IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I did not beta V4, V3 is working well and I did not want to mess with it.

The one area that I think could use improvement are all of the pick boxes where you Interface with the software. I have a 10 inch tablet, but every place I have to pick is very small.

Also the box where you enter the information is not long enough, if you have a track that is very long, it is bigger than the box, so you cannot see the full entry and it is hard to edit. 

that is what I would like to see in a new release. Is the new software easier to use?

3 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

I did not beta V4, V3 is working well and I did not want to mess with it.

The one area that I think could use improvement are all of the pick boxes where you Interface with the software. I have a 10 inch tablet, but every place I have to pick is very small.

Also the box where you enter the information is not long enough, if you have a track that is very long, it is bigger than the box, so you cannot see the full entry and it is hard to edit. 

that is what I would like to see in a new release. Is the new software easier to use?

Did you try using the app?

Member of the Trade: Power Holdings Inc

1 hour ago, novtom said:

Hi, there is new website of euphony and latest image 

https://euphony-audio.com/v4/installation/

https://euphony-audio.com/v4/subscription/

"Stylus 4 software is licensed as a subscription. This means you pay annual or monthly fee to use software for agreed period of time"

To me this is a big disappointment as i hate subscriptions. I rather just buy it and be done with. Wouldn't care if that was 800 bucks.

But off course I'm in. Don't want to miss its stellar SQ. 

Well... it's pretty expensive, but if billed annually it's about 300EUR/2 years, which is similar to previous conditions (that is if they keep the 2 year major version lifecycle). Perhaps this is better for customers who do not purchase the licence at the very start of the lifecycle.

However, what I am missing is some discount or something for v3 licence holders. I've contacted them with this question.

I will wait for what will be offered for v3 licence holders. I agree this is going to be a hard sell. If I wouldn't know much about Euphony, as a completely new customer, I'm not sure I would be convinced.

Guess they have decided that their target audience is customers who have sound quality as first and foremost priority, because the truth is that there is nothing on the market that would match Euphony/Stylus sound quality. At least I'm not aware of anything. And that is why I will mostly likely suck it up and pay anyway, even though I will hate myself a bit for that :-)

10 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

I will wait for what will be offered for v3 licence holders. I agree this is going to be a hard sell. If I wouldn't know much about Euphony, as a completely new customer, I'm not sure I would be convinced.

Guess they have decided that their target audience is customers who have sound quality as first and foremost priority, because the truth is that there is nothing on the market that would match Euphony/Stylus sound quality. At least I'm not aware of anything. And that is why I will mostly likely suck it up and pay anyway, even though I will hate myself a bit for that :-)

I keep going back and forth between HQP and Stylus.  HQP is better controlled, digital nasties are far less likely to jump out at you. But Stylus delivers

the subliminal cues that persuade it's life like vs  a copy even with its occasional digital nasties.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

56 minutes ago, al2813 said:

I got my upgrade offer. They offer the first 12 months for half the price (59 EUR). In return I must GIVE UP my v3 license (they will scrap it). 

that second part is quite frankly upsetting. 

Got that email too. So if I accept the upgrade and don’t renew there is no way I can get back to v3. Not fair at all.

If I upgrade (big if at the moment) I will probably pay the full price and keep v3 on the current SSD. I hope they will never announce that they will scrap all v3 licences! Can they?

23 minutes ago, walloon said:

Got that email too. So if I accept the upgrade and don’t renew there is no way I can get back to v3. Not fair at all.

If I upgrade (big if at the moment) I will probably pay the full price and keep v3 on the current SSD. I hope they will never announce that they will scrap all v3 licences! Can they?

They can't renege on a pre-established agreement. They likely want to stop supporting v3 and this is a carrot for those owners. 

Not appealing if you want to test and compare, or roll back. 

23 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

They can't renege on a pre-established agreement. They likely want to stop supporting v3 and this is a carrot for those owners. 

Not appealing if you want to test and compare, or roll back. 

Not even clear that I can do their offer.. 10 and 11 series NUCs change HW ID between v3 and v4 because v3 doesn’t recognize newer NIC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi all,

I agree Euphony’s current subscription proposal is a little hard to take today for current users. Very unfortunately communication about this major change has been almost non existant, and even today’s only email about the issue is a bit clumsy written including ‘scrapping’ the V3 (this needed a more elegant solution but not doing this would double the valid licenses, they do not want you to have two for the price of one). 

Today Euphony seems to struggle selling what they are good at. I think everyone agrees Euphony came to a complete different level of sound quality in 2 years thanks to financial and technical support from many here and elsewhere. 

If it seems impossible to maintain Euphony R&D without additional financial support in the next years, what will be next?  Reading the different totally understandable reactions please consider this: When you purchased Euphony in the last two years for €250 that was a version that none would keep on a drive today. The real value is in the various updates (and the customer support) because we did not know then what amazing sonic advancements were possible within an audiophile quality music player. Only todays version V3 is the one you want to keep, if…

As said, the then € 250 fee covered the Euphony licence purchase and also the R&D and upgrades resulting in V3 and more recently the launch of V4. To credit the full licence amount to a user to continue does not make much sense. It has been wisely spent because it gave users the benefit of an evolving player and limitless support for roughly €10/month during 2 years (that is in my case so I am aware there could be exceptions).

If the today’s version V3 is the one you like to keep you can. It came a long way.

If you prefer to use Euphony V4 instead you just got offered to take a subscription of €5 / month for one year. You can stop after the first year. If you like it you can continue for €10 / month the years after.

I admit it is a different way of ‘owning’ Euphony, but added to Tidal, Netflix, Qobuz, Roon and other monthly subscriptions it does not sound so bad. Especially the first year for €5 / month I will give it a try, knowing I won’t look back to V3.

Give it some some time, you do not have to decide today, V3 still is very good. I just hope you can see this in an other way because I think the users here are valuable for Euphony as Euphony always has been valuable to them.