IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I have no experience with Euphony and wondering if its implementation/support of HQPe is similar to how roon handles it?  More specifically, I'm using an Aqua stack (La Scala opto MKII + LinQ along with the HQP modules) and if I wanted to try euphony would it recognize the LinQ / be supported?

My rig

On 1/31/2023 at 12:32 AM, BCRich said:

I’m gonna try to duplicate this….

I installed the iOS App. Re-booted my server; I left the app open in the background. The app refreshed itself once the server booted; it scanned my library, I add an album and it played. I had no issue.

I tried rebooting with an album in the queue but it cleared itself; I’m not buffering to ram due to HQPe interaction.

Try connecting to the server over IP in Safari; add a bookmark. See if that works any different

715D1BBE-E70B-4419-A6C9-C72FB7A1F7BB.png

Hi BCRich,

Today I installed the new version again but the problem stayed. I saw something strange in the bottom right corner of my tablet's screen. After launching Euphony Stylus the app indicates that there are 0 bits available to play when there should be 16 (see photo). After restarting the app the 0 bits change to 16 bits and I can play music. I have no idea what is causing this.

SAM_0670.thumb.JPG.7df186a7d54eda013a0100313990eacd.JPG

2 hours ago, Foggie said:

I have no experience with Euphony and wondering if its implementation/support of HQPe is similar to how roon handles it?  More specifically, I'm using an Aqua stack (La Scala opto MKII + LinQ along with the HQP modules) and if I wanted to try euphony would it recognize the LinQ / be supported?

If your Aqua device is running NAA then all should be fine.

Euphony server and HQPe have to run on same device, can't send audio from Stylus to a separate machine running HQPe

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

@davide256 + @Yiakubou

Yes the LinQ is running NAA but it also contains HQPe core module its called (two indiv modules) - so roon sends it to LinQ and it does its thing > HQPe core module to the NAA module (so you can upsample pcm > dsd or whatever one wants).  My roon is on a dedicated Linux server box.

I do have a separate / dedicated HQPe wkst I was using to send to opticalRendu, so roon > HQPe wkst > OR > DAC. 

I'm not using that now since I got the aqua stack (which FWIW is freaking unbelievably good)

My rig

36 minutes ago, Smaragdhk said:

Does anyone know how to incorporate DSP room calibration such as Dirac into Stylus?

You have to go to your audio system  and switch from direct mode to dsp or updampling. (I don't have my comp here with me for screenshots)

Once there, you can select dsp only and I found out that you need to upload mono convolution files for left and right channel (I tried the stereo mode but it didn't work back then, maybe it does now)

I didn't try to put convolution files for only one sample rate and don't know how it would behave, but ot accepts convolution files for multiple sample rates.

I can get screenshots tonight if you want.

Note that the mono convolution file has to be with only one channel. A convolution file with 2 channels (with one empty) would lead to only one speaker playing at my place.

16 hours ago, davide256 said:

please explain how you get this to work???

You just need to run HQP on another PC and and then Stylus should see it, even if the HQP is not running on Euphony. I think I tried running Jussi's HQPe OS image and I was able to control it with Stylus externally. HQPe should show up under audio outputs, like any other audio output. It's the same as if you run single PC in Stylus+HQPe mode. Just need to activate the HQP output. I believe it should work like this even with HQP desktop, don't see a reason why not, although you may need to enable the network control option in HQP.

6 hours ago, Yiakubou said:

You just need to run HQP on another PC and and then Stylus should see it, even if the HQP is not running on Euphony. I think I tried running Jussi's HQPe OS image and I was able to control it with Stylus externally. HQPe should show up under audio outputs, like any other audio output. It's the same as if you run single PC in Stylus+HQPe mode. Just need to activate the HQP output. I believe it should work like this even with HQP desktop, don't see a reason why not, although you may need to enable the network control option in HQP.

Hallelujah!  This didn't work for me under v3 but it sure looks like it will now... only option needed is allow control from network for HQP server

image.thumb.png.efd2dd4a0038a914daf1237d84a7f88a.png

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, al2813 said:

Did anyone upgrade to the 0702 new version? Never in my history with this OS I was so fast to revert to the previous version. And yes I switched to 5.18 after the upgrade. 

I had two bugs in version 2023.01.24 that Zeljko fixed yesterday. Immediately afterwards, the new update came online containing the fixes for these errors. For me there was no reason to get the new update because the bugs were already fixed. So for me version 0124 was adjusted but I didn't hear any difference. Someone, close to Zeljko, should ask him why repairing existing versions through updates leads to sound differences.

Saw the update, checked the changes and updated, alas also reverted back after 10 minutes of listening… to me sounded thinner and more digital, similar to the version prior to 0124.

Fingers crossed the imminent production version sounds more like or better than 0124… 

- BETA release
- remember all library choices
- fixed startup playback problem on some devices
- fixed playback behavior for queue operations that influence the next song
- production version imminent

I am also using NUC's - 10i3 for Stylus server and 10i5 for the endpoint. I did notice a sound difference when switched from the current production version which is like 4 months old to the previous beta version (with still the same 5.18 kernel). But it just sounded slightly differently, perhaps more thin sound, but also a bit more focused with tighter bass, but not necessarily better and I certainly wouldn't put my hand in fire on that statement. I'm too lazy to do some A-B'ing to confirm that for myself. And I especially don't want to be switching between various Euphony versions. With how fragile it is, I'm just glad the system holds it together and I can listen to some music.