30 minutes ago, elcorso said:

Love Ginastera works and specially this one, thanks for the link !

Had problems under Mac / Sierra downloading it with the Chandos-Manager. Then I had to download track by track.

Roch

I'm glad I resisted upgrading, then.

1 hour ago, elcorso said:

Love Ginastera works and specially this one, thanks for the link !

Had problems under Mac / Sierra downloading it with the Chandos-Manager. Then I had to download track by track.

Roch

Their download manager is strange. You have to click to download all the tracks on the site web page, and the tell the page to open the manager.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Theme of Secrets by Eddie Jobson.  Jobson created this album using only a Synclavier in 1985.  Jobson replaced Brian Eno in Roxy Music, created the band U.K. which had John Wetton, Bill Bruford, Allan Holdsworth and Terry Bozio as members at various points.

When I moved to California from New York I took some friends to see Jethro Tull at the Oakland Colosium, with U.K. as the warm-up band.  I warned my friends (who never heard of U.K) that while I loved Jethro Tull, I thought U.K. was even better.

Half-way into the show my friends were stunned watching Eddie Jobson do an incredible solo on his transparent electric violin.  Love Ian Anderson and company, but really felt they should have chosen a less talented warm-up act that night.

theme of secrets.jpg

Brahms Symphony No.3 by NDR & Wand... Which one's your preferred interpretation?

51lJfdO3xvL.jpg

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Continuing to explore some little seen corners of classical and crossover.  Very unfocused listen here before loading my second album.  :)

8191Ki5BS8L._SL1500_.jpg

So far as Mr. Green's web presence is concerned all I was able to dig up was his obituary that made small mention of his sole recording, "Harlan Green In His Field".  If you are interested in more than a 150x150 picture of the album.  I encourage you to follow the link.  

harlanCD.jpg

Thankfully the included booklet shed a little more light on the man, his piano accompanist, and the recording itself.  Which took place at King's College using a Yamaha grand piano formerly belonging to Glenn Gould and a Yamaha flute on loan from the Julius Baker, Principal flute of the New York Philharmonic.  The dedication is to his sister who taught him music at a young age and the good folks at Yamaha Corporation who made this CD possible.

6 hours ago, semente said:

Brahms Symphony No.3 by NDR & Wand... Which one's your preferred interpretation?

51lJfdO3xvL.jpg

For couple of recent months I am thoroughly enjoying the very last DG recordings of all four symphonies from Karajan. In comparison with earlier (and more accessible) Karajan's DG recordings, biggest improvement is with first, but the others are mesmerizing as well. 

31 minutes ago, Guidof said:

cover.thumb.jpg.105d905a94f7f959f578a04a3adb672a.jpg

Brahms: Double Concerto. Janos Starker, cello; Wolfgang Schneiderhan, violin; Ferenc Fricsay conducts the Radio-Symphonie-Orchester Berlin.

The vintage sound, from a 24/96 HD Tape Transfers download, is occasionally a bit shrill, but the performance is stellar.

Never heard of this performance. The double concerto isn’t on par with Brahms best works but just because of Starker I really need to check this out.