Beyoncé, Cowboy Carter. What an amazing talent. If you can sit through Texas Hold ‘Em without wanting to dance, my sympathies. 😉

IMG_0749.png

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

It was 10:30pm, I was listening to the new Beyoncé album from Qobuz.

my 3 and 6 year old kids both came down to the basement and said they wanted sleep with daddy in the basement and listened to music together.

So no more Beyoncé, Rancid and Avenged Sevenfold. Cranked down the volume and played their favorite bedtime album - Diana Panton - A cheerful little earth in 2xhdd dsd 128 master. Sat in the middle and the two kids on each side of my laps.

They fell asleep within about half an hour and I carried them to their rooms. I really treasured this moment and was thrilled that they do enjoy listening to music with me… well until they don’t I guess!!!

Attachments: 
IMG_9119.jpeg

Very cool, and heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing. 

JC

9 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

It was 10:30pm, I was listening to the new Beyoncé album from Qobuz.

my 3 and 6 year old kids both came down to the basement and said they wanted sleep with daddy in the basement and listened to music together.

So no more Beyoncé, Rancid and Avenged Sevenfold. Cranked down the volume and played their favorite bedtime album - Diana Panton - A cheerful little earth in 2xhdd dsd 128 master. Sat in the middle and the two kids on each side of my laps.

They fell asleep within about half an hour and I carried them to their rooms. I really treasured this moment and was thrilled that they do enjoy listening to music with me… well until they don’t I guess!!!

Attachments: 
IMG_9119.jpeg

Best ever. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Wayfaring Strangers: Cosmic American Music (Various Artists)

cover.thumb.jpg.515cdbf84f8c1afc7efcd8d131d97593.jpg

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

New Jose James, released today.

Screenshot_20240405_102314_JRemote2.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Another new jazz release on Bandcamp...

Screenshot_20240405_110150_JRemote2.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC