IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

1 hour ago, novaca said:

Today I discovered this: https://paul-hynes-design.jimdosite.com/blog/
We will see if the change is for the better - maybe, but now nothing can be ordered (all sold out) ...

The goal is for the entire product line of SR4, SR5, and SR7 to eventually be produced by Paul Hynes Design, as distinct from Paul Hynes himself.  Only standardized supplies will be available, which is to say no custom SR7s will be produced going forward.  The plan is for Paul to complete the custom builds already on order and then to shut down that part of the business.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:55 PM, frederick184 said:

SR4-19 arrived today.  Well worth the wait. Burning in now.

Colin

Colin, what mos. were you promised the SR4?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Thanks Colin.  I'm in the July build and just got notice my SR4 will be shipping next week or the next.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

5 minutes ago, oilpaint said:

@austinpop Are you still getting the external attenuators? Have you had any conversations about them with Paul?

Not yet, no. From the update posted some weeks ago, I got the impression that Paul has abandoned this idea as he found the quality loss unacceptable. To be honest, in recent times I've had several occasions to pop the lid of SR-7's and adjust voltage manually with the little blue potentiometer on the regulator board, and it's really not a big deal. In fact, I think it's very useful, as it allows you to set arbitrary values - like 16V, which I tried recently for something.

I've been using the tiny screwdriver that comes with the LPS-1.2 for these adjustments, but it would be nice to find a longer screwdriver in that same size.

Thanks - when Paul explained it to me it wasn't clear whether there was something strange about my setup or whether he was going to delete this as an option. 

Nice to hear its not difficult to change because I can imagine wanting to change it now and then.

Thanks again.