Is this normal behavior, os is it bug?

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Aurender fans, it's time to support your favorite manufactures by leaving a quick review and star rating in our new HiFi database called Polestar. 

Here is the into to what it is - https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/audiophile-style-launches-polestar-beta-r877/

Here is a link to the Polestar page where you can search for your products and leave reviews - https://audiophilestyle.com/polestar/

Great idea!

2 hours ago, Koso said:

After I had updated Conductor app to 3.4 today, every time I am adding track to queue, my iPad mini (iPad mini 5 on latest firmware) did quite loud click/tick sound regardless of iPad volume setting. Only complete mute (silent mode) helps.

@Koso you can turn that click off in the iPad settings menu (not the Conductor settings, but the iPad settings app):

0?ui=2&ik=726d279106&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1657805259255639200&th=1701b51990b4eca0&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-ShErE2lM2GSO8QWtt21-7dAQ6bFeeuPclGssb2zmAQto8erPpONgR-INd8_Ujfrkt96KVdHG0KltVWOZO5RlKvH5zQEdj9ngYcLGn0nGjRg81bbUK-sxVnI4&disp=emb

12 hours ago, Koso said:

I have the exact same issue. Weird and rather annoying too.. Must be a bug in the latest app version..

10 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

I have the exact same issue. Weird and rather annoying too.. Must be a bug in the latest app version..

See AriMargolis  post above. There is iPad settings menu (under iPad "settings" app) where you can turn it off.

Funny, I have always had that click through 3 iPads and two Aurender units. 😁

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, rwwjr44 said:

Funny, I have always had that click through 3 iPads and two Aurender units. 😁

🙂 Maybe thats because it seems to be default option hidden in iPad settings...

Just now, Vincent1234 said:

Hmm.. I've never had this myself until the latest update.. 🤔

Me too. Who knows, maybe Aurender changed default status for this option then.