IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

+1 to merge03 comments. I never have the same issue streaming off my NAS or using the Aurender's internal HDD

With Tidal, it has happened intermittently [weeks/months apart] and TBH, I just shrug, stop using Tidal for a while and try again later. Invariably, it is usually then ok. I get it though, if you are getting a lot of disruption, it can get pretty frustrating

Maybe Aurender will find something different for you?

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

52 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'd try adjusting DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

just curious, and I am no expert on this, but I have manually set DNS at 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 based on previous advice. Is 1.1.1.1 a better one to consider for some reason? 

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

2 hours ago, justubes said:

Hi, does anyone have experienced a ssd failure/corruption and how it was fixed.

If unit does not go into boot. 

Usb recovery thumbdrive was not functioning.

How to resolve since it cannot boot and obtain Aurender support help from the menu?

Wow, that sucks big time.. 😔

I guess in this case you should approach your dealer to ask for a repair. Maybe they can provide you with a temporary replacement? Hope it will be solved soon!

6 hours ago, justubes said:

Hi, does anyone have experienced a ssd failure/corruption and how it was fixed.

If unit does not go into boot. 

Usb recovery thumbdrive was not functioning.

How to resolve since it cannot boot and obtain Aurender support help from the menu?

Hi @justubes - you know where to find help if you need it!

If the unit is not booting up and it is unable to boot to SSD Recovery or Remote Support modes, then I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done remotely. Your dealer or distributor in your country can assist with the repair. As always, we are here to help at [email protected].

It sounds like you have already tried this, but just in case, here are the steps to boot to SSD Recovery Mode or Remote Support Mode (from internal USB stick)

1. Shut down the Aurender and make sure the back panel switch is off.
  2. Press the front power button and hold it.
  3. While holding the front power button, turn on the back panel power switch.
  4. As soon as the display turns on, release the front panel power button.
  5. When the display shows the "aurender recovery" message, scroll to the REMOTE SUPPORT option using the skip forward button.
  6. Once "Remote support" is highlighted, press the play button to start remote support.
  7. Take a picture of the screen and send it to us.

?name=boot+to+RS+mode.gif

Thanks Ari for your info.

My dealer had a new replacement usb recovery stick sent by Aurender as the original one was dead, but still seems unable to restore the ssds OS (but working ssd). Just powering to show Aurender logo on the lcd.

Just to gain a better understanding, does the recovery usb restore the ssd partially by looking for the the last working boot or does it / or can it reinstall the whole ssd OS.

Also , in cases where the ssd does stop working, can the recovery work via just the usb recovery stick to boot it so that at least if the OS cannot be reinstalled, the unit can still boot so that Aurender support can remotely access and diagnose, reinstall or fix the os?

How would the OS be best reinstalled? Should the old ssd ever die and a new blank one replaced. What would be the procedure to get things up and running?

With the current Covid situation badly affecting the whole  world, service seems to be very limited or even halted for some time as many business operations have not been allowed to operate as per normal due to governmental restrictions imposed to only allow essential services currently.

Is having backups possible.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, justubes said:

Thanks Ari for your info.

My dealer had a new replacement usb recovery stick sent by Aurender as the original one was dead, but still seems unable to restore the ssds OS (but working ssd). Just powering to show Aurender logo on the lcd.

Just to gain a better understanding, does the recovery usb restore the ssd partially by looking for the the last working boot or does it / or can it reinstall the whole ssd OS.

Also , in cases where the ssd does stop working, can the recovery work via just the usb recovery stick to boot it so that at least if the OS cannot be reinstalled, the unit can still boot so that Aurender support can remotely access and diagnose, reinstall or fix the os?

How would the OS be best reinstalled? Should the old ssd ever die and a new blank one replaced. What would be the procedure to get things up and running?

With the current Covid situation badly affecting the whole  world, service seems to be very limited or even halted for some time as many business operations have not been allowed to operate as per normal due to governmental restrictions imposed to only allow essential services currently.

Is having backups possible.

Thanks

@Justubes the USB recovery stick is basically a booting image. If possible, booting to SSD recovery from USB stick should restore the SSD, but sometimes that is not possible. In case it is not working, I can try to facilitate communication with Aurender Korea for additional assistance if you email me at our support channel. [email protected].

7 hours ago, bbosler said:

How are you connecting your Rossini to the W20SE? I just got a Rossini and clock and considering the Aurender. My main hesitation is I am so enamored with Roon and all Aurender supports is Airplay.

Have you tried the clock and/or different clocks on your Rossini?

thanks

sorry to quote myself, but I read the article about DSP and Mitch Barnett and took the plunge. Very happy with the Audiolense filters Mitch put together for me using Roon on Mac Mini. So does this mean if using the W20SE you have to abandon Roon and convolution or is there a way to add these filters with the W20SE? 

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

11 hours ago, bbosler said:

sorry to quote myself, but I read the article about DSP and Mitch Barnett and took the plunge. Very happy with the Audiolense filters Mitch put together for me using Roon on Mac Mini. So does this mean if using the W20SE you have to abandon Roon and convolution or is there a way to add these filters with the W20SE? 

Hi, I'm using the W20 (not the SE) and Rossini and clock. W20 is connected to Rossini through an ultra high-end USB cable (Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus - mono crystal silver). My dealer tested this against the same quality double AES/EBU and also linking the clock to the W20. There was no quality difference to speak of, so I chose USB; much less expensive this way. Rossini + clock is a very big upgrade. Vivaldi clock even more so.

Roon indeed will NOT work with the W20 (only Airplay and you don't want this). I can still use Roon with the Rossini. But the audio quality with the W20 is considerably higher. I don't miss Roon, to be honest. Still using Roon to index the content of the W20, so it will add album art etc.

You will lose any Roon related filters when using the W20. But the Rossini has all the filters you will ever need.

13 hours ago, bbosler said:

Yes, you would have to abandon Roon and as of now abandon the convolution filters too. I’ve been looking for a good solution that enables using convolution filters with Aurender servers but so far have only found one that enables all the music to be pulled from anther computer that applies the filter. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Seems like the results would be highly dependent on the quality of the base filters and the DSP implementation.

I would guess that applying such a filter to source material that had already been manipulated before release,

might produce undesirable results.

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

OK, then I misunderstood. So, can you explain to me what convolution filters are? Would like to understand. Thanks!

Convolution filters are often created by someone who has taken measurements of a room, to change the frequency response heard at the listening position. Here is a little article about my experience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

thanks everyone for the input and advice. So the search continues. Looks like a Roon server is the best option, not that I couldn't live without the library management even though I do really like Roon radio, but I am not going to give up the convolution filters. . The Innuos Statement looks like a candidate,, or just go old school and get the Nucleus

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Convolution filters are often created by someone who has taken measurements of a room, to change the frequency response heard at the listening position. Here is a little article about my experience. 

Clear, thanks! 👍🏻

14 hours ago, bbosler said:

thanks everyone for the input and advice. So the search continues. Looks like a Roon server is the best option, not that I couldn't live without the library management even though I do really like Roon radio, but I am not going to give up the convolution filters. . The Innuos Statement looks like a candidate,, or just go old school and get the Nucleus

I have an Aurender W20 with MQA and used the 50 ohm Shunyata Clock cabers and AES 110 ohm signal cable. The Taiko Extreme unfortunately blows it away and the W20SE. The Taiko Extreme if you have the budget is a game changing product, first time I have heard my Digital system sound like my Rockport Sirius III TT but better! 

I understand Taiko are working on a lower priced model which retains 90% of the sound of the Extreme. They were going to release it at the Munich show..... ITs worth talking to Emile from Taiko about it. Here is his number ‭+31 6 50 60 12 37‬. They run Roon Core on their Servers and I love Roon and the ability to deep search for music and that's what its all about at the end of the day. PM me if you need help. 

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Has the Aurender had its time in the light only to be overshadowed by Roon?

I was thinking about this earlier while listening to some music. At the time it came out, I believe the Aurender was the best digital player there was available with the best user interface and sound quality. Since then however, Roon has come of age, been polished and become better, and the addition of an Optical Rendu device (regular or Signature SE) has, IMO, surpassed the Aurenders best efforts, and at a lower price point if you go for the more expensive Aurender models.

No electron left behind.