IGNORED

HQ Player

4 hours ago, Spacecase said:

Can NAA be made to release the DAC after a timeout?  This would make switching between squeezebox, airplay, and hqplayer easier / better.  Currently I have to switch HQPlayer to ALSA mode so it disconnects from NAA. 

It is released when you close HQPlayer.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

I still get dropouts with Qobuz i meant to say.

And with same settings with same source format from local files too?

With and without freewheel?

Main improvements are:

• When next URI is starting to prefetch, avoid dropout in case HTTPS crypto setup takes longer than expected
  • Work around cases where track is cut short because CDN server drops the connection while streaming

8 minutes ago, musicjunkie917 said:

How do I enable "Freewheel" when using HQPlayer Desktop (M1 Mac mini) with Roon? I looked in the manual and the only place it mentioned "Freewheel" is in relation to the HQPlayer Client.

You cannot. It is not relevant for Roon - HQPlayer connection. These things only apply when you are using HQPlayer to stream from streaming services. You can control it from HQPlayer Client for the streams controlled by HQPlayer Client.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Main improvements are:

• When next URI is starting to prefetch, avoid dropout in case HTTPS crypto setup takes longer than expected
  • Work around cases where track is cut short because CDN server drops the connection while streaming

Jussi, listening right now to 88.2/24 material from Qobuz on 19.3 Desktop and Client running together on Mini M1 with Freewheel and Prefetch both enabled with no problems. Will test my Jammy setup later today.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Main improvements are:

I use prefetch and flywheel

3 hours ago, bobflood said:

Jussi, listening right now to 88.2/24 material from Qobuz on 19.3 Desktop and Client running together on Mini M1 with Freewheel and Prefetch both enabled with no problems. Will test my Jammy setup later today.

As a follow-up, I tested my Jammy system. HQP Client on Jammy laptop, HQPJammy Desktop on i5 8400 machine with Freewheel and Prefetch both enabled. Played an entire album from Qobuz without issue. On this setup I had been getting frequent drops where the music would stop and the Client would disconnect. I would also get a soft mute when prefetch was getting the next track but that is gone as well. I will report back if I get any problems down the road.

Thanks Jussi

On 4/9/2022 at 6:21 PM, Quadman said:

I think Aerosmith wrote a song about that........Dream on.   Even a intel 12900K with a 3080 GPU can only do a few filters at DSD1024 with EC modulators and I don't think 1024 w EC7v2 is possible with that. 

6 moths later... stable 7ECv2 at 1024 with 12900K and no GPU :

Sep 1 2022  HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.19.3 released.
Streaming improvements, especially for Qobuz. Freewheel mode is now default on new installations. Bug fixes and component updates.

@Miska Are there any new features in Qobuz?

Are there any plans to be able to mark and unmark albums as favorites in the Qobuz HQPclient?

I had issues with 4.19.2 but 4.19.3 is working perfercty. Thanks @Miska.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

4 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:
Sep 1 2022  HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.19.3 released.
Streaming improvements, especially for Qobuz. Freewheel mode is now default on new installations. Bug fixes and component updates.

@Miska Are there any new features in Qobuz?

Are there any plans to be able to mark and unmark albums as favorites in the Qobuz HQPclient?

Yes, on my TODO-list. But I will do any Qobuz feature updates in a bigger batch due to logistic reasons.

3 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

@Miska

hi Miska, with the Aqua La Scala being a R2R NOS dac, can you please advise the best bit depth to use? The website suggest it supports pcm via usb upto 24/384. 

but I thought you had mentioned before for R2R nos dac the best bit depth would be something like 20bit rather than 24?

I don't have measurement data for it, so I cannot suggest a bit depth choice for it. But running it at 352.8/384k should be optimal.

6 hours ago, IgorSki said:

6 moths later... stable 7ECv2 at 1024 with 12900K and no GPU :

I read your post this mourning, very impressive!!, and I agree 1024 is where the magic happens (me with no EC you with EC).  MSI MB"s must have an easy adjustment for ring voltage, the Asus board I have and the one I built for my buddy has no easy Ring voltage adjustment that I could find, and my trials brought no joy.  My next board when I move to a 12900K or 13900K will be MSI.  Your voltages are sure pushing it, I would be leery running over 1.4V all the time.  Nice cooler, I use an artic freezer 280AIO, which also replaced an noctura air cooler and it handles cooling just fine.  Excellent and kudo's to you for getting it to happen with NO GPU.

17 hours ago, Miska said:

I don't have measurement data for it, so I cannot suggest a bit depth choice for it. But running it at 352.8/384k should be optimal.

@Miska

so I had a gathering at my buddy’s place. He invited another friend as well. We compared my hqplayer desktop to a Raspberry pi 4b NAA, usb to intona to his Aqua La Scala MKii dac  against the Aqua LinQ as a standalone streamer. No streaming services were used. All listening were done with my buddy’s favorite and familiar local playlist.

Our findings in this uphill battle between a $100 rpi vs $10,000 Aqua LinQ

1) all three of us were convinced the hqplayer set up @pcm 24/384 gauss1 dither, with poly sinc xtr short mp sounded better than the LinQ at default settings

2) as good as the Aqua La Scala dac and has built-in usb galvanic isolation, inserting the intona in the set up still yielded subtle but noticeable improvements to the noise floor.

3) Aqua La Scala supports up to dsd128 and sounded inferior to pcm 24/384 using the same digital filters

4) both of my buddies were convinced to purchase full hqplayer license after the session. In particular my buddy who owns the La Scala dac is super happy to return the LinQ to the dealer and managed to save himself $10k CAD

obviously this is just us - three sets of ears, subjective impressions so my buddy can decide whether to purchase the LinQ. 

cheers

Deric

2 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

@Miska

so I had a gathering at my buddy’s place. He invited another friend as well. We compared my hqplayer desktop to a Raspberry pi 4b NAA, usb to intona to his Aqua La Scala MKii dac  against the Aqua LinQ as a standalone streamer. No streaming services were used. All listening were done with my buddy’s favorite and familiar local playlist.

Our findings in this uphill battle between a $100 rpi vs $10,000 Aqua LinQ

1) all three of us were convinced the hqplayer set up @pcm 24/384 gauss1 dither, with poly sinc xtr short mp sounded better than the LinQ at default settings

2) as good as the Aqua La Scala dac and has built-in usb galvanic isolation, inserting the intona in the set up still yielded subtle but noticeable improvements to the noise floor.

3) Aqua La Scala supports up to dsd128 and sounded inferior to pcm 24/384 using the same digital filters

4) both of my buddies were convinced to purchase full hqplayer license after the session. In particular my buddy who owns the La Scala dac is super happy to return the LinQ to the dealer and managed to save himself $10k CAD

obviously this is just us - three sets of ears, subjective impressions so my buddy can decide whether to purchase the LinQ. 

cheers

Deric

What connection between the LinQ and the La Scala was your friend using?

No electron left behind.