IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

A detailed description of all new functions and features of the new firmware V1.20 can be found in the new DAC200 User-Manual:

DAC200 V 1.20 User Manual

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

I shipped my DAC 200 off to my dealer for the firmware update.   To survive the week or so until  I get it back I picked up a Monster DAC from Walmart for $23.56.    I was actually surprised at how good it sounds for the money, but it definitely won't be replacing my DAC 200 long term! 

@OE333 

I'm helping someone out who has an SDV 3100 HV. I know this is the DAC-200 thread, but since these DACs are so similar, I hope it's OK to ask here.

1. What is the best DSD Filter to use if sending DSD256 or DSD512 to the DAC over USB? Is it DSD2?
  2. And for DSD1024, is it DSD1?
  3. What about PCM 16FS (705.6/768)? There does not seem to be NOS1/NOS2 options on this DAC, unlike the DAC-200.
  • 2 weeks later...

@OE333 Thanks for elaborating in such detail on the T+A DACs. I own the SDV 3100 HV for about two years now and it's working brilliant with HQPlayer. I am thinking about "tuning" my network a little bit. Would you recommend an audiophile switch or would you rather say that it does not really has an impact on the sound quality of the SDV 3100 HV? It is my educated guess that the SDV is engineered so properly, that such "tuning" is not necessary. Thank you. 

On 4/10/2024 at 2:15 PM, OE333 said:

@Sunny_Player

The SDV3100HV has a built-in 1Gb network switch, that isolates the internal streamer and the internal NAA from the external network. So no unnecessary IP 

With these two measures the SDV is inherently immune to disturbances from the network.

This is why I love T+A. 

What is your favorite hqplayer modulator/filter combination? I currently appreciate the combination of dsd 1024, poly sinc highres lp, and ASDM7EC super.

Hello folks - first time poster here and a potential buyer of this DAC. 

I see the HDMI Module on this DAC supports CEC for volume change using TV remote - can someone confirm if the TV also sends power-on signal on the HDMI ARC CEC so that the DAC is turned on at the same time as well?

3 hours ago, Sid said:

Hello folks - first time poster here and a potential buyer of this DAC. 

I see the HDMI Module on this DAC supports CEC for volume change using TV remote - can someone confirm if the TV also sends power-on signal on the HDMI ARC CEC so that the DAC is turned on at the same time as well?

I have the HA 200 only, but it doesn’t turn on automatically once the TV is on. 
Also the manuel isn’t stating such a feature. 

T+A MP 200, HA 200, A 200
T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

7 minutes ago, e.Latte said:

@droffen What HDMI slot are you plugged into on the DAC 200? Have you tried plugging into HDMI 3?

As Sid was talking about the TV, I assumed he was talking about the ARC connection. 

T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

5 hours ago, droffen said:

As Sid was talking about the TV, I assumed he was talking about the ARC connection. 

Yes - and thank you so much for response. Its a bummer that this is not supported, I was hoping for a consistent CEC implementation, helps to reduce remote usage :-) seems a bit wasteful to first turn the TV on and then separately DAC so that I can route TV's audio through my 2 channel setup...I guess my only solution is to use a universal remote!

On 4/19/2024 at 1:34 AM, Sid said:

Yes - and thank you so much for response. Its a bummer that this is not supported, I was hoping for a consistent CEC implementation, helps to reduce remote usage :-) seems a bit wasteful to first turn the TV on and then separately DAC so that I can route TV's audio through my 2 channel setup...I guess my only solution is to use a universal remote!

I like it the way it is implemented. Because I can decide whether I watch TV with sound via T+A or via TV itself.

T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

I have a question about the MP 200 when using with the DAC 200. I have listened for many hours using my T+A MP 200 connected directly to the DAC 200 and I have compared it to using my computer to connect to the DAC 200 to stream from services like Qobuz and Tidal. I prefer the sound of the MP 200 when it comes to streaming and use the DAC 200 with my computer when I want to listen to DSD. 

Is there an advantage to using the T+A MP 200 with the DAC 200? After many hours of listening I find myself really enjoying the sound of the MP 200. 

16 hours ago, e.Latte said:

I have a question about the MP 200 when using with the DAC 200. I have listened for many hours using my T+A MP 200 connected directly to the DAC 200 and I have compared it to using my computer to connect to the DAC 200 to stream from services like Qobuz and Tidal. I prefer the sound of the MP 200 when it comes to streaming and use the DAC 200 with my computer when I want to listen to DSD. 

Is there an advantage to using the T+A MP 200 with the DAC 200? After many hours of listening I find myself really enjoying the sound of the MP 200. 

16 hours ago, e.Latte said:

LP

Hi @e.Latte

I have the MP200 and HA200 hooked up in my bedroom at the moment. The MP200 was originally in the listening room hooked up to the DAC200, but it was replaced by the Aurender N30SA a few months ago.

The combination of the MP200 and either HA200/DAC200 (hereinafter referred to as X200), is an excellent combination for the following reasons:

1. The MP200 can seamlessly upgrade the firmware of the X200;
  2. The CD Player/Streamer combination makes the need for an external CD Player/transport a moot point
  3. If you have quite a few Digital connections (more than the X200 provides), then MP200 sports a few extras too
  4. You can power on/off both units from either by the click of a single button
  5. all digital data from the MP200 to the X200 remains in the digital domain, and helps to reduce jitter
  6. the combination looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye :D

LP

I heard the N30SA at Axpona and was impressed. 
I know it’s really hard to quantify the upgrade between the N30SA and the MP200 but could you try?

I have a DAC 200 mated with a Melco NA1ex server/streamer and looking to upgrade. 
I was thinking of the MP200 but the Aurender really impressed me. 
thanks

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

...have had the DAC 200 for two weeks now - really good work, especially in combination with the congenial HQplayer. However, it really does take a few days for the device to play in/burn in. Now I have to say that the DAC 200 has reconciled me with all the digital stuff, it's fun.
Two questions for OE333:
- what possessed the T+A people to develop the MP200 without internet radio, or have I missed something? Unfortunately, without internet radio the device makes no sense to me. Is an upgrade planned?
- could you tell me the font in the display of the T+A DAC 200, then I can use the same font in the display of my streamer... 😀

Best regards
FZ

23 minutes ago, FZ said:

...have had the DAC 200 for two weeks now - really good work, especially in combination with the congenial HQplayer. However, it really does take a few days for the device to play in/burn in. Now I have to say that the DAC 200 has reconciled me with all the digital stuff, it's fun.
Two questions for OE333:
- what possessed the T+A people to develop the MP200 without internet radio, or have I missed something? Unfortunately, without internet radio the device makes no sense to me. Is an upgrade planned?
- could you tell me the font in the display of the T+A DAC 200, then I can use the same font in the display of my streamer... 😀

Best regards
FZ

MP 200 has internet radio included 

I use it every day 

T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

Ahhh, ok - I've just read that too (hidden on the page). I recently read about a user who wanted to sell his MP200 because it didn't have an internet radio, he wrote. Always do your own research! Thank you very much for the tip.
Then the MP200 makes sense for me now - looks good and also simplifies the updates... 🙂

On 4/25/2024 at 5:29 PM, e.Latte said:

Advantages are

1.) convenience

- only one remote for DAC and all sources in the MP200 (streaming services, internet radio, FM + DAB radio, CD Player Bluetooth etc.)

- control the DAC200 + MP200 thru the iOS or Android T+A control APP (APP control is forwarded to DAC200 via the MP200)

- firmware updates via internet for DAC200 thru MP200

2.) sound quality

The audio data is transferred from MP200 to DAC200 using a proprietary interface (T+A SYS-Link) with very low jitter

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

30 minutes ago, SPAZ said:

Hi @OE333

I have just updated to the latest extended version and love the extra functionality to re-name the outputs. How can I change the output name for USB S2?

Thanks!

USB S2 is a special input intended for an additional USB connection between MP200 and DAC200. It was not intended to be used as a "normal" input. I made this input now available as a second USB input for those users who do not have a MP200 and who want to use it as a second USB in. But please be aware that this "2nd USB" feature is only an "experimental" feature that does not have exactly the same functionality as the normal standard inputs. So if you choose to use this experimental feature, please accept that the name can not be edited.

On 4/23/2024 at 7:42 AM, droffen said:

I like it the way it is implemented. Because I can decide whether I watch TV with sound via T+A or via TV itself.

Thank you - this was our intention when defining the DAC200 CEC implementation.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:34 AM, Sid said:

I was hoping for a consistent CEC implementation, helps to reduce remote usage :-) seems a bit wasteful to first turn the TV on and then separately DAC so that I can route TV's audio through my 2 channel setup...I guess my only solution is to use a universal remote!

I will check if we can add a CEC switch ON function ...

10 minutes ago, OE333 said:

USB S2 is a special input intended for an additional USB connection between MP200 and DAC200. It was not intended to be used as a "normal" input. I made this input now available as a second USB input for those users who do not have a MP200 and who want to use it as a second USB in. But please be aware that this "2nd USB" feature is only an "experimental" feature that does not have exactly the same functionality as the normal standard inputs. So if you choose to use this experimental feature, please accept that the name can not be edited.

Works for me. Thank you!