IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

• 1 month later...

... and here is the link to the new Stereo review (in German) as well. What a great service of T+A to have them openly available on their webpage:

https://www.ta-hifi.de/wp-content/uploads/stereo_a_dac_200_12_2021.pdf

Many thanks. Looking forward to a first listening test :-) ... although my DAC8DSD did arrive less than one year ago and is still providing great listening experiences here.

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

I am using and enjoying a DAC 8 DSD with a Primare PRE35 preamp. When I purchased this setup, it was premised on the notion that the DAC 8's volume control was not truly competent and that a preamp was necessary. Now the DAC 200 arrives with what appears to be one of T+A's best preamp circuits built in. Sounds like a great solution. 

HOWEVER ...

Unless someone convinces me that the DAC 200 with its built-in preamp sounds a lot better than what I have put together, then I can't see going to the expense  and bother of updating my system to include the DAC 200. My feeling is that if I were starting over, I would go with the DAC 200 and be glad I did; but I will need a big dose of motivation to make a switch now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, OE333 said:

Due to the current shortage of electronic and aluminum parts DAC 200 production output at T+A is quite low at the moment. Furthermore the demand for this model is overwhelming and much higher than expected. 

So currently there is a significant backlog in deliveries and it might be hard to find any demo devices at dealers.

T+A is sorry for any delays and is working hard to improve the situation.

Thanks for the info. 

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

14 hours ago, Gary Anderson said:

I have running the 200 for the last 6 hours with maybe 60 hours on it.

i have to ship on Friday by 5:30 central time.

Currently I have the Bricasti M1 SE with MDX 1.07

interesting machine the 200 is.

It would be great to hear your impressions and comparisons with Bricasti M1 SE.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Many thanks, Gary. Indeed, from my experience with the T+A DAC 8 DSD, it really makes sense what you are saying. This precessor device really needed quite some time to reach its potential in my listening room. Somehow I had the impression that it became better organized, more transparent and better in timing with increasing listening hours. Thanks to my friendly dealer, I had two weeks to test it. Only towards the end of that period, I finally came to the conclusion to keep it. Still very happy to have it here ... but an upgrade to the 200 looks very tempting of course. However, no need to rush here since I am still very happy with the DAC 8 DSD.

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

• 3 months later...