The Trinity Session Cowboy Junkies

MI0004125276.jpg

Believe the hype. Holy cow! :)

I am probably the only one, but even though the sound quality is fine, for me the breathiness of Margo Timmins' voice gets tiresome after a while.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Trinity Sessions Revisited is one giant step above this recording. DVD. I think you can buy the 24-48 file. True reference.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I am probably the only one, but even though the sound quality is fine, for me the breathiness of Margo Timmins' voice gets tiresome after a while.

Ouch :) I'm serious thinking about going to see them live later this month.

Trinity Sessions Revisited is one giant step above this recording. DVD. I think you can buy the 24-48 file. True reference.

Umm... Note the red lettering. It's the 2016 remaster.

Ouch :) I'm serious thinking about going to see them live later this month.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of them. Like I said, I'm probably the only one. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of them. Like I said, I'm probably the only one. :)

I've heard their style of music called "melancholic country blues".

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Yep. To say 'the one and only' about M. Eicher and ECM would be absolutely justified. I must say that 10-15 years ago I used to find 80% of the stuff issued by ECM boring, now I find 80% of it fascinating..

BTW - worth seeing IMO:

sounds-and-silence.jpg?w=759&h=1024

https://ecmreviews.com/2015/05/16/sounds-and-silence-travels-with-manfred-eicher/

Thanks for jogging my memory. I have almost forgotten that I have this and soon is a good time to watch again.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

sooner-and-later-b-iext48012044.jpg

I'll be getting mine on Friday along with this

Diana Krall - Turn Up The Quiet

71TBajmP-4L._SX522_.jpg

Tonight I'm finally getting to this (sort of got buried and has slipped my attention).

Rising Grace - Wolfgang Muthspiel with Brad Mehldau,

Brian Blade, Ambrose Akinmusire and Larry Grenadier

41W4dHlV4GL.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Tonight I'm finally getting to this (sort of got buried and has slipped my attention).

Rising Grace - Wolfgang Muthspiel with Brad Mehldau,

Brian Blade, Ambrose Akinmusire and Larry Grenadier

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33818[/ATTACH]

I know this one. Smooth and refined.

I'm going to play this one once again. One of the most interesting albums of 2016 and some quite fresh sounds IMHO. The names that don't need no introduction, I believe.

005340564_500.jpg

I'll be getting mine on Friday along with this

Diana Krall - Turn Up The Quiet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33817[/ATTACH]

My error, the Krall album "Turn Up The Quiet" won't be released until May 5th.

For our early music crowd, this just caught my attention.

Latest work of Stile Antico

Divine Theatre - Sacred Motets by Giaches de Wert

(SACD or DSD download)

81dHDpjwoSL._SL1000_.jpg

From their site...

"Best known as a madrigalist, Wert is often cited as as a major influence on Monteverdi, but his religious works have until now received little attention. In this rich selection of motets, his skill as a composer of sacred music is established beyond doubt."

This one is good. If you happen to be a fan of the band, this album probably gets them at some of their best moments. As good as anything else they have done for sure.

I am a big fan of Elbow and know about their previous as brilliant albums! [emoji4]

Here is a another tip for you https://tidal.com/album/70814562

It is Thomas Dybdahl's latest album which I am enjoying right now on my to work. I hope you like it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

🎛️  Audio System  

Cover_Leggera.jpg

The latest effort by this wonderful duo. Actually one of their best. Music and recording quality at the top. Highly recommended!

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

One might argue that "Capriccio Espagnol," "Pictures at an Exhibition" and " The Firebird Suite Round Dance of the Princesses" do not belong on the guitar, but Caballero certainly makes a convincing case. Staggering playing and very good sound.51aFLQTIq0L.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

71QYPfA0eyL._SL500_.jpg

​I started with No.3 on this new release. Predictably, she's volatile and dramatic, but also plays some ravishing pianissimos. The outer movements are a bit faster than I'm used to, but they work for me. Good sound; however, the tympani and bass drum are a bit feeble.

I see that posting the text after the image works better!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

71QYPfA0eyL._SL500_.jpg

​I started with No.3 on this new release. Predictably, she's volatile and dramatic, but also plays some ravishing pianissimos. The outer movements are a bit faster than I'm used to, but they work for me. Good sound; however, the tympani and bass drum are a bit feeble.

I see that posting the text after the image works better!

Interesting. I recently tried out Vanessa Benelli Mosell's recording of the two masterpieces, and while not Horowitz, it was better than what I expected.

Need to try out Katia's new recording soon.

in the meantime, streaming here:

0002894796827_600.jpg

Cover_Leggera.jpg

The latest effort by this wonderful duo. Actually one of their best. Music and recording quality at the top. Highly recommended!

Thanks for his, I've enjoyed their earlier work. This seems to be an early and somewhat limited release here at this time. I love the cover art.

One might argue that "Capriccio Espagnol," "Pictures at an Exhibition" and " The Firebird Suite Round Dance of the Princesses" do not belong on the guitar, but Caballero certainly makes a convincing case. Staggering playing and very good sound.51aFLQTIq0L.jpg

If that doesn't stretch your sense of what a guitarist should attempt, there is the Dvorâk Symphony No. 9, Op.95 "From the New World".

418XblhH9CL.jpg

Just returned from a Telemann concert (250 years since his death). I'll end the evening's tribute with this...

Telemann: Tafelmusik I-III (complete) Disc I

harmoniamundihmc90204245.jpg

and Telemann: Concertos for 2 Flutes

4006408102847.jpg