IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

+100

I hold out hope that this Mark Twain quote will ring true for me when my 10 year old gets a little older.

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Don't tell my Dad but, that describes me...

A good example of my 10 year old these days...

Yesterday at breakfast we were eating cheerios and I noticed that some of them were heart shaped. When I mentioned this fact she let out a sigh and said, Yeah, it says it right on the box...

In my defense, I hadn't yet had my morning coffee.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have DSD1024 working on the DAC200 with @Miska’s newest NAA image. Still many things to test and set to my favorite, but so far so good. 

ACADE3F6-1C3F-4101-A431-5DE2E5C38AB2.jpeg

Can't wait for your review.

Yesterday, I had a brief opportunity to listen to DAC 200 in a HiFi shop and it sounded really lovely.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

On 7/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have DSD1024 working on the DAC200 with @Miska’s newest NAA image. Still many things to test and set to my favorite, but so far so good. 

ACADE3F6-1C3F-4101-A431-5DE2E5C38AB2.jpeg

I can only get 256 DSD out of my computer. From what I understand you are feeding the DAC 200 with a NAA? Are you going in USB from the NAA? If you are running this from a computer, do you mind sharing your build specs? :) 

1 hour ago, e.Latte said:

I can only get 256 DSD out of my computer. From what I understand you are feeding the DAC 200 with a NAA? Are you going in USB from the NAA? If you are running this from a computer, do you mind sharing your build specs? :) 

Are you running into this Mac limitation?

”The playback of DSD files is restricted to a maximum of DSD 256 on Apple MAC computers, as Apple only supports playback in DoP format and does not support native streaming.”

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you running into this Mac limitation?

”The playback of DSD files is restricted to a maximum of DSD 256 on Apple MAC computers, as Apple only supports playback in DoP format and does not support native streaming.”

I am using Windows. I think it is the limitation of my processor and graphics card. I want to upsample to 1024 DSD since the DAC 200 is capable of 1024 DSD and I want to hear how it sounds. I am currently using ROON and HQ Player from my computer and connecting directly into the DAC 200. My current settings on HQ Player are Source, IIR, FIR, Shaped, 768 PCM, and on the DAC 200 I have it set to NOS 2. Sounds incredible. I am curious to hear how DSD 1024 sounds compared to my current settings. 

14 minutes ago, e.Latte said:

I am using Windows. I think it is the limitation of my processor and graphics card. I want to upsample to 1024 DSD since the DAC 200 is capable of 1024 DSD and I want to hear how it sounds. I am currently using ROON and HQ Player from my computer and connecting directly into the DAC 200. My current settings on HQ Player are Source, IIR, FIR, Shaped, 768 PCM, and on the DAC 200 I have it set to NOS 2. Sounds incredible. I am curious to hear how DSD 1024 sounds compared to my current settings. 

Try DSD256 first. For example with:

1x=poly-sinc-gauss-long

Nx=poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp

Modulator=ASDM7ECv2

You can then try higher rates. But I'd say it is very good at DSD256.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

Try DSD256 first. For example with:

1x=poly-sinc-gauss-long

Nx=poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp

Modulator=ASDM7ECv2

You can then try higher rates. But I'd say it is very good at DSD256.

The we get to the question of higher DSD rates versus "lower" level modulators as we hit the maximum our PCs can handle. First world problems :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

44 minutes ago, Miska said:
9 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Is the built in NAA only on the 39,000 dollar HV whatever?

Yes, that's the case, in the HV seriest streaming DAC/pre-amp.

Is an update actually recommended?

Jul 17 2022 Network Audio Daemon 4.2.3 released.
Bug fixes and component updates.

I can't do that of course, but we could trigger the update at T+A.

12 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Is the built in NAA only on the 39,000 dollar HV whatever?

Why not use an external NAA ?

A RK3399 or RK3328 based SBC and DietPi might be a good starting point...

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

3 hours ago, OE333 said:

Why not use an external NAA ?

A RK3399 or RK3328 based SBC and DietPi might be a good starting point...

This is the sbc of ZenStream and if only iFi audio would open up the possibility of booting on DietPi (instead of an outdated Volumio 2 version).... this is certainly the only possible improvement to this excellent streamer !! 🙃

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA