IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

4 hours ago, Miska said:

I'm now using two very similar devices. HA 200 + Solitaire P for one of headphone systems and DAC 200 for my main loudspeaker system. So I'm very well covered in this respect! 🙂

Wow, that's quite the current stable. And you used to(?) have a DAC8DSD too, right? 

What comments can you share on the 2/3 DACs so far? I really wondered how the HA200 might compare to the stand alone DAC200. 

7 hours ago, Ben-M said:

Wow, that's quite the current stable. And you used to(?) have a DAC8DSD too, right? 

I still have it, but it got replaced by DAC 200 on my main loudspeaker system. DAC 200 is nice improvement over the DAC8 DSD.

7 hours ago, Ben-M said:

What comments can you share on the 2/3 DACs so far? I really wondered how the HA200 might compare to the stand alone DAC200. 

I think HA 200 is the same as DAC 200, but HA 200 is optimized for it's headphone outputs while DAC 200 is optimized for the line outputs.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Miska said:

DAC 200 is nice improvement over the DAC8 DSD

Would it maybe be possible to describe the improvements a bit? Timing? 3D? Density? Tonality?

While the DAC8DSD excels with DSD512, what about the DAC200? Do you find a significant improvement with DSD1024 over DSD512 with the DAC200?

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

On 6/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, fds said:

Would it maybe be possible to describe the improvements a bit? Timing? 3D? Density? Tonality?

While the DAC8DSD excels with DSD512, what about the DAC200? Do you find a significant improvement with DSD1024 over DSD512 with the DAC200?

@Miskacould you share some of your experiences with the DAC200 compared to the DAC8DSD?

@OE333

As we have all learned here at Audiophile Style power supplies are very important for the sound quality. For my PC's feeding my DAC I have upgraded the power supplies several times. Currently using the Taiko DC-DC ATX plus Nenon v3 ULPS. Each time with a clear sound improvement. Being an owner of a T+A DAC 8 from 2013/2104 and later off a T+A DAC 8 DSD, I now wonder if an upgrade of the power supply of the T+A DAC 8 DSD is worth while and possible? On advice of Mark Coles of Sablon I have already upgrade the IEC connection and the wires to the PC board with a nice and noticable sound improvement. OE333 your advice would be appreciated. 

23 hours ago, Rovo said:

@OE333

As we have all learned here at Audiophile Style power supplies are very important for the sound quality. For my PC's feeding my DAC I have upgraded the power supplies several times. Currently using the Taiko DC-DC ATX plus Nenon v3 ULPS. Each time with a clear sound improvement. Being an owner of a T+A DAC 8 from 2013/2104 and later off a T+A DAC 8 DSD, I now wonder if an upgrade of the power supply of the T+A DAC 8 DSD is worth while and possible? On advice of Mark Coles of Sablon I have already upgrade the IEC connection and the wires to the PC board with a nice and noticable sound improvement. OE333 your advice would be appreciated. 

I'll be happy to share my thoughts about this but as your question relates to DAC8DSD maybe your post should be moved to the DAC8DSD thread before ?

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

4 minutes ago, ericuco said:

The article seems to imply that only Windows and Mac computers can be connected using USB-B connector with DSD1024 max for Windows and DSD256 max for Mac. No mention of Linux computers.

DSD sources are routed to T+A's custom 'True 1-bit DSD converter' for native delivery up to DSD1024/49MHz (via a Windows PC running an installed driver; for Mac users, the USB-B input maxes out at DSD256)

However, the manual does mention Linux.

The DAC 200 accepts digital PCM stereo signals with sampling rates of 44.1...768 kSps and digital DSD stereo signals from DSD64 to DSD1024* at this input.
* DSD512 to DSD1024 only from a Windows PC with installed driver or from a Linux PC with kernel 4.4 or higher.

My guess is the writer may have been unaware. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yes, I can confirm that DAC200 and HA200 fully support Linux based USB sources.

PCM up to 768 and native DSD up to 1024.

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

On 6/17/2022 at 12:09 AM, ericuco said:

As you know, there are LOTS of music servers and the like (e.g. Sonore Rendu's, etc.) that are Linux-based which could cause those owners to stay away from the DAC200 with this lack of information. If I were T+A, I would ask the writer for this to be corrected.

I've been using HA 200 and DAC 200 with NAA OS running on the UP Gateway and it works just fine to DSD1024.

But don't expect all NAA devices to support DSD1024. You need to pay some attention to the hardware and software.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 hours ago, Miska said:

I've been using HA 200 and DAC 200 with NAA OS running on the UP Gateway and it works just fine to DSD1024.

But don't expect all NAA devices to support DSD1024. You need to pay some attention to the hardware and software.

Miska,
What's your take on DAC 200 against the many other DACs you've used?

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

The full stack looks marvelous. I spent all last weekend listening and breaking in the system.

The  DAC 200 brings out the detail that isn’t edgy or too articulate. I found for my taste that the Bezier 1 & FIR 2 filters are the best depending on the song. I’ll post again in a month or so with a more in depth review.

A little off topic but the MP 200 completely changed for the better when I connected a good power cable to it. Instantly more detail and a lower noise floor. Just a heads up in case you get the MP like I did. 

5C48886F-40AD-488A-ABC8-5DC049703447.jpeg

B5FE1E63-51C0-4C6F-8513-BC10F1631357.jpeg

F9E12430-AE17-4131-8148-94EFFB0D369F.jpeg

1 hour ago, e.Latte said:

The full stack looks marvelous. I spent all last weekend listening and breaking in the system.

The  DAC 200 brings out the detail that isn’t edgy or too articulate. I found for my taste that the Bezier 1 & FIR 2 filters are the best depending on the song. I’ll post again in a month or so with a more in depth review.

A little off topic but the MP 200 completely changed for the better when I connected a good power cable to it. Instantly more detail and a lower noise floor. Just a heads up in case you get the MP like I did. 

5C48886F-40AD-488A-ABC8-5DC049703447.jpeg

B5FE1E63-51C0-4C6F-8513-BC10F1631357.jpeg

F9E12430-AE17-4131-8148-94EFFB0D369F.jpeg

Marvelous!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...