IGNORED

High End Munich 2023

… and what is/was your impression of the V-shape BM Line-60 speakers?

Best Regards, Raimund

Living Room

Apple Mac mini Mid 2011 (MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, 64 GB OWC SSD, 16 GB OWC RAM, iTunes 12.9, Pure Music 3.09c) -> artistic fidelity USB cable -> artistic fidelity External USB-Module -> 3 Fibre Optical Cables -> artistic fidelity afis / arfi-psu -> artistic fidelity RJ45 cable -> artistic fidelity arfi-dac2 / arfi-psu -> artistic fidelity XLR-to-BNC cable -> Bakoon HPA-21 Headamp + Sennheiser HD 800

Home Office

Apple Mac mini End 2018 (MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, 128 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, Audirvana 3.5.19) -> artistic fidelity USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital / Pro-Ject Accu Box S2 USB PSU -> Abacus C-Box 2 Active Speakers

A few thoughts walking round this morning.

The DCS room with their Apex referance setup, is setting the standard for digital without signs of [any] digital aberration.

The Living Voice room with its analogue front end and Living Voice speakers are knocking it out of the park on musicality, a high dwell time in there again for the second year.

The Actual HiFi room using Avalon's top of the line speakers - Dynamics on scale that is extreamly hard to credit coming from a hifi system and where did the speakers go sound staging. Just give the room a go, wow !

ESD Acustic room [or is it a whole annex] TOP marks for the biggest hifi horns and electronics system ever [?] at the show. Sounds good too. Every person in there has a smile on their face.

Just a great

vibe and buzz walking the show this year.

Screenshot_20230518_154856_Gallery.jpg

OAudio Ltd.

OAudio Supreme - music server.

OAudio RealStream - digital audio components.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, fds said:

Welcome to Munich! ... and in case anyone of you would like to compare your fresh high end experiences to the real thing, do not miss to visit one of the concerts of the Symphony Orchestra of the Bavarian Radio Station (BRSO) in which Daniel Harding will conduct Mahlers 7th symphony. The orchestra is absolutely amazing, clearly one of the best worldwide,  ... and particularly great when Daniel Harding is conducting ... a true sonic magician. Here is the link:

https://www.brso.de/en/concerts/daniel-harding/

I hope folks attending HE Munich find the time to attend this concert. Every time I have gone to HE Munich, I've attended a concert(or two) at the original Gasteig. I am very curious to hear how the brand new isarphilharmonie concert hall sounds. It looks fascinating.

https://www.gasteig.de/en/rooms/isarphilharmonie/

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The wireless environment is a little hostile for those trying to stream via WiFi. 

IMG_8248.png

IMG_8249.png

IMG_8250.png

Just think what a parent with a wifi jammer in their bag could do there. I know parents that have one.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

8 hours ago, DuckToller said:

If you get the chance to listen to JERN speaker from Denmark, let us know what you think 🤔 about their resonance free iron cast concept. Afaik - they even have a PuRiFi fitted model.

Screenshot_20230518_115549_Google.jpg

There was a company in Michigan that did the same thing. The speakers were really nice but audio wasn't en vogue yet.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

I can imagine, Chris.

Rockport's enclosure technology is state-of-the-art and probably unique in the whole industry. A stiff, resonance free housing is one of the most important ingredients and pre-requisites for convincing sound, not the only one but nothing without it.

Please keep your impressions from this year's HIGH END coming.

BR,

Raimund

Best Regards, Raimund

Living Room

Apple Mac mini Mid 2011 (MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, 64 GB OWC SSD, 16 GB OWC RAM, iTunes 12.9, Pure Music 3.09c) -> artistic fidelity USB cable -> artistic fidelity External USB-Module -> 3 Fibre Optical Cables -> artistic fidelity afis / arfi-psu -> artistic fidelity RJ45 cable -> artistic fidelity arfi-dac2 / arfi-psu -> artistic fidelity XLR-to-BNC cable -> Bakoon HPA-21 Headamp + Sennheiser HD 800

Home Office

Apple Mac mini End 2018 (MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, 128 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, Audirvana 3.5.19) -> artistic fidelity USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital / Pro-Ject Accu Box S2 USB PSU -> Abacus C-Box 2 Active Speakers

As a regular visitor of the HighEnd Shows, first in Düsseldorf, then Frankfurt, finally Munich for more than 30 years and uncounted dealer events, only a few demonstrations can really impress me.

Today I was for three hours at the parallel to the HighEnd Show HIFIDeluxe Show in Munich because I actually wanted to listen to the Seawave Acoustics AM 45, which I have then found good sounding but not exceptional but a few rooms further at Marco Serri Design I have had a light bulb moment. Their Gladiator speakers really impressed me. Crystal clear, large stage and spatiality and a bass that was crisp and yet powerful ultra deep down. https://www.marcoserridesign.com/copia-di-venezia-1

Real comparisons are always questionable at HiFi shows because of the usually difficult room acoustics, but still, whoever has the chance should definitely listen to them!

Tomorrow I'll be at the HighEnd Show and will continue to listen around and hope for more surprises.

McIntosh has  a Heritage style speaker out and would like to know if anyone heard them or were they even shown.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Those be the ones...

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Looking forward to another great day at the show. 

Yesterday I visited a couple rooms with great gear, but I struggled to appreciate the sound because the music was outside of anything I like. It’s also very hard to evaluate sound quality comparatively with music one has never heard. It may sound good, but compared to what? 

Anyway, I’ll make some attempts to circle back to those rooms today, and hope I can hear something I at least know and possibly enjoy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, mocenigo said:

I will be there on Saturday. And then bring some acquaintances home to show that I can match the best set ups there with a total expense of 8000€ (hint: some DIY).

Salut @mocenigo

Perhaps on Sunday, you may send some pics of the 8k set up

and elaborate (about system and impressions)?

Enjoy your Saturday!

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow! I just heard a demo that grabbed me emotionally like no other system at the show. This is easily my best of show, as of Saturday afternoon. Easily. 

IMG_8373.jpeg

I will listen to it. I am going to A4.2 now…