IGNORED

HQ Player

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

No matter what strange filter/ noise shaper / modulator combo please make the Multicore DSP gray or checked. Don’t leave blank.

On SDM side please set the Bit rate to 44.1k x256.

Thanks @El Guapo! I have made those setting changes but still get the same ticking sound. @The Computer Audiophilesuggested i try the https://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderbolt-avb-adapter/overview.html because the newer MacOs's (I am on Mac OS 12.5) drives up memory usage when using some of the lesser optimized thunderbolt-ethernet converters. I was going to get a better converter anyways and so will give this adaptor a try (which Merging also recommends)

3 hours ago, longinc said:

Thanks @El Guapo! I have made those setting changes but still get the same ticking sound. @The Computer Audiophilesuggested i try the https://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderbolt-avb-adapter/overview.html because the newer MacOs's (I am on Mac OS 12.5) drives up memory usage when using some of the lesser optimized thunderbolt-ethernet converters. I was going to get a better converter anyways and so will give this adaptor a try (which Merging also recommends)

I wonder why PCM filte and dither are set to "none"? And output mode to "Auto" instead of something specific?

I would suggest to set output mode to SDM (DSD), oversampling 1x to poly-sinc-gauss-long and Nx to poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp. Set modulator to ASDM5 for starters. Set SDM output rate limit to 44.1k x256.

Then in ANEMAN, check that the DAC is set to master clock and that NADAC and HQPlayer are both in the same clock domains. Configure NADAC to use DSD256 through it's web interface. Then in ANEMAN establish two channel links with Unicast transmission.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I have a simple question. Where does HQPlayer store error reports? I have recently had a few instances of HQPlayer locking up on my Windows 11 PC. This is with music and setting I have used many times. I looked for the error report but can't find it. I do have that checked in settings so the report should be on my computer somewhere but I cannot seem to find it in the likely places. Please advise.

10 minutes ago, Chodi said:

I have a simple question. Where does HQPlayer store error reports? I have recently had a few instances of HQPlayer locking up on my Windows 11 PC. This is with music and setting I have used many times. I looked for the error report but can't find it. I do have that checked in settings so the report should be on my computer somewhere but I cannot seem to find it in the likely places. Please advise.

Errors usually show up in the log file. Per the HQP manual:

"On Windows the log file can be found from %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer directory of the system drive. You need to enter this path on the address bar of the Windows File Explorer as these are not shown by default."

I'm quite new to HQPlayer (embedded) and I would like to ask those, who have experience to give me some help please.

I use HQPlayer in conjunction with Aqua LinQ. HQPlayer is embedded in this device and therefore it is most important to find settings with a CPU load as low as possible! Otherwise the setting will not be supported by LinQ.

The rest is very simple:
1) I want to (up)sample all my (flac) files to the target sample rate of 192000/24 or 176400/24.
The files I want to sample are mostly 44100/16, but also 44100/24, 48000/24, 88200/24, 96000/24, 176400/24 and 192000/24.
Which PCM-Settings (1x Filter, Nx Filter, Dither) should I use?

2) Moreover I have some dsf-files (all DSD64) which I want to downsample to 176400/24 and therefore I need the appropriate SDM settings (1x Oversampling, Nx Oversampling, etc.)

Once again: low CPU load ist very important.

Martin

@stefano,

yes, I know this manual. Nevertheless it is possible to change settings and do upsamplings provided this doesn't require too much CPU capacity.

May be the downsampling from DSD64 needs too much capacity, but the upsampling to 176400 respective 192000 sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Here it depends on the settings which I use.

Martin

9 hours ago, bummer said:

1) I want to (up)sample all my (flac) files to the target sample rate of 192000/24 or 176400/24.
The files I want to sample are mostly 44100/16, but also 44100/24, 48000/24, 88200/24, 96000/24, 176400/24 and 192000/24.
Which PCM-Settings (1x Filter, Nx Filter, Dither) should I use?

I think most poly-sinc family filters will work fine. It is easy to test where you start getting drop-outs, but 192k output rate is so low that it doesn't really put much demands on the CPU.

Use either TPDF or Gauss1 dither.

And remember not turn HQPlayer volume higher than -3 dBFS.

9 hours ago, bummer said:

2) Moreover I have some dsf-files (all DSD64) which I want to downsample to 176400/24 and therefore I need the appropriate SDM settings (1x Oversampling, Nx Oversampling, etc.)

This is more difficult question, since I have never used the HQPlayer module. But likely standard/low + traditional would work.

Hi,

I need some help with the settings using a Zen Stream as an NAA to my RME ADI-2 in direct DSD mode. I feel like I have tried every possible setting and it either doesn't play or defaults to PCM - which works fine. I have used the ZS as an NAA with DSD without a problem to my Holo Spring 3 and IFI Zen DAC.

Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, wanta911 said:

Hi,

I need some help with the settings using a Zen Stream as an NAA to my RME ADI-2 in direct DSD mode. I feel like I have tried every possible setting and it either doesn't play or defaults to PCM - which works fine. I have used the ZS as an NAA with DSD without a problem to my Holo Spring 3 and IFI Zen DAC.

Thanks in advance.

Same problem here with the DAC in a NuPrime IDA-8 integrated.  NuPrime says the NAA must have in its kernel a reference to each specific DAC to the IDA-8.  Sonore said it has that ID in the rendu series kernel and the Zen also has a supposedly has it, but neither of those renderers can play direct DSD to that DAC in my experience.  Fingers pointed by NuPrime at the NAA devices and by the device manufacturers at NuPrime.  I concluded that it is a compatibility issue that I can't fix, so DoP will have to do.  (NuPrime told me to buy a NUC to use with NAA as any Windows 10 device, as it would be able to use the ASIO driver that appears necessary for direct DSD on this particular DAC.) 

I hope there is a more straightforward solution for your issue.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Have you read the user manual? On page 32 there are details about DSD playing 

Yeah I've used DSD direct via USB from my Mac to the RME with DOP enabled for months.

The current issue is using the ZS as a NAA instead of a USB cable from the Mac. It doesn't work with or without DOP enabled, or with or without 48kHz ticked.

8 hours ago, wanta911 said:

You need to set "SDM Pack" to "DoP" (ADI-2 doesn't support anything else) and then you can play up to DSD128. You cannot do DSD256 because ZenStream doesn't support PCM rates higher than 384. And for DSD256 with DoP you would need 705.6/768k...

45 minutes ago, Miska said:

You need to set "SDM Pack" to "DoP" (ADI-2 doesn't support anything else) and then you can play up to DSD128. You cannot do DSD256 because ZenStream doesn't support PCM rates higher than 384. And for DSD256 with DoP you would need 705.6/768k...

Thanks Jussi, I could have sworn that I tried DOP with DSD128 but it must have only been with DSD256.

Anybody faces stopping problem in HQPE when streaming Quboz? I face this problem every few minutes, below is the log and my HQPE version is 4.32.4:

& 2022/08/20 08:37:01 Play
  2022/08/20 08:37:01 Offload: resampler=disabled convolution=disabled
+ 2022/08/20 08:37:01 NAA output network engine starting...
  2022/08/20 08:37:01 NAA output network format: 352800/32/2 [pcm]
  2022/08/20 08:37:01 NAA output network SDM streaming
  2022/08/20 08:37:01 NAA output channels: 2 (2)
+ 2022/08/20 08:37:01 NAA output network engine started at: 5644800
  2022/08/20 08:37:02 Stream reader freewheel mode disabled
? 2022/08/20 08:39:58 Stream of size 27743247 terminated at 22909455 - retrying with offset
  2022/08/20 08:39:59 End of track
& 2022/08/20 08:39:59 Next  (0)
  2022/08/20 08:40:00 Idle request
  2022/08/20 08:40:12 Stop request (tail)
& 2022/08/20 08:40:12 Stop...
- 2022/08/20 08:40:12 NAA output network engine stopping...
- 2022/08/20 08:40:13 NAA output network engine stopped
- 2022/08/20 08:40:13 Playback engine stopped
& 2022/08/20 08:40:13 ...stopped
  2022/08/20 08:40:13 Set volume: -3 +
1 hour ago, the_bat said:

Apologies if this has been answered before.  If I'm using HQPlayer with Roon and I have two or more endpoints that I want to stream to, can I switch between them in Roon or do I have to go into the HQPlayer menus?

If you have multiple NAAs, you need to switch in HQPlayer settings. If you have multiple HQPlayers, you can switch from Roon.

4 hours ago, the_bat said:

Thanks.  Would I need separate licenses for each HQPlayer and could I run multiple instances on the same machine?

You have multiple DACs connected to the same HQPlayer machine?

If you have multiple DACs on the same machine, you need to switch from HQPlayer and you use just one license. If you have multiple machines with simultaneously running HQPlayer, you need to have multiple licenses.

Thanks, and sorry for not explaining myself very well.  I will have two DACs connected to separate NAA endpoints and the DACs have different attributes including maximum sample rates.  To make it easier for other people using the system I was hoping to be able to select one or the other from within Roon, rather than having to go into the HQPlayer menus.