Symphony No.1. This is a hi-res download--24bit/192khz, the same as used for the master tape, so presumably there has been no degradation. Regardless, it sounds great and is very well performed.

4260306180943_600.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

I finished listening to this. Wow, the Mantovani (Bruno, not the Mantovani who wrote light music!!) is very intense; so is the Dusapin. Both are very well played and recorded. All three are live recordings of the premiere, so there's a little audience noise, but it's not too intrusive.

71XSQSAvErL._SL500_.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

In celebration of Handel's birth and life

Handel: Organ Concertos - The English Concert with Simon Preston

R-4677436-1371936108-1799.png.jpg

Handel: Concerti Grossi Op.3 - Karl Richter with Muenchner Bach Orchester

4532492.jpg

Handel: Concerti Grossi Op.6 - Avison Ensemble with Pavlo Beznosiuk

MI0002960946.jpg

Not a special endorsement of these recordings, just what I have on hand. I'm sure there is much that is more recent and worthy of attention.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Alighted on baroque trumpet recently - I would love to get some further recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Maurice Andre with Academy of St. Martin in the Fields - Baroque Trumpet Concertos

Wynton Marsalis - Classic Wynton

Alison Balsom - Haydn & Handel: Trumpet Concertos

Alison Balsom - Sound the Trumpet

All very well performed and good sound :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Maurice Andre with Academy of St. Martin in the Fields - Baroque Trumpet Concertos

Wynton Marsalis - Classic Wynton

Alison Balsom - Haydn & Handel: Trumpet Concertos

Alison Balsom - Sound the Trumpet

All very well performed and good sound :)

Excellent suggestions all to which I would add Tine Thing Helseth, a gifted and lovely Norwegian trumpeter.

Your question led me to this site with several artists of this generation of which I was unaware.

My Top Ten List of Classical Trumpet Soloists Living Today | Trumpet Journey

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

I downloaded this new release from ProStudioMasters (24 bit/96khz) today--sublime! This is an essential recording for all Rachmaninov fans.

71uJ-w1eVML._SL500_.jpg

Excellent suggestions all to which I would add Tine Thing Helseth, a gifted and lovely Norwegian trumpeter.

Your question led me to this site with several artists of this generation of which I was unaware.

My Top Ten List of Classical Trumpet Soloists Living Today | Trumpet Journey

Interesting. I was just thinking the other day that I'm not aware of any contemporary trumpet player beyond Alison Balsom.

And honestly, as good as the playing of Maurice André was, I simply cannot listen to non-HIP baroque any more. Need to explore these alternatives.

Interesting. I was just thinking the other day that I'm not aware of any contemporary trumpet player beyond Alison Balsom.

And honestly, as good as the playing of Maurice André was, I simply cannot listen to non-HIP baroque any more. Need to explore these alternatives.

Same here, after I thought of the old standard André, Balsom, Helseth and with lesser classical (though popular) chops Wynton Marsalis, I kind drew a blank myself. New artists to discover...

Rhiannon Giddens, 'Freedom Highway'. Powerful mixture of folk and blues, beautifully executed.

1482364392rhiannon1_wide-ef3b41181bffed6dac069d27f81bb64293177c64-s600-c85.jpg

I share your enthusiasm for 'Freedom Highway' but this new release left me less enthused. I try to avoid expectations and don't wish to box an artist into an creative corral but this was not the direction I had hoped she would take...

"Windy City" - Alison Krauss

91ZUqPveooL._SL1500_.jpg

On first impression, I find she's shifted from her her bluegrass roots and now sounds more "country" than I had been anticipating. Recording and musicianship are stellar, just a bit out of my "comfort zone".

Same here, after I thought of the old standard André, Balsom, Helseth and with lesser classical (though popular) chops Wynton Marsalis, I kind drew a blank myself. New artists to discover...

This got me intrigued, so I opened up a separate thread. This repertoire seems to be very niched, it's hard to find any releases after 2000.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/baroque-trumpet-recommendations-31764/#post639624

81WSSaU2lLL._SL1425-225x225.jpg

Not baroque, but an impressive trumpet performance by Jason Bergman.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein