Jump to content
rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, Vincent1234 said:

Hmm.. I've never had this myself until the latest update.. 🤔

Me too. Who knows, maybe Aurender changed default status for this option then.


Isotek EVO3 Aquarius > Torus Power TOT Max CE power conditioner > C.E.C. TL51XR (as transport) Aurender N100H streamer > Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 amp > Diapason Adamantes III 25th speakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have the same "problem."  Loud popping noise when adding new tracks for play.  Does not happen when one queues up an album and the unit moves through each song.  I tried turning off the "click" in the Ipad settings.  Didn't help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

 

Thanks


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

 

Thanks

The most recent version is 5.18.125 from last Oct. 

https://www.notion.so/Public-Release-Note-3f6678a5745d401895e64c7c848c2e8e


Aurender A10..Oppo UDP 203..Classe' SSP-800..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Dali Euphonia MS4s/CS4/Phantom IW..JL Audio F112..Silnote Poseidon Signature XLR.. Pure Note Alluvion speaker cables..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Lessloss DFPC PCs..Symposium Svelte Shelf Plus..Billy Bags rack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest app version depends on which model. 4.18,125 is the latest for my w20.

 

check in the software box in the Conductor App. It will check you have latest software for your player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Custodian said:

The latest app version depends on which model. 4.18,125 is the latest for my w20.

 

check in the software box in the Conductor App. It will check you have latest software for your player

 

I also have this update for my N10 BUT can't find a listing of what it contains at Aurender.com. 


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to apply the MQA update to my N100H but the purchase fails saying "Your purchase could not be completed" then "Software update failed to install". Any ideas? Credit card details are up to date on the app store. I'm running the latest firmware and app version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any extended listening experiences with the W20SE? If so, please give us an update.


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

Has anyone had any extended listening experiences with the W20SE? If so, please give us an update.

+1

Especially in comparison with W20 if possible pls.


Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III->Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I can be of some help.  I did own a W20 after having a N10 for a couple of years and recently updated to the W20SE a few months ago.  Also let me say up front I"m not using a separate clock or dual XLR's. 

 

There was a nice jump in sound quality moving up from the N10 to the W20 which I fully expected.  However what I did not expect was a very similar jump up moving from the W20 to the W20SE.  I studied the compare on the Aurender web site like I"m sure many have and they certainly mention some changes with the biggest the linear power supply and some clocking upgrades.  However since I have come to know Aurender I was pretty sure the jump up would be a good move so went ahead early in the build cycle.  Just was not expecting so much!  My take is there are other more behind the scenes changes that were also done that all added together made the jump so much more beyond what they claimed.  A little added mode is "Extreme Play" which to me adds a bit more on top of what is there already.  This is run with the screen off and some internals but it does work.  The down side is there is no display but I guess that is the point.   

 

Bottom line well worth it and the app has also been updated too.


2 Channel: Bricasti M21 / M28 SE /Aurender W20SE Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S, Bass Trap & R walls) Misc.: SR Orange Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights/2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK and Special Phase technique

Grounding: QKore 6 / Networking: QSource to power modem/Router / Sotm switch and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond Misc.: Furutech GTX-DNCF 

Nordost: QV2's, QK1's, 2-QX4, QPoint's,TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full O2 Loom / QSource & Points Misc.: iPad 3 /Lovan Rack 

Media Rm: ML: 13A's, Descent i's, Vanquish, Focus/Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31/Entreq SM/ 77" LG 4k OLED/Anthem AVM60/Pioneer Elite DVD

Nordost: Odin/V2 - power/T2 - SC, Interconnects for Front 3 Channels/H2 - Surrounds, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, michaelD said:

"Extreme Play"

Are you referring to "Critical Listening Mode"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes its the same thing.  I see on the web site they say Extreme mode but on the app I believe it says critical listening mode.  My system has been down for about three weeks with an upgrade from the Bricasti M12 to the M21 and the M28 amps to the M28SE so just got it fired up last night so my memory of the mode is not the best however what I said is true indeed.


2 Channel: Bricasti M21 / M28 SE /Aurender W20SE Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S, Bass Trap & R walls) Misc.: SR Orange Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights/2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK and Special Phase technique

Grounding: QKore 6 / Networking: QSource to power modem/Router / Sotm switch and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond Misc.: Furutech GTX-DNCF 

Nordost: QV2's, QK1's, 2-QX4, QPoint's,TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full O2 Loom / QSource & Points Misc.: iPad 3 /Lovan Rack 

Media Rm: ML: 13A's, Descent i's, Vanquish, Focus/Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31/Entreq SM/ 77" LG 4k OLED/Anthem AVM60/Pioneer Elite DVD

Nordost: Odin/V2 - power/T2 - SC, Interconnects for Front 3 Channels/H2 - Surrounds, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, michaelD said:

Maybe I can be of some help.  I did own a W20 after having a N10 for a couple of years and recently updated to the W20SE a few months ago.  Also let me say up front I"m not using a separate clock or dual XLR's. 

 

There was a nice jump in sound quality moving up from the N10 to the W20 which I fully expected.  However what I did not expect was a very similar jump up moving from the W20 to the W20SE.  I studied the compare on the Aurender web site like I"m sure many have and they certainly mention some changes with the biggest the linear power supply and some clocking upgrades.  However since I have come to know Aurender I was pretty sure the jump up would be a good move so went ahead early in the build cycle.  Just was not expecting so much!  My take is there are other more behind the scenes changes that were also done that all added together made the jump so much more beyond what they claimed.  A little added mode is "Extreme Play" which to me adds a bit more on top of what is there already.  This is run with the screen off and some internals but it does work.  The down side is there is no display but I guess that is the point.   

 

Bottom line well worth it and the app has also been updated too.


Thank you michaeID.

How your W20 SE is connected to your DAC ?

If with usb cable - is that an unpowered one ?

And pls forgive me another question -do you play music from NAS or from your W20SE as a server?


Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III->Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the XLR cable not a big believer in USB but I know not all share that opinion.  I think if anybody can do USB right its Aurender so if that is how you want to go give it a try.  I did early on with the N10 compared the USB to XLR and preferred the XLR so never looked back.  Also I just use the W20SE as the server.  Aurender has a program for a NAS that works well and have used it with my N10 but not with the W20SE the 4TB is plenty.  My intention with the digital was to download more hi-rez files but I got hooked on streaming and really have only downloaded like 2 albums to date.  With the W20SE the Tidal option to do the first unfold for MQA is included which is also a plus. 


2 Channel: Bricasti M21 / M28 SE /Aurender W20SE Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S, Bass Trap & R walls) Misc.: SR Orange Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights/2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK and Special Phase technique

Grounding: QKore 6 / Networking: QSource to power modem/Router / Sotm switch and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond Misc.: Furutech GTX-DNCF 

Nordost: QV2's, QK1's, 2-QX4, QPoint's,TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full O2 Loom / QSource & Points Misc.: iPad 3 /Lovan Rack 

Media Rm: ML: 13A's, Descent i's, Vanquish, Focus/Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31/Entreq SM/ 77" LG 4k OLED/Anthem AVM60/Pioneer Elite DVD

Nordost: Odin/V2 - power/T2 - SC, Interconnects for Front 3 Channels/H2 - Surrounds, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, michaelD said:

I use the XLR cable not a big believer in USB but I know not all share that opinion.  I think if anybody can do USB right its Aurender so if that is how you want to go give it a try.  I did early on with the N10 compared the USB to XLR and preferred the XLR so never looked back.  Also I just use the W20SE as the server.  Aurender has a program for a NAS that works well and have used it with my N10 but not with the W20SE the 4TB is plenty.  My intention with the digital was to download more hi-rez files but I got hooked on streaming and really have only downloaded like 2 albums to date.  With the W20SE the Tidal option to do the first unfold for MQA is included which is also a plus. 

 
I have my W20 already for 6 or 7 years, I update SW on regular base. Before I had S10.

I tried AES connection with my different DAC’s but in my system and for my ears the unpowered usb cable with power switched off in usb audio output is a significant improvement over AES.

I have also Tidal  with MQA first unfold for 2 years or so , I tried also hires streaming from Qobuz for one month but to be honest  the playback of files in their native form be it wav pcm or native dsd is by far superior to my ears than streaming. So I buy files from different websites , prefarably in their native form, I use Tidal only as a secondary source of music.

For time being the best sounding files with Pacific SE DAC are for me wav DXD and DSD 256.


Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III->Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I had a S10 that my dealer let me use until I could get my N10 originally.  In its day it was certainly something that was leaning forward. 

 

No problems with the USB part to each his own.  I also originally looked at the Lampizator DAC a few years back and almost got one but at the time they could not play DSD, PCM etc. in one playlist.  It's probably fixed by now but I always liked that DAC concept that they had and it certainly looks cool.  But getting back to the W20SE I would highly recommend it to purchase or if you can get a trail but I can't see how you would be disappointed.  

 

As far as streaming I get what you are saying but what I have done is go back to the source and fix things for a much better experience.  My router and modem are all powered by a Nordost QSource instead of their wall warts.  Next is a SotM switch with their special power supply all supported on Nordost TC kones including the QSource.  Also all network cable is AQ Diamond.  This has had a tremendous effect on streaming in my opinion.  When you get to this level in many cases it has a lot to do with the quality of the recording.  I guess I'm just a bit lazy to download a bunch of files giving up some quality for convenience.


2 Channel: Bricasti M21 / M28 SE /Aurender W20SE Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S, Bass Trap & R walls) Misc.: SR Orange Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights/2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK and Special Phase technique

Grounding: QKore 6 / Networking: QSource to power modem/Router / Sotm switch and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond Misc.: Furutech GTX-DNCF 

Nordost: QV2's, QK1's, 2-QX4, QPoint's,TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full O2 Loom / QSource & Points Misc.: iPad 3 /Lovan Rack 

Media Rm: ML: 13A's, Descent i's, Vanquish, Focus/Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31/Entreq SM/ 77" LG 4k OLED/Anthem AVM60/Pioneer Elite DVD

Nordost: Odin/V2 - power/T2 - SC, Interconnects for Front 3 Channels/H2 - Surrounds, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michaelID

 

Thank you, I will for sure give W20 SE a try. 

As soon as we get rid of this coronvirus or at least learn how to live  with it.

I consider also LDMS which I auditioned at home last year with the designer, Lukas Domanski, trying rj 45 connection with switch to my Pacific.

Taiko Supreme   is too expensive for me , my first experince with less expensive version - SGM Sound Galleries at Geoffrey’s was not convincing though.

Btw I have Jcat ref Lan cable between my W20 and the wall socket, as well as LAN Jcat grounding device  to my Pacific.

 


Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III->Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marslo

how did you find the LDMS, have been dealing with him on some cables and he has a superb USB cable, well imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried first LDMS connected to my Pacific with unpowered FTA Callisto cable . Then Lukas proposed the connection over rj 45 using the switch ( generic one of good quality ) , server was connected to the switch with my best usb cable - an unpowered Stavessence Aprictiy cable and then with a standard LAN cable to the  Pacific. It was promissing but requires further audition.

Afaik Luc himself uses Apricity usb  cable between his server and Pacific DAC. It deosn't work properly between my W20 and Pac  but had no problem with the  former B7 Lampi DAC. The connectors applied in Apricity usb cable are not standard though.


Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III->Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucas has an in house USB cable which ive compared to the FTA, i’m at lowly N10 level 🤪, and i prefer his cable over the FTA. Having said that I preferred the FTA to start but either it or i burned in and felt his USB to be superior. When the current world madness has subdued i may try his server, if i survive that is.  Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hello,

 

The last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender?

 

Thanks for the help, Emile


source Aurender N100c amp Moon 340iD3 loudspeakers PMC twenty.23 loudspeaker cable Siltech 330l powercords NBS monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emile said:


Hello, the last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender? Thanks for the help, Emile

Hello @Emile, in the Conductor app, please go to Settings>Help>Send Remote Support Request Email or email us at [email protected] for technical support. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Emile said:


Hello,

 

The last few days I have been experiencing audio stutters while streaming music. My Aurender N100C is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. Sometimes the music plays for hours without problems and then the hitches are back. During a hitch, the time bar of the song on the iPad does not continue. Did already a hard reset on the Airport Extreme and did a check for software updates. Also restarted the Aurender and did reset the settings of the App. This setup has worked flawlessly for more than a year. Could there be a problem with the Apple Airport Extreme or the Aurender?

 

Thanks for the help, Emile

 

Just curious here and assuming you are streaming over the internet. I don't know if you live in an area that has been affected by the Coronavirus and the increased numbers of home internet users. But have you noticed a change in your internet speeds? Some folks that live in a semi-rural area near me have noticed that streaming Netflix, etc. is problematic (lots of buffering). 


Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. Rega Planar 8 with Alpheta 2 cartridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello rwwjr44, 

Thanks for the reply. I live in the Netherlands where unfortunately there is also the corona virus and many people are at home. These people are probably also using the internet. I checked my internet speed a number of times and it was always good, even during the stutters.

source Aurender N100c amp Moon 340iD3 loudspeakers PMC twenty.23 loudspeaker cable Siltech 330l powercords NBS monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...