IGNORED

HQ Player

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

He should really try the I2S connection between the LinQ and the La Scala.

Not sure about that the dealer supplied the custom AES cable for connection for my friend I home trial. Even if the i2s is a touch better than the AES, it still would not worth the 100x price difference with a pi?

3 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Not sure about that the dealer supplied the custom AES cable for connection for my friend I home trial. Even if the i2s is a touch better than the AES, it still would not worth the 100x price difference with a pi?

Well... I have a Pi4 here running Miska's NAA image and I had a LinQ. I liked it enough to send my Pacific back to Poland to have the ethernet input changed to an I2S input...

No electron left behind.

14 minutes ago, Fredc said:

Am I the only one who finds issue with 4193. On HQPLayer desktop. Windows 11. After upgrading to 4193, no sound came out when in SDM mode !! Switch back to 4192 and all is well. Did it a few times and same thing happened?

I almost never have any problems with HQPlayer. Unlike almost every other player I have tried. Did you verify that all your settings were correct before pressing play? Sometimes they can get changed in an upgrade.

No electron left behind.

@Fredc maybe the question is superfluous .....
did you completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one? 🙄

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

On 9/3/2022 at 1:10 AM, Quadman said:

I read your post this mourning, very impressive!!, and I agree 1024 is where the magic happens (me with no EC you with EC).  MSI MB"s must have an easy adjustment for ring voltage, the Asus board I have and the one I built for my buddy has no easy Ring voltage adjustment that I could find, and my trials brought no joy.  My next board when I move to a 12900K or 13900K will be MSI.  Your voltages are sure pushing it, I would be leery running over 1.4V all the time.  Nice cooler, I use an artic freezer 280AIO, which also replaced an noctura air cooler and it handles cooling just fine.  Excellent and kudo's to you for getting it to happen with NO GPU

Thank you @Quadman 

Let's be frank - we did not know back than. And another huge thing that happened over these last 6 months is Ubuntu 22.04 LTE - with more optimizations for Alder Lake (and more patches seems to come) + (certainly) Jussi's builds for  "Jammy" + BIOS patches, bug fixes etc... Personally, while mingling with 12900K/KS is/was fun and brings rather satisfactory results, I can't wait for 13900K.

I really want to close and put my HQP mega-brain tower into the cellar away from listening area and just plunge into the music ! :)

2 hours ago, giordy60 said:

@Fredc maybe the question is superfluous .....
did you completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one? 🙄

I did. Use Revo uninstall to complete removal, restart machine before installing 1493. Same configuration and volume settings. Done this many many times previous updates first time problem. If it's only me, very strange. 

31 minutes ago, Fredc said:

I did. Use Revo uninstall to complete removal, restart machine before installing 1493. Same configuration and volume settings. Done this many many times previous updates first time problem. If it's only me, very strange. 

CUDA offload in use? If so, please make sure you have recent Nvidia drivers.

Which CPU do you use? Try switching Multicore DSP between greyed and checked.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 9/1/2022 at 1:59 PM, Theobetley said:

This was using same settings as music off hard drive. I had occasional dropouts before 19.3 but nothing like it is now,

My ongoing saga of dropouts on 19.3 qobuz: now I get no music but I notice that on task mgr I am getting 99% of network usage even with no upsampling. Remind me again how I can capture the logfile please.

2 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Remind me again how I can capture the logfile please.

Please see Troubleshooting-section in the manual.

2 hours ago, Theobetley said:

now I get no music but I notice that on task mgr I am getting 99% of network usage

NAA in use? 802.3x active? What kind of internet connection do you have? For me, on my internet connections, freewheel mode downloading next track occupies about 50% of local network for couple of seconds. But since the NAA traffic is prioritized with 802.1p/DiffServ, it is not affected even on the same link. And there's anyway still lot of bandwidth to spare.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, Miska said:

These are now roughly equivalent like:

sinc-Ls = Chord Mojo/Hugo

sinc-Lm = Chord Dave

sinc-Ll = Chord MScaler

are these apodizing? 

sinc Ll is 1m taps 

sink m is apodizing at constant 1m taps 

Sink mx is apodizing and variable minimum 1m taps

sink l is non apodizing and 2m taps 

2 minutes ago, Richh84 said:

are these apodizing? 

sinc Ll is 1m taps 

sink m is apodizing at constant 1m taps 

Sink mx is apodizing and variable minimum 1m taps

sink l is non apodizing and 2m taps 

sinc-L are non-apodizing and a lot like Chord filters in other ways too.

sinc-S/M are completely different and apodizing.

Mx is 1M taps at 16x multiplier. So 32x multiplier is 2M taps, 64x multiplier 4M taps, and so on. Typically you would run at 256x giving 16M taps.

sinc-Ll is 65536 x conversion ratio taps. So for typical 256x this gives you 16M taps. sinc-L is twice that.

15 minutes ago, Miska said:

sinc-L are non-apodizing and a lot like Chord filters in other ways too.

sinc-S/M are completely different and apodizing.

Mx is 1M taps at 16x multiplier. So 32x multiplier is 2M taps, 64x multiplier 4M taps, and so on. Typically you would run at 256x giving 16M taps.

sinc-Ll is 65536 x conversion ratio taps. So for typical 256x this gives you 16M taps. sinc-L is twice that.

awesome info forgot one how about sinc LM 

6 hours ago, Miska said:

There are often such pictures to Hi-Res as for example from Qobuz. It is shown that with Hi-Res the reconstruction of the amplitude is finely graduated than with a CD. Is this representation really correct? As far as I know, the sample rate only represents the audible spectrum. For example, for a CD, half of 44.1kHz = 22.05Khz (Nyquist frequency). I mean this says nothing about the quality of the reconstruction from digital to analog. 

44304695ww.png

Source: https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/music/streaming/offers

Does a higher number of taps mean a better (finer) reconstruction of the amplitude?

Is there a display of the used tabs in the HQPlayer or can this be implemented?

49 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

@Miskahi Miska, will an allo usbridge signature  with the raspberry Compute module 3 work with hqplayer as a NAA or the NAA image is only compatible with raspberry pi 4?

No, NAA OS won't work on it. NAA OS and HQPlayer OS are RPi4 only.

There are other OS solutions that ship NAA functionality and may work on it though.