IGNORED

HQ Player

On 2022/9/6 at PM12點09分, dericchan1 said:

@米斯卡 對不起,麻煩您了。實際上,我有一個舊的 allo usbridge 和閃閃發光的 sbc。預加載的dietpi gui 實際上在那裡顯示了一個NAA 守護程序選項。這真的可以作為 Hqplayer NAA 工作嗎?

謝謝 

德里克12BA246F-115F-40DF-BE5F-6BE0B9EA05C4.thumb.jpeg.ad5b0920e0c4685895093003681e603b.jpegB821D4A0-58FE-4E7A-A76A-D448930321A0.jpeg.a179ffd49eebc5f2345e25933ffaa246.jpeg

I also had an Allo USBbridge dusted for a long time.

I have to regret to say that the Allo USBbridge's compatibility with USB DACs is pretty baffling.

So I would rather DIY a Raspberry Pi 4B + 10M OCXO + super capacitor / software moOde + NAA,

(https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/buster/networkaudiod_4.1.1-46_armhf.deb)

In this way, not only the sound quality is great, but also switching between HQPe & moOde MPD play is very simple and convenient.

Ericcatz

S__41254914.jpg

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

On 9/6/2022 at 1:15 AM, ericcatz said:

I also had an Allo USBbridge dusted for a long time.

I have to regret to say that the Allo USBbridge's compatibility with USB DACs is pretty baffling.

So I would rather DIY a Raspberry Pi 4B + 10M OCXO + super capacitor / software moOde + NAA,

(https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/buster/networkaudiod_4.1.1-46_armhf.deb)

In this way, not only the sound quality is great, but also switching between HQPe & moOde MPD play is very simple and convenient.

Ericcatz

S__41254914.jpg

Hi Eric, How did that happen my message got translated to Chinese? 😂 

what is this NAA image file you provided in your previous message is for?

thanks

Deric

On 9/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, dericchan1 said:

Hi Eric, How did that happen my message got translated to Chinese? 😂 

what is this NAA image file you provided in your previous message is for?

thanks

Deric

Hi Deric!

Chinese content is from Google Translate.

The usage of NAA image file is, putty logs in to moOde,

Enter the default username pi, password moodeaudio, log in to the ssh environment

Enter the following commands in turn to complete the installation of hqplayer NAA:

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/buster/networkaudiod_4.1.1-46_armhf.deb

sudo dpkg -i networkaudiod_4.1.1-46_armhf.deb

After re-opening moOde, there is the function of HQPlayer NAA,

During MPD playback, when you want to switch to HQPlayer, you can easily switch to NAA playback by pressing the pause button of software playback first.

Hope the above information is helpful to you!

Ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

On 9/6/2022 at 1:53 AM, ericcatz said:

Hi Deric!

Chinese content is from Google Translate.

Enter the default username pi, password moodeaudio, log in to the ssh environment

Enter the following commands in turn to complete the installation of hqplayer NAA:

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/buster/networkaudiod_4.1.1-46_armhf.deb

After re-opening moOde, there is the function of HQPlayer NAA,

During MPD playback, when you want to switch to HQPlayer, you can easily switch to NAA playback by pressing the pause button of software playback first.

Hope the above information is helpful to you!

Ericcatz

Thank you Eric. Just a couple more questions for clarifications.

1) the NAA image you provided 4.1.1.46-armed.deb

is this the image for sparky or this is actually the image for raspberry pi 4b?

2) during mpd playback in moode, if I want to switch to NAA, I will just press “pause” during the song then restart the song? I am just a bit confused here.

3) I am currently just using the NAA raspberry pi 4 image provided by Miska and with a windows hqplayer desktop license then use the hqplayer wv to control playback. I suppose your method is basically using moode as the library management and playback control app but you still need a hqplayer desktop to connect to the Raspberry pi 4 with moode/NAA?

thanks

Deric

On 9/6/2022 at 2:04 PM, dericchan1 said:

Thank you Eric. Just a couple more questions for clarifications.

1) the NAA image you provided 4.1.1.46-armed.deb

is this the image for sparky or this is actually the image for raspberry pi 4b?

2) during mpd playback in moode, if I want to switch to NAA, I will just press “pause” during the song then restart the song? I am just a bit confused here.

3) I am currently just using the NAA raspberry pi 4 image provided by Miska and with a windows hqplayer desktop license then use the hqplayer wv to control playback. I suppose your method is basically using moode as the library management and playback control app but you still need a hqplayer desktop to connect to the Raspberry pi 4 with moode/NAA?

thanks

Deric

The simple reply is as follows:

1.) The NAA image is applicable to all RPi playback software (including moOde, Volumio & piCorePlayer, etc.), and is a Linux-based RPi plug-in.

2.) 3.) Reply together, you can see that I am in the control environment of HQPe by looking at the playback screenshot I posted above;

In other words, when you press pause on moOde, moOde is in a paused state; all operations can be switched to the playback environment of HQPlayer, you can find and set your Network Audio backend device in Configuration, and then all operations are performed in All controls of HQPlayer are completed, HQPlayer4Client, HQPlayer wv, etc.

After you stop and close HQPlayer, go back to the moOde audio player web page and press the play button to continue playing MPD.

Anyway, you just need to understand that you are in the same player, controlling and playing two completely different software.

Above

Ericcatz

hqpe setup 01.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 2:38 AM, ericcatz said:

The simple reply is as follows:

1.) The NAA image is applicable to all RPi playback software (including moOde, Volumio & piCorePlayer, etc.), and is a Linux-based RPi plug-in.

2.) 3.) Reply together, you can see that I am in the control environment of HQPe by looking at the playback screenshot I posted above;

In other words, when you press pause on moOde, moOde is in a paused state; all operations can be switched to the playback environment of HQPlayer, you can find and set your Network Audio backend device in Configuration, and then all operations are performed in All controls of HQPlayer are completed, HQPlayer4Client, HQPlayer wv, etc.

After you stop and close HQPlayer, go back to the moOde audio player web page and press the play button to continue playing MPD.

Anyway, you just need to understand that you are in the same player, controlling and playing two completely different software.

Above

Ericcatz

hqpe setup 01.jpg

Thanks for the trick above Eric, yes essentially I can use Moode for library management, add songs to play list, then press pause then switch to HQP NAA mode and play the songs with hqplayer. Then I can switch back to moode if say I want to use moode for internet radio......

Eric, one thing I noticed is you have chosen AMSDM7 512+fs and in DSD 512 playback. How do you like it compared to say using DSD256 with 7ECV2?

You had inspired me to give DSD512 a try and I started playing a remastered version of Led Zeppelin II and noted the sound is cleaner but "softer", lacking of attack a bit compared to DSD256, not sure if that's the right description of what I heard.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, dericchan1 said:

Thanks for the trick above Eric, yes essentially I can use Moode for library management, add songs to play list, then press pause then switch to HQP NAA mode and play the songs with hqplayer. Then I can switch back to moode if say I want to use moode for internet radio......

Eric, one thing I noticed is you have chosen AMSDM7 512+fs and in DSD 512 playback. How do you like it compared to say using DSD256 with 7ECV2?

You had inspired me to give DSD512 a try and I started playing a remastered version of Led Zeppelin II and noted the sound is cleaner but "softer", lacking of attack a bit compared to DSD256, not sure if that's the right description of what I heard.

Ha ha! Deric!

I haven't heard DSD256 of 7ECV2, my HQPe engine is playing with INTEL J5105 miniPC, I am waiting for NUC or miniPC like 13900K or AMD ZEN4 to come out and can play DSD 1024 of 7ECV2 directly without GUDA!

Ericcatz

On 9/6/2022 at 3:30 PM, blueninjasix said:

The latest RopieeeXL image turns Usbridge Signature into a very capable NAA for HQPlayer

Ha ha! This discussion thread is a bit crooked, and it went to the RPi NAA!

The purpose of using RPI as NAA is to make the sound quality more extreme and more pleasing to the ears!

In addition to the above, RPi can add 10M OCXO & super capacitor,

You can also use the storage media to install playback software or music files,

For example, for moOde, I use Intel Optane M10 (16GB M.2 2280) in a USB external box to boot and play.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/tw/en/ark/products/series/132776/intel-optane-memory-m10-series.html

This product has been phase out, so the price is very cheap.

But the sound quality is amazing!

All RPi software that can play as NAA, except moOde & pCP can be booted with an external USB, other playback software does not seem to have this function (including Volumio or RopieeeXL).

IMG-0572a.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, stefano_mbp said:

Are you sure RoPieee can run on a Sparky Usbridge ?

I have no knowledge of Sparky. Just the Allo Usbridge Signature referred to in my post.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, Fredc said:

Am I the only one who finds issue with 4193. On HQPLayer desktop. Windows 11. After upgrading to 4193, no sound came out when in SDM mode !! Switch back to 4192 and all is well. Did it a few times and same thing happened?

I had the same issue on my Windows 11 install. I just reset the audio through main settings and all was well. I admit I panicked at first when I had the problem but the fix turned out to be easy. Just go into settings and reset your preferred drivers. The upgrade only affected the asio driver but easily fixed. I suppose if you have a problem reinstalling your asio driver will fix it that is what I did.

On 9/6/2022 at 4:09 AM, ericcatz said:

Ha ha! This discussion thread is a bit crooked, and it went to the RPi NAA!

The purpose of using RPI as NAA is to make the sound quality more extreme and more pleasing to the ears!

In addition to the above, RPi can add 10M OCXO & super capacitor,

You can also use the storage media to install playback software or music files,

For example, for moOde, I use Intel Optane M10 (16GB M.2 2280) in a USB external box to boot and play.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/tw/en/ark/products/series/132776/intel-optane-memory-m10-series.html

This product has been phase out, so the price is very cheap.

But the sound quality is amazing!

All RPi software that can play as NAA, except moOde & pCP can be booted with an external USB, other playback software does not seem to have this function (including Volumio or RopieeeXL).

IMG-0572a.jpg

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit. Eric, I am interested to find out a bit more on the OCXO clock and super cap add on to your RPI4. Can you please refer to where you bought these?

thanks

Deric

On 9/6/2022 at 9:09 PM, dericchan1 said:

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit. Eric, I am interested to find out a bit more on the OCXO clock and super cap add on to your RPI4. Can you please refer to where you bought these?

thanks

Deric

It seems a little difficult to provide the purchase link of OCXO clock and super capacitor; because I bought it on Taobao.com, which is in the country, I wonder if you can open the webpage?

However, I can provide screenshots of the webpage in the attachment.

1. Built-in OCXO clock accessories

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=650821434968

2. External OCXO clock accessories

clock board

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-22434018432.15.2a0c1c00jS2nlp&id=581436565642&mt=

clock crystal

https://www.digikey.tw/en/products/detail/taitien/NA-10M-2503/6126536

NA-10M-2503

3. Super capacitor filter board

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=642864422111

树莓派HIFI电源滤波法拉电容

內接式時鐘 02.jpg

內接式時鐘 03.jpg

外接時鐘板 01.jpg

super cap 04.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, ericcatz said:

It seems a little difficult to provide the purchase link of OCXO clock and super capacitor; because I bought it on Taobao.com, which is in the country, I wonder if you can open the webpage?

However, I can provide screenshots of the webpage in the attachment.

1. Built-in OCXO clock accessories

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=650821434968

2. External OCXO clock accessories

clock board

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-22434018432.15.2a0c1c00jS2nlp&id=581436565642&mt=

clock crystal

https://www.digikey.tw/en/products/detail/taitien/NA-10M-2503/6126536

NA-10M-2503

3. Super capacitor filter board

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=642864422111

树莓派HIFI电源滤波法拉电容

內接式時鐘 02.jpg

內接式時鐘 03.jpg

外接時鐘板 01.jpg

super cap 04.jpg

In fact, I DIY one set of internal clock system and one set of external clock system. The advantage of external clock is that I can replace the clock with better performance at any time.

IMG-0368a.jpg

IMG-0388a.jpg

On 9/5/2019 at 7:09 AM, Miska said:

There's now new build with some small extra tunings and support for SMT/HyperThreading (homeless extra threads are placed there now). You can also now disable core allocations by setting environment variable HQPLAYER_COREPINNING to value "0" before starting HQPlayer.

@Miska  I found reference to this environment variable and also HQPLAYER_RESERVED_CORES….. Setting HQPLAYER_COREPINNING=0 and using core pinning in Linux doesn’t work even though the load is distributed across more cores.

I can’t seem to find any documentation on these and Not really sure how  HQPLAYER_RESERVED_CORES works, but reading the thread seems to indicate that it is reserving 2 cores for lower priority processes (not sure)…. 

are there any other environment variables that we can use to increase the number of cores being pinned by hqp?

On 9/6/2022 at 8:53 AM, ericcatz said:

If you use RPi4, why not use NAA OS instead?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 9/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, MJ1409 said:

@Miska  I found reference to this environment variable and also HQPLAYER_RESERVED_CORES….. Setting HQPLAYER_COREPINNING=0 and using core pinning in Linux doesn’t work even though the load is distributed across more cores.

Yeah, it is bad idea to mess with these.

I can’t seem to find any documentation on these and Not really sure how  HQPLAYER_RESERVED_CORES works, but reading the thread seems to indicate that it is reserving 2 cores for lower priority processes (not sure)…. 

It is a bit mask of processors you want HQPlayer to leave alone.

There is no more such reserving 2 cores thing.

are there any other environment variables that we can use to increase the number of cores being pinned by hqp?

No, all cores that seem fit are already used. You can only ask HQPlayer to use less processors. And let's be careful not to mix virtual processors with physical cores.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, Chodi said:

I had the same issue on my Windows 11 install. I just reset the audio through main settings and all was well. I admit I panicked at first when I had the problem but the fix turned out to be easy. Just go into settings and reset your preferred drivers. The upgrade only affected the asio driver but easily fixed. I suppose if you have a problem reinstalling your asio driver will fix it that is what I did.

Thanks for your input. I was going to skip 1493 but decided to on one more try. Reinstalling the ASIO driver doesn't work for me. But I did play around with the settings and found a combination that works (I'm on 11900). Previously on 1492, I had 48/512, 48K DSD unchecked (7EV2, sinc-LI, multi dsp fully checked and rate adapt on grey). With SDM mode, no sound came out on 1493. But if I check 48KDSD, then there is sound. However on that setting, playing dsf files produce very ugly output. I then played around more and set output rate to 44.1x512. Then all is well. I like to ask Miska what is the difference between 44.1x512 and 48x512.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

If you use RPi4, why not use NAA OS instead?

As long as you have used two different RPi versions of HQPlayer NAA before and after, you will know the difference between them?

1. NAA OS exists exclusively for HQPlayer, NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can exist any RPi playback software (in the form of plug-ins), and the scope of application is wider!

2. NAA OS can only be used on Pi 4; NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can break through the limitation of hardware, I have tried at least it can be used on Pi 3B+ (I have not tried other RPi hardware, I am not sure )

3. NAA OS can only be played on microSD, NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can be played on external USB media.

There may be other differences that I haven't thought of yet.

Ericcatz

1 hour ago, ericcatz said:

As long as you have used two different RPi versions of HQPlayer NAA before and after, you will know the difference between them?

1. NAA OS exists exclusively for HQPlayer, NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can exist any RPi playback software (in the form of plug-ins), and the scope of application is wider!

2. NAA OS can only be used on Pi 4; NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can break through the limitation of hardware, I have tried at least it can be used on Pi 3B+ (I have not tried other RPi hardware, I am not sure )

3. NAA OS can only be played on microSD, NAA image 4.1.1.46-armed.deb can be played on external USB media.

There may be other differences that I haven't thought of yet.

Ericcatz

Just so you're aware, you are talking to the developer of HQPlayer and the NAA software...

No electron left behind.

11 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Just so you're aware, you are talking to the developer of HQPlayer and the NAA software...

I guess I can see the benefit of toggling between moode audio and Hqplayer NAA being I don’t have to swap sd card when I want to listen to internet radio with moode. Sometimes I like to play some jazz station through the night.

there is no way I could go back to moode audio for critical listening sessions tho