IGNORED

HQ Player

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Here is the list from the HQP website. The T&A device is 39,000 dollars...

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 9.23.26 PM.png

A bargain at half the price. :)

I was hoping there were a few devices out there that haven't made the website list just yet.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@Mike Rubin You could always get a Linn Streamer and a pair of their powered speakers. No NAA functionality though.

Or any streamer and powered speakers for that matter.

I am happy with the KEF LS50's that I have.  A regular amp that plays DSD natively from Linux would be great.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Hello

I use HQplayer Embedded under Gentooplayer on an AMD Ryzen 7 5700 G Server and I can decode DSD 256 from Tidal in Streeaming or Flac files locally
to a Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC

I join you the screenshots of the parameter settings notably at the level of the filters which sound better on the system.

can we optimize ?

especially 48 K ???

I noticed that in 20 Bits it is much better than in 24 Bits

thank you for your feedback

cpasmoi😀

Paramétrages HQpe Serveur (écran 1).jpg

Paramétrages HQpe Serveur (écran 2).jpg

7 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@cpasmoi you should check Autorate family (in Options) and set rate limit to 12288000.

in this way the family 

• 44.1/88.2/176.4 will be upsampled to 44.1x256 (=11289600)
  • 48/96/192 will be upsampled to 48x256 (=12288000)

Thank you for this information

I have checked as you suggested 

"Autorate Family"

in "SDM Settings".

I can't find any difference between DSD 256 and DSD 512 and I prefer to optimize on DSD 256

besides another member had suggested me to define 

48 * 256 in DSD correspond to 11289600 ?

and as you suggest, do I have to set them to

Bit Rate instead of Auto?

what value to indicate to Buffer time ?

thanks for your feedback 😊

Parametrage HQPE .jpg

HQPlayer stops working if another program uses port 8088 in Windows

Hi, running HQPlayer on Windows and installed another program that uses port 8088 and it seems when that program is running, HQPlayer stops working.  I changed the program to use another port and HQPlayer is working again. 

Posting this in case others run into same issue since it took me a bit to track down the issue.

Why does HQPlayer rely on port 8088 and if there a way to change the port it uses to a less common port?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Hammer said:

Why does HQPlayer rely on port 8088 and if there a way to change the port it uses to a less common port?

That port is used for the internal web server. There are two ports in use, one for the HQPlayer API and another one for the web server.

Theoretically these could be changed, but it would also need to have configuration at the control application side. So it is not necessarily practical.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I’m having an issue and hoping someone could help.  I put Ubuntu 22.04 on my HQPlayer machine.  This machine largely just runs HQPlayer and a Plex Server.  I upgraded it a month ago but have not used HQPlayer in the month since.  Two days ago I tried to play music from HQPlayer and it would not find my Ultrarendu.  I’ve been using this machine and HQPlayer since 2018 with the same Ultrarendu.  Not had this problem.  My only connection issue has ever been after power outages and I just restart the cpu and it fixes it.

I have power cycled everything multiple times.  I can see both device on the network.  I can ping the Ultrarendu from the HQPlayer machine.  I have updated the Ultrarendu, HQPlayer, and Ubuntu 22.04.  No change.  Pleas and the machine are no problem.

my machine runs 22.04 low latency

everything is Ethernet connected.  
ubiquiti switch between the devices.  I test all the data cables and no problem.

can anyone think of anything else to test?  I’m stuck.

thanks

mike

4 hours ago, mfalcon said:

can anyone think of anything else to test?  I’m stuck.

I don’t have an ultrarendu, but sometimes when I reboot my NAA I then need to restart the hqplayer service before it works…

Assuming you have already rechecked the hqplayer config…. additionally you could also have a look at your hqplayer log ??

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Anyone know why HQP shows these messages, "No impulse response for channel"

I'm playing two channel stereo, using two channel (mono) convolution filters, and the matrix pipeline is not enabled. The channel number changes when I switch tracks in Roon. 

It is just report that there are no defined impulse responses for rest of the possible output channels. At the moment there are 32 virtual channels. Although the simple convolution setup allows maximum 8 channels.

You can just ignore the unused channels.

HQPlayer status bar messages are subset based on the prefix marker character, of messages written to the log file. So it can get chatty at times.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@MiskaI am trialing HQplayer desktop and playing it directly from my Macbook Air (MacOs 12.5) via ethernet cable into my Merging NADAC. No issues when playing local PCM music files, but when I play DSD or DXD files, i get a static ticking sound. And even when i pause the player, the ticking sound continues for 5-10 seconds. I've configured HQplayer per the Merging HQplayer configuration guide. Any insight into what issue I might be experiencing? Thank you.

Hi Miska,

I need your advice for these EQ settings (HD800s Optimum Fidelity)

Oratory asks for a 0.2 gain, I've always read here that level should remains under -3 dBFS, do you agree Oratory?

Preamp: 0.2 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 45 Hz Gain -1.2 dB Q 0.8 BW 1.7
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 225 Hz Gain -4.3 dB Q 0.35 BW 3.33
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 350 Hz Gain 0.4 dB Q 2.0 BW 0.71
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 2.0 BW 0.71
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2800 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 3.0 BW 0.48
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3350 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 4.0 BW 0.36
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 6.0 BW 0.24
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 5450 Hz Gain -4.4 dB Q 5.0 BW 0.29
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 6150 Hz Gain -2.6 dB Q 6.0 BW 0.24
Filter 10: ON HS Fc 7000 Hz Gain -6.0 dB Q 0.7 BW 0.31

Thanks for your reply!