IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

14 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

Thanks

The most recent version is 5.18.125 from last Oct. 

https://www.notion.so/Public-Release-Note-3f6678a5745d401895e64c7c848c2e8e

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

2 hours ago, Custodian said:

The latest app version depends on which model. 4.18,125 is the latest for my w20.

check in the software box in the Conductor App. It will check you have latest software for your player

I also have this update for my N10 BUT can't find a listing of what it contains at Aurender.com. 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any extended listening experiences with the W20SE? If so, please give us an update.

11 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

Has anyone had any extended listening experiences with the W20SE? If so, please give us an update.

+1

Especially in comparison with W20 if possible pls.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

Maybe I can be of some help.  I did own a W20 after having a N10 for a couple of years and recently updated to the W20SE a few months ago.  Also let me say up front I"m not using a separate clock or dual XLR's. 

There was a nice jump in sound quality moving up from the N10 to the W20 which I fully expected.  However what I did not expect was a very similar jump up moving from the W20 to the W20SE.  I studied the compare on the Aurender web site like I"m sure many have and they certainly mention some changes with the biggest the linear power supply and some clocking upgrades.  However since I have come to know Aurender I was pretty sure the jump up would be a good move so went ahead early in the build cycle.  Just was not expecting so much!  My take is there are other more behind the scenes changes that were also done that all added together made the jump so much more beyond what they claimed.  A little added mode is "Extreme Play" which to me adds a bit more on top of what is there already.  This is run with the screen off and some internals but it does work.  The down side is there is no display but I guess that is the point.   

Bottom line well worth it and the app has also been updated too.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Yes its the same thing.  I see on the web site they say Extreme mode but on the app I believe it says critical listening mode.  My system has been down for about three weeks with an upgrade from the Bricasti M12 to the M21 and the M28 amps to the M28SE so just got it fired up last night so my memory of the mode is not the best however what I said is true indeed.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

36 minutes ago, michaelD said:

Maybe I can be of some help.  I did own a W20 after having a N10 for a couple of years and recently updated to the W20SE a few months ago.  Also let me say up front I"m not using a separate clock or dual XLR's. 

There was a nice jump in sound quality moving up from the N10 to the W20 which I fully expected.  However what I did not expect was a very similar jump up moving from the W20 to the W20SE.  I studied the compare on the Aurender web site like I"m sure many have and they certainly mention some changes with the biggest the linear power supply and some clocking upgrades.  However since I have come to know Aurender I was pretty sure the jump up would be a good move so went ahead early in the build cycle.  Just was not expecting so much!  My take is there are other more behind the scenes changes that were also done that all added together made the jump so much more beyond what they claimed.  A little added mode is "Extreme Play" which to me adds a bit more on top of what is there already.  This is run with the screen off and some internals but it does work.  The down side is there is no display but I guess that is the point.   

Bottom line well worth it and the app has also been updated too.

Thank you michaeID.

How your W20 SE is connected to your DAC ?

If with usb cable - is that an unpowered one ?

And pls forgive me another question -do you play music from NAS or from your W20SE as a server?

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

I use the XLR cable not a big believer in USB but I know not all share that opinion.  I think if anybody can do USB right its Aurender so if that is how you want to go give it a try.  I did early on with the N10 compared the USB to XLR and preferred the XLR so never looked back.  Also I just use the W20SE as the server.  Aurender has a program for a NAS that works well and have used it with my N10 but not with the W20SE the 4TB is plenty.  My intention with the digital was to download more hi-rez files but I got hooked on streaming and really have only downloaded like 2 albums to date.  With the W20SE the Tidal option to do the first unfold for MQA is included which is also a plus. 

12 minutes ago, michaelD said:

I use the XLR cable not a big believer in USB but I know not all share that opinion.  I think if anybody can do USB right its Aurender so if that is how you want to go give it a try.  I did early on with the N10 compared the USB to XLR and preferred the XLR so never looked back.  Also I just use the W20SE as the server.  Aurender has a program for a NAS that works well and have used it with my N10 but not with the W20SE the 4TB is plenty.  My intention with the digital was to download more hi-rez files but I got hooked on streaming and really have only downloaded like 2 albums to date.  With the W20SE the Tidal option to do the first unfold for MQA is included which is also a plus. 

I have my W20 already for 6 or 7 years, I update SW on regular base. Before I had S10.

I tried AES connection with my different DAC’s but in my system and for my ears the unpowered usb cable with power switched off in usb audio output is a significant improvement over AES.

I have also Tidal  with MQA first unfold for 2 years or so , I tried also hires streaming from Qobuz for one month but to be honest  the playback of files in their native form be it wav pcm or native dsd is by far superior to my ears than streaming. So I buy files from different websites , prefarably in their native form, I use Tidal only as a secondary source of music.

For time being the best sounding files with Pacific SE DAC are for me wav DXD and DSD 256.

Yes I had a S10 that my dealer let me use until I could get my N10 originally.  In its day it was certainly something that was leaning forward. 

No problems with the USB part to each his own.  I also originally looked at the Lampizator DAC a few years back and almost got one but at the time they could not play DSD, PCM etc. in one playlist.  It's probably fixed by now but I always liked that DAC concept that they had and it certainly looks cool.  But getting back to the W20SE I would highly recommend it to purchase or if you can get a trail but I can't see how you would be disappointed.  

As far as streaming I get what you are saying but what I have done is go back to the source and fix things for a much better experience.  My router and modem are all powered by a Nordost QSource instead of their wall warts.  Next is a SotM switch with their special power supply all supported on Nordost TC kones including the QSource.  Also all network cable is AQ Diamond.  This has had a tremendous effect on streaming in my opinion.  When you get to this level in many cases it has a lot to do with the quality of the recording.  I guess I'm just a bit lazy to download a bunch of files giving up some quality for convenience.

@michaelID

Thank you, I will for sure give W20 SE a try. 

As soon as we get rid of this coronvirus or at least learn how to live  with it.

I consider also LDMS which I auditioned at home last year with the designer, Lukas Domanski, trying rj 45 connection with switch to my Pacific.

Taiko Supreme   is too expensive for me , my first experince with less expensive version - SGM Sound Galleries at Geoffrey’s was not convincing though.

Btw I have Jcat ref Lan cable between my W20 and the wall socket, as well as LAN Jcat grounding device  to my Pacific.

We tried first LDMS connected to my Pacific with unpowered FTA Callisto cable . Then Lukas proposed the connection over rj 45 using the switch ( generic one of good quality ) , server was connected to the switch with my best usb cable - an unpowered Stavessence Aprictiy cable and then with a standard LAN cable to the  Pacific. It was promissing but requires further audition.

Afaik Luc himself uses Apricity usb  cable between his server and Pacific DAC. It deosn't work properly between my W20 and Pac  but had no problem with the  former B7 Lampi DAC. The connectors applied in Apricity usb cable are not standard though.

Lucas has an in house USB cable which ive compared to the FTA, i’m at lowly N10 level 🤪, and i prefer his cable over the FTA. Having said that I preferred the FTA to start but either it or i burned in and felt his USB to be superior. When the current world madness has subdued i may try his server, if i survive that is.  Cheers

Hello,

The last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender?

Thanks for the help, Emile

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Hello, the last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender? Thanks for the help, Emile

Hello @Emile, in the Conductor app, please go to Settings>Help>Send Remote Support Request Email or email us at [email protected] for technical support. Thank you.

19 hours ago, Emile said:

Hello,

The last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender?

Thanks for the help, Emile

Just curious here and assuming you are streaming over the internet. I don't know if you live in an area that has been affected by the Coronavirus and the increased numbers of home internet users. But have you noticed a change in your internet speeds? Some folks that live in a semi-rural area near me have noticed that streaming Netflix, etc. is problematic (lots of buffering). 

Hello rwwjr44, 

Thanks for the reply. I live in the Netherlands where unfortunately there is also the corona virus and many people are at home. These people are probably also using the internet. I checked my internet speed a number of times and it was always good, even during the stutters.

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

The speed test may not show useful information.  Streams will originate from a CDN somewhere in the world.   At that location, or someplace in between, there could be congestion.  Assuming of course that the content provider has deep enough packets to be able to contract out to a reliable CDN (almost certainly the case).

If the problem is somewhat intermittent, I would think that.  The stats I have seem are generally about three times normal traffic volume.