IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

On 6/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, cat6man said:

2.  Can someone please explain the 're-specification' issue and a link to Romaz's adventures referred to above (that seems to have led to people requesting changes to their orders)?

anyone?

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

anyone?

I suggest searching for romaz + sr7 to find out about his adventures.  Some people have been re-specifying their SR7 builds to match what romaz has done.  In particular, they have upgraded to teflon pcb's and z-foil resistors.

You can review the Novel thread as well as the original SR7 thread where this information is discussed in more detail.

#TBT...Ground Hog Day (the movie)

October 22, 2018

This week I should be shipping out custom orders 15 and 16. Order 17 has been temporarily delayed due to a re-specification so I will start on order 18 as soon as the new workshop is functional.

June 12, 2019

Materials for builds 14 and 17 arrived (both on hold due to re-specification requiring new mains transformers and one on hold awaiting Teflon boards and z-foil resistors). Build 14 with new mains transformers, Teflon boards and z-foil resistors has been completed and shipped out I am currently working on build 17 which should be completed by the end of next week.

I am about to ship build 15.

I have a problem with build 16 due to an interaction issue using remote voltage switching. I have decided to stick with on regulator board switching of output voltage as used in the SR4 as there is no interaction issue with this. I am having new PCBs made for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also approaching my 2-year wait anniversary...and everytime I'm thinking of giving-up my order, I receive some promising news from Paul....he replied to me yesterday actually (no specific news on the schedule but he mentioned the issue with your chassis Austinpop) and it seems he's working indeed....but no SR7 has come out the shop since Q3 2018 and this has gotten me concerned about his ability to deliver at all...I guess I'll just wait & see :)

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

4 hours ago, guillaume31 said:

I'm also approaching my 2-year wait anniversary...and everytime I'm thinking of giving-up my order, I receive some promising news from Paul....he replied to me yesterday actually (no specific news on the schedule but he mentioned the issue with your chassis Austinpop) and it seems he's working indeed....but no SR7 has come out the shop since Q3 2018 and this has gotten me concerned about his ability to deliver at all...I guess I'll just wait & see :)

What is your number in the queue?

What was the promising news?

17 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

What is your number in the queue?

What was the promising news?

I'm #24.

Promising only means that he's working on the SR7s and getting things sorted...

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

Based on the post below, it seems that a custom SR7 can be built in less than one month.  (In the post I am referencing, two were completed in less than a month.) 

I wonder how nothing other than replacements for a couple of failed SR7 modules has been shipped since February 2019 when operations supposedly resumed.  It makes no sense to me.

Good to hear.  Waiting anxiously for my July batch of SR4  

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.