IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

55 minutes ago, Exocer said:

Is this on the USB drive or the destination SSD?

Either way, this is simply asking where you would like to complete your Euphony install. Choose the drive you want to boot from and complete the install.

Thanks Rob, if you notice it mention’s creating a backup to a different drive and notes what drive Euphony is currently installed on and gives you an option to pick a location to install said backup. Different from when you are finalizing the initial install from the USB Stick. Unless my installation was corrupt; but I had no issues in terms of usage.

Mike

20 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Thanks Rob, if you notice it mention’s creating a backup to a different drive and notes what drive Euphony is currently installed on and gives you an option to pick a location to install said backup. Different from when you are finalizing the initial install from the USB Stick. Unless my installation was corrupt; but I had no issues in terms of usage.

Mike

Interesting. Where does it mention a backup though?

It's as if it isn't fully installed and is asking you to install again. Very odd. How did you get to this state again?

13 minutes ago, Exocer said:
34 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Interesting. Where does it mention a backup though?

That’s my interpretation; it’s asking if you want to install to another Drive. The Drive they show in the Box is my External FireWire Drive that contains all my music files. It also recognizes the NVMe Drive that I am using and states that. 

16 minutes ago, Exocer said:

It's as if it isn't fully installed and is asking you to install again. Very odd. How did you get to this state again?

This appeared when I did the latest Beta Update; when I rolled back it was no longer there. I did not try the Beta installation again. I will just to confirm.

On 1/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, davide256 said:

1. Don't finalize install on the USB stick unless you want that to be the boot solution

2. Please check your BIOS to see if the drive installed to shows as a boot option. If not, most modern machines use UEFI boot,

do you have this enabled in BIOS?

3. Assuming BIOS shows the drive installed to as a valid boot drive, just turn the machine off, remove the USB stick and power the machine on.

As long as you don't have anything funky for an Ethernet port and have internet connectivity all should boot up fine within about 3 minutes for first boot.

If you have a Windows PC you can install/run Advanced IP Scanner to find the IP address for Euphony... if all is well you should see a carat below it for making http connection,

click on that to connect to Euphony server. DNS is supposed to work but I find it less reliable connecting to Euphony vs using the IP address.

If the carat never shows it means something is a problem, you should connect the hdmi port of 

THKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP!

robert also reverted back and helped solve all my small problems.

i had a brief listening session yesterday, i didnt like it like the first day. No idea why!

bass not controlled mids thick and not clear.

any way i will check the kernal version and report my impressions later.

My NUC running Euphony V4 is always on but I power off the DAC when I don't listen to music. When the DAC (USB attached) is powered ON, Euphony doesn't work until I do "Restart App". This is not very bad but still not an expected behavior I suppose. I have opened a ticket on 28.12.2022 but so far no contact from Euphony support. Do you guys have the same issue?

37 minutes ago, walloon said:

My NUC running Euphony V4 is always on but I power off the DAC when I don't listen to music. When the DAC (USB attached) is powered ON, Euphony doesn't work until I do "Restart App". This is not very bad but still not an expected behavior I suppose. I have opened a ticket on 28.12.2022 but so far no contact from Euphony support. Do you guys have the same issue?

I remember having the same problem with the first version of Euphony v4 but haven't been in such a situation to test it in the next release.

40 minutes ago, walloon said:

This has always been the case for V3 and now for V4 for me too... need to restart the app after switching my DAC (USB attached to 10i7NUC). 

I am using Euphony 20220905, when I search for updates, the message is "no update" (channel stable, no feature update, no system update)

Is it normal ?

I want to update because the web app is very slow and many disconnections (and today no possibility to connect web app with my PC (my smartphone is ok, slow but ok))

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, rico25 said:

I am using Euphony 20220905, when I search for updates, the message is "no update" (channel stable, no feature update, no system update)

Is it normal ?

I want to update because the web app is very slow and many disconnections (and today no possibility to connect web app with my PC (my smartphone is ok, slow but ok))

Thank you :)

Go to Settings> System> Expert Settings> Under Update Channel change selection from stable to beta> save> check for updates again.

That should do it…..

Mike

Note: best to disable Ramroot if it is enabled before updating

On 1/8/2023 at 9:19 AM, walloon said:

Robert eventually came back to me:

Yes, it is problem with DAC which is disconnected abnormally from working server and connection is lost in process. We will see what you can do about it. This happens to some DAC products only which assume you turn off your server also. This you do not do (you keep server running and turn of DAC... which is abnormal situation).

Not sure why it is considered abnormal to turn off the DAC and keep the server on. 

I could be wrong but my impression with Euphony support these days is that unless it is an obvious bug on their side, they don't look at it anymore and blame the hardware.

This is what I got as first answer to the ticket:

For problems with Hardware - connected or not- we do not check via remote any more, because it is misleading. We do not know what is connected, when it is connected (physically) and we cannot do any diagnostic remotely.

It's of course their right to do that and act more like Roon support but doing this just after changing the sales model can be a bit risky.

That explanation is BS. I am using Topping DAC and I also need to restart the app if I power on/off the DAC. Maybe Robert is right that this is some sort of behavior on the DAC side, but that still does not explain why other players do not have these problems - Roon, HQP, etc, so clearly there is a way to get around this behavior. They really have no clue about how to communicate with their customers and there seems to be zero mindset to work towards customer satisfaction. I also got similar cold, incomplete and confusing response from Robert on my ticket.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, ArthurPower said:

Greetings everyone. For those who don't know me, I've been handling euphony in North America since its inception. I know the entire euphony team and talk with them weekly. 

@ArthurPower Best wishes to you. Maybe before I go you can shed some light how it has been going so far and what about the outlook for 2023? You seem to have better communication with the Euphony team than everyone else here?

I have submitted the below ticket to Euphony support system, let's see what they say...

I would like to ask several questions:
- Is development on Euphony still ongoing? There was no production update for long time and you're not communicating any news.
- If yes, when do you plan to release new version?
- Are you focusing on bug fixing/compatibility or developing new features as well?
- When do you plan to disclose your terms and conditions that are unavailable since the beginning? Do you understand this is your responsibility as an online seller according to EU regulations?
- Are you considering to start communicating with your customer base (e.g. via blog posts, website news, social media, etc.) to provide updates on what's going on and what's next?

2 hours ago, ArthurPower said:

I just spoke with Robert. Development is progressing and a beta version is now currently available for everybody to download if they wish. 

Well I am glad to hear. In my experience since the introduction of v4 communication has been at best irregular, difficult, arbitrary or non existing. Sometimes quick responses and sometimes not at all. Maybe these are simply misunderstandings, who knows? But almost 6 months later there has not been much improvement as you can read regularly in this thread.

It makes me wonder what to expect for the future regarding stable versions, new features and availability of technical assistance. Not much is clear today. Even though choosing the monthly subscription model would allow you to step out anytime I think Euphony's goal should be to let users know what they commit to and make them stay with Euphony for the long run. Except for the beta testers here at AS it seems Euphony v4 became too unreliable for some.

I think it is in everyone's interest if you could encourage Robert to improve Euphony's communication regarding these issues.

Good luck!

22 minutes ago, di-fi said:

Well I am glad to hear. In my experience since the introduction of v4 communication has been at best irregular, difficult, arbitrary or non existing. Sometimes quick responses and sometimes not at all. Maybe these are simply misunderstandings, who knows? But almost 6 months later there has not been much improvement as you can read regularly in this thread.

It makes me wonder what to expect for the future regarding stable versions, new features and availability of technical assistance. Not much is clear today. Even though choosing the monthly subscription model would allow you to step out anytime I think Euphony's goal should be to let users know what they commit to and make them stay with Euphony for the long run. Except for the beta testers here at AS it seems Euphony v4 became too unreliable for some.

I think it is in everyone's interest if you could encourage Robert to improve Euphony's communication regarding these issues.

Good luck!

I think that bigger problems loom for when renewal time approaches for v4… there needs to be a portal for login to update credit card info or to opt out of renewal

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

19 hours ago, Yiakubou said:

I have submitted the below ticket to Euphony support system, let's see what they say...

I would like to ask several questions:
- Is development on Euphony still ongoing? There was no production update for long time and you're not communicating any news.
- If yes, when do you plan to release new version?
- Are you focusing on bug fixing/compatibility or developing new features as well?
- When do you plan to disclose your terms and conditions that are unavailable since the beginning? Do you understand this is your responsibility as an online seller according to EU regulations?
- Are you considering to start communicating with your customer base (e.g. via blog posts, website news, social media, etc.) to provide updates on what's going on and what's next?

Here is the response I got from Robert in the ticket, for me questions 2 and 5 were not answered properly, but clearly Robert does not want to write more about it...

As this are not technical questions and very generic will give you few clues:
1) Yes. See new BETA.
2) See 1)
3) All.
4) Link will be fixed in short time.
5) Yes we allready doing this.

Hope you got info, and we do not need to write more about it.