51nuPTQnjVL._SS500.jpg

Downloaded a free hi-res version of the Fantasy Op. 49. Great playing and sound. I may have to get the entire recording!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

I agree about Sudbin, especially the Beethoven.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Guitarist Jorge Caballero plays his transcriptions of Bach's Cello Suites No.2, 4, and 6. Masterful playing and great sound.

21PBTTYrAmL.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

Chants, Hymns And Dances - Vassilis Tsabropoulos & Anja Lechner

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34004[/ATTACH]

A great album too!

As far as Gurdjieff's music is concerned one of the most obvious choices would be:

MI0003252547.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

But I'll choose this very simple and understated performance, that BTW is probably closer to how Gurdieff himself imagined his music being played. Well recorded 6 CD box, unfortunately probably not available in hi res version.

04656_G_452.jpg

I love the way this thread leads me to new music and helps me rediscover music in my collection that has slipped off the radar.

Me too. I love discovering new music due to fellow members' posts even more (that's how I discovered Hadouk Trio for example).

Carmina Burana -Thielemann.

Always touches me. Any particular performance you guys would recommend? Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Their recording of the Rachmaninoff "All Night Vigil" (Vespers) also is superb. (Ondine label 2011)

Thanks again. I own and like the Paul Hillier/Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir version on Harmonia Mundi (in 24/96), but I was really impressed after listening to this on Tidal and finding the 24/96 version on sale at eClassical ( http://http://www.eclassical.com/rachmaninov-sergey-1/rachmaninov-all-night-vigil.html)

Rachmaninov: All-Night Vigil

Latvian Radio Choir / Sigvards Klava

4755652-origpic-b08251.jpg

It's a gorgeous composition, imho.

Carmina Burana -Thielemann.

Always touches me. Any particular performance you guys would recommend? Thx.

It's been a while since I addressed this topic and there are many here more knowledgeable than I. Haven't updated my Carmina collection in a decade ot more. Many consider the Thielemann to be in the top pier.

A thread on Head-fi posed this question.

Recommend me a high quality recording of Carmina Burana

and on the Classical Music Guide

Orff: Carmina Burana recorded renditions - The Classical Music Guide Forums

Not especially studied choices but I have Rattle with Berlin Philharmonic, Muti with Philharmonia and Previn with London Symphony.

Others will inform the both of us...

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

R-8420672-1461263302-2661.jpeg.jpgGuitarist Kazuhito Yamashita plays two insanely difficult concertos written for him by Takashi Yamatsu and Teruyuki Noda.

It's almost that time of the year and Spring is almost upon us. I'm looking for another "Le Sacre du Printemp". Presently I have but these...

Igor Stravinsky, Columbia Symphony Orchestra (1960)

stravinsky_20fr_original.jpg

Valery Gergiev, Kirov Orchestra (1999)

610sgeXuPgL._SL1200_.jpg

Sir Simon Rattle, City of Birmingham Symphony (1989)

612K889VkNL.jpg

Again, not especially studied were these choices, but what could I add to my library?

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.