IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

Good to see some SR4 throughput, time to time...

However facts remain:

• SR7 build flow looks dry as Great Salt Lake since months - mine is paid since more time it takes to human to born a child, how on earth is it possible assembling a known design takes ages ?
  • Paul seems not care to answer, even the most polite inquiry of his paid in advance customers, which btw are not that many - and possibly becoming a dying species with such poor quality of service.

All in one, I still wonder how he could get such a great reputation leading to this kind of extremely positive review less than a year ago ?

To finish on a good note, fortunate enough to write all this listening to my audio system, sounding absolutely great - now powered by probably one of the finest power supply design in the industry - it's a loan, but chances it convert to a buy are growing...

On 6/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

Build 14 with new mains transformers, Teflon boards and z-foil resistors has been completed and shipped out I am currently working on build 17 which should be completed by the end of next week.

I am about to ship build 15.

Have the owners of SR7 builds 14, 15, and 17 received shipping notices, or better yet, a power supply?

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

any day now

I shall be released.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 6/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, your momo said:

... now powered by probably one of the finest power supply design in the industry - it's a loan, but chances it convert to a buy are growing...

Which one is that? Always trying to broaden my horizons...

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

21 minutes ago, oilpaint said:

I am Build 16. Can anyone explain - in laymen’s terms - what Paul is describing as the problem with Build 16 (described in reply #27 above)?

Thanks

Paul hasn't been in touch with you directly?  I assumed his modus operandus is to communicate with the buyer when his/her build is underway.  Did you specify anything unusual for yours? 

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.  I have no idea what Paul is referencing.

We haven’t connected since early May.

I am one of the guilty ones that took over someone else’s Build - go ahead folks, fire away.....I made a few minor (cable) changes to the original Build but nothing dramatic (as far as I know). I read what he said above but don’t really understand what the issue is or why it is specific to Build 16 - I just thought someone else might know.

5 hours ago, oilpaint said:

We haven’t connected since early May.

I am one of the guilty ones that took over someone else’s Build - go ahead folks, fire away.....I made a few minor (cable) changes to the original Build but nothing dramatic (as far as I know). I read what he said above but don’t really understand what the issue is or why it is specific to Build 16 - I just thought someone else might know.

Paul refers to "remote voltage switching." Does that ring any bells for you? I am not sure what that means, but perhaps it pertains to something you specified for your build?

Bottom line - I didn't really understand what Paul meant either.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:29 AM, rickca said:

I shall be released.

a man who swears he's not to blame

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, mfaoro said:

Which one is that? Always trying to broaden my horizons...

It' Nagra Classic PSU, pretty nice design using 5F super cap as output buffer per low noise linear regulated rails, 3x 12V rails in total.

Makes my HD DAC sing, music notes are like floating in the air...

Price is insane, but knowing it's "just made simpler" version of their HD DAC X or HD preamplifier power supply that cost more than twice, it aleviates the mind on top of the purse ...still not yet a buy for me.

@austinpop At some point Paul said he would add external attenuators (like the SR4 has for changing voltage) since a lot of people weren't comfortable opening the case to change voltage. I said that works for me.

I am now wondering if I am the only one that is getting the attenuators or, maybe there is something about my build that doesn't like them? 

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

1 hour ago, oilpaint said:

@austinpop At some point Paul said he would add external attenuators (like the SR4 has for changing voltage) since a lot of people weren't comfortable opening the case to change voltage. I said that works for me.

I am now wondering if I am the only one that is getting the attenuators or, maybe there is something about my build that doesn't like them? 

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Ok thanks. I am getting the external voltage selector too. So it seems to be a popular option since Paul offered it.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:45 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

Here is an update I received from Paul on June 5th.   There was some potentially encouraging news for people in the SR7 queue.

There have been a surprising number of re-specification requests recently. I guess people are following Romaz’s adventures and wanting to upgrade their power supplies to match the latest specification. This has been quite time consuming..........

1.  I just now received my SR4 today and am burning it in before hooking it up to my opticalRendu tomorrow.

2.  Can someone please explicate the 're-specification' issue and a link to Romaz's adventures?

Cheers

edit:  originally April batch, to be shipped early May.  not bad considering the trials of Job related to household plumbing.

FWIW, I was able to get an update by emailing "sales" instead of Paul. I received a polite apology and great news - that my SR4 was nearly complete and would ship early this week. Well, I never received a shipping notice so I inquired with Sales on Wednesday afternoon and have not heard back. I don't appreciate either (missed shipping dates, no communication, or, incorrect communication). So, I'm still waiting for accurate communication and shipment.