27 minutes ago, Guidof said:

The_Wes_Montgomery_Trio-The_Wes_Montgomery_Trio-A_.jpg.8f2aec285e364e8db573f765e0aff7e5.jpg

The Wes Montgomery Trio. Fine sound from a 16/44.1 Qobuz download.

This isn't one I have and nice to hear that it sounds good. Sadly so much music from this era sounds horrid. I know there are a lot of variables and some great audio from the late '50s can still be enjoyed fully.

The other day when I learned of Chuck Berry's death, I put together a playlist of a dozen some tracks. While I enjoyed the nostalgia of hearing music I grew up with and a few songs our garage band had played, I couldn;t finish the set - the sound was awful.

Baroque Music for Trombone & Organ

Branimir Slokar & Heinrich Gurtner

600x600.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

2 hours ago, BacHolz said:

New studio quality (24 bit) releases on sale at eClassical

Beethoven: Piano Concertos Nos 1 & 2

Yevgeny Sudbin and Osmo Vänskä

5001101-origpic-ba687a.jpg_0_0_100_100_1

Pergolesi: Stabat Mater - Bach: Cantatas BWV 54 & 170

David Bates and La Nuova Musica

5002162-origpic-615718.png_0_0_100_100_1

I received the email from eclassical about the Sudbin today. Is it as good as the 4&5?

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I received the email from eclassical about the Sudbin today. Is it as good as the 4&5?

Someone more informed than I will have to help here.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

6 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Just bought it and having a first listen. This one is offered at 24/96, while the 4/5 is at 24/44.1. How do they compare?

First off - it has that gorgeous BIS sound. As for virtuousity - I have no classical training nor am I an expert. I just know what I like. And I like Sudbin!

Overall, I'd have to say the 4/5 was truly magical, a level that this 1/2 approaches but doesn't quite achieve. Perhaps the difference is the ensemble (Minnesota O vs Tapiola Sinfonietta) and/or venue.

All that said, this 1/2 clearly surpasses anything else in my collection. 

So - highly recommended, even if not quite at the very high level of the 4/5.

Hope that helps.

47 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Just bought it and having a first listen. This one is offered at 24/96, while the 4/5 is at 24/44.1. How do they compare?

First off - it has that gorgeous BIS sound. As for virtuousity - I have no classical training nor am I an expert. I just know what I like. And I like Sudbin!

Overall, I'd have to say the 4/5 was truly magical, a level that this 1/2 approaches but doesn't quite achieve. Perhaps the difference is the ensemble (Minnesota O vs Tapiola Sinfonietta) and/or venue.

All that said, this 1/2 clearly surpasses anything else in my collection. 

So - highly recommended, even if not quite at the very high level of the 4/5.

Hope that helps.

1 and 2 also do not compare in quality of composition to 4 and 5!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

17 minutes ago, austinpop said:

There's that, true.

I'm listening to it for the first time as I write. Sound is very good; performance seems to be, too. I'm not an expert on classical performance. 

Definitely worth the sale price at eClassical.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I posted this earlier in a separate post, but worth featuring here, too.  

Just finished it - fantastic, and deeply moving for Lent, whether you're a believer or not.

0190295854027_600.jpg

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Bought a load of great music I'm happily listening to lately:

Tinariwen - Elwan (modern Arabic)

Son Volt - Notes of Blue (alternative country)

Well Respected Kinks (best of)

Dave Matthews - Under the Table and Dreaming

Rhiannon Giddens - Freedom Highway (formerly of Carolina Chocolate Drops - Americana/soul/gospel)

Jesca Hoop - Memories Are Now (fine vocals and songwriting, a little reminiscent of Kate Bush but I like Hoop better)

Pete Townshend, Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix (benefit album to raise money for Lane, who was suffering from multiple sclerosis; full of tremendous songs, a real old favorite)

O'Connor Band - Coming Home (Grammy award-winning bluegrass; Mark O'Connor has been one of the more amazing fiddle players going for decades)

Monkey House - Left (if you like Royal Scam-era Steely Dan...)

Omar Sosa, Seckou Keita - Transparent Water (modern African, jazz I suppose)

Tinariwen_Elwan.jpg

Notes of Blue.jpg

R-926051-1305105178.jpeg.jpg

Under the Table and Dreaming.jpg

Freedom Highway.jpg

Memories are Now.jpg

Pete Townshend - Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix.jpg

Coming Home.jpg

Left.jpg

omar sosa transparent.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.