IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

3 hours ago, di-fi said:

Hi @Lebouwsky

Start over again with the Euphony image install but do not try to finsh installation. At the start it sounded good from USB, right?

It used to be that TRIAL could not be installed on a SSD/hard drive (look back in the thread here). But some managed anyways. Probably the SSD you try to install to is not regognised/properly formatted/it wont let you. You could try an other SSD or a few more times. Just do not try finish install.

As for the payment Euphony are not the only ones only accepting credit card (HQplayer, JCAT, Spotify , Tidal? to name a few). Maybe a friend can help out? Prepaid credit card?

Een fijne kerst!

Thank you for your advice, really helpful.

Een hele fijne kerst en het allerbeste gewenst voor 2023. 

15 hours ago, louawalters said:

Since I am off work and we are getting hit with a crazy winter storm, I am going to putz around with Audio Linux... :-)

I have that on my Pink Faun. I like it just fine. After Euphony I went to the PF and it was all that and more. But I moved on. I was thinking of putting Euphony 4 on it. That would give the MU1 a good challenge. But I’m going to listen to music instead. LOL.

5 minutes ago, aangen said:

What did it take to get it on there? An email to Jord for remote control or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself could you see your way to pming me a path to the steps? Euphony is such a bargain, even now. One power cable purchase is what, 20 years of Euphony? 

I'll PM you. very straightfoward

36 minutes ago, prinz said:

does anyone know if PinkFaun SPDIF bridge will work with Euphony OS and intel z390 based machine?

According the information of Pink Faun it is not supported. A friend of mine tried Euphony with his Pink Faun I2S card and it didn't work. He also had a motherboard with an Intel CPU. 

https://www.pinkfaun.com/shop/bridge/45-4499-pink-faun-spdif-bridge.html#/87-spdif_options-spdif_aes_ebu_bnc/520-additional_clock_for_spdif_bridge-ultra_ocxo_for_spdif_1250

Maybe you can ask Pink Faun.

12 hours ago, bos3812 said:

According the information of Pink Faun it is not supported. A friend of mine tried Euphony with his Pink Faun I2S card and it didn't work. He also had a motherboard with an Intel CPU. 

https://www.pinkfaun.com/shop/bridge/45-4499-pink-faun-spdif-bridge.html#/87-spdif_options-spdif_aes_ebu_bnc/520-additional_clock_for_spdif_bridge-ultra_ocxo_for_spdif_1250

Maybe you can ask Pink Faun.

I would think first of all recently added hardware needs to be recognized/activated in the bios and drivers possibly need to be up to date. Are hardware and PCIe slots compatible?
Also a connection needs to be established to a connected device (DAC or other).  For example I2S sometimes needs to be paired to a DAC (buttons or dip switch or other), maybe a second try is worth it. 

If that is ok only then any capable OS should play to any available output you choose,so I doubt it has to do with Euphony.

5 hours ago, di-fi said:

I would think first of all recently added hardware needs to be recognized/activated in the bios and drivers possibly need to be up to date. Are hardware and PCIe slots compatible?
Also a connection needs to be established to a connected device (DAC or other).  For example I2S sometimes needs to be paired to a DAC (buttons or dip switch or other), maybe a second try is worth it. 

If that is ok only then any capable OS should play to any available output you choose,so I doubt it has to do with Euphony.

The Pink Faun SPDIF bridge does not support Linux distributions in combination with an Intel CPU according their information. Strange, but this is what their web side says.

18 hours ago, prinz said:

does anyone know if PinkFaun SPDIF bridge will work with Euphony OS and intel z390 based machine?

Hello.
My Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge was not supported on the Intel motherboard, so I had to switch to the AMD platform.

Czesc, Prinz

Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge na moim Intelowym systemie nie gral. Zatem przeszlam na AMD

Hi guys ,

need some help from the tecky of you.

i m uprading to v4 and what i feared is happening.

i formated the usb to mac os fat ( and not fat 32 like stated on euphony web.

Flashed via etcher to the euphony .img 

inserted the usb on my server .

power on , alt button hold , but no boot up happening, no usb stick shown !

anybody can help me please!

thks

12 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

Hi guys ,

need some help from the tecky of you.

i m uprading to v4 and what i feared is happening.

i formated the usb to mac os fat ( and not fat 32 like stated on euphony web.

Flashed via etcher to the euphony .img 

inserted the usb on my server .

power on , alt button hold , but no boot up happening, no usb stick shown !

anybody can help me please!

thks

I’ve used Etcher on my Mac Pro in the past but when it came to doing V4 I had a lot of issues getting it to work. I ended up using my Windows LapTop and used Rufus and it was smooth sailing. I would start from scratch and maybe try a different USB Stick.

Good Luck,

Mike

8 minutes ago, BCRich said:

I’ve used Etcher on my Mac Pro in the past but when it came to doing V4 I had a lot of issues getting it to work. I ended up using my Windows LapTop and used Rufus and it was smooth sailing. I would start from scratch and maybe try a different USB Stick.

Good Luck,

Mike

Thks mike,

i have no windows under hand unfortunately.

when you enter the bios menu on intel, what should i do?

here a screen shot 

7670A6F0-97F7-49E8-B606-5F5F08E024A8.thumb.jpeg.954e489f387b58a70796aa10ca7df73b.jpeg

V3 is still there and working.

i think the problem is the usb stick: sundisk cruzer blade media.

i erased everything on it and tried again format it into ms dos (fat), my mac book pro showed a message saying operation is not possibe.

ok now i succeded formatting it into ms dos fat 32 .

re flashing and trying again!

fingers crossed!

4 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

V3 is still there and working.

i think the problem is the usb stick: sundisk cruzer blade media.

i erased everything on it and tried again format it into ms dos (fat), my mac book pro showed a message saying operation is not possibe.

ok now i succeded formatting it into ms dos fat 32 .

re flashing and trying again!

fingers crossed!

Good Luck….