IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

2 hours ago, flkin said:

Couldn’t get my v4 to work. Hangs during booting. Curious to see if others have had better luck and how the sound compares with v3…

Try re-downloading the image and installing on a different USB stick... I had issues during the first attempt...

7 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Heads up! Beta version 4.20220528 released.

Link for download please 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

8 hours ago, BCRich said:

I downloaded the Beta last night. I couldn’t get an Output device (Sig Rendu SE Opt) via HQPe, I gave up….

This morning I went straight from HDPlex Server to my DAC and that worked. I messed with HQPe again and got it working with the Rendu as well.

I think it sounds really good; haven’t gone back to V3 yet.

A couple of things I notice is that Tracks are being listed in alphabetical order instead of numerical with Stylus, not an issue with Qobuz and the other thing is HQPe volume in the config gui is defaulting to -60.

I ran into a like volume issue when HQP updated linux kernel... linux has defaulted devices with adjustable volume to a "safe" 60 setting to avoid unintentionally blasting at full volume.

HQP had no built in way to adjust, had to use CLI app to set to 100% for an SRC-DX DDC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi, image is loading without Problems. My cm6631a is connected, but not playing. Looks like there are some nice Features on V4... if it might run. My Streamer based on a Single code AMD G-T44R that sounds fantastic until now seems to have not enough Power for V4. V3 is realy good. Hope the amound of Bugs are getting lower ..

Found a xmos based dac. Uts running with it, but the sq is far away from V3 until now. The deepth seems to be much over the top. Sounds strange. I let it run the night and guve it a chance tomorrow again.

Regards

Sunny

Hi,

I did a complete Installation yesterday. And the Update to beta 528 too. Xmos based dac was playing until i rebooted in ramroot mode. Its not playing in ramroot and not playing after I switched back to normal boot. So I think i stop at this point and wait for the next beta. I realy like the new App control.

Kind regards

Sunny

12 hours ago, Exocer said:

I completely agree! Euphony 4 sounds phenomenally good, even from the USB stick.

Ditto, v4 beta sounds good. Next level details, texture and control while still sounding organic. Slightly smaller soundstage.

Many small adjustments making the program easier to use while keeping the same general look and feel so it’s pretty easy to move from v3 to v4. 

Under expert settings can load OS into ram. Unable to register the trial yet.

After 529 update same problem as before. I2S Card cm6631a is active but not playing.  in ramroot and in normal mode... nothing.

Cant switch back to working 528.. only 527 is possible...

Realy strange: the xmos dac is running in normal Mode but not in ramroot.

So allways keep in mind, save the last working Image on your PC before you click on a Update Button 😉.

Regards

Sunny

More installation notes for v4beta

- trial code should be entered inside euphony

- do not remove usb even if using ramroot

- if your music is stored in the same drive as v3 (the default v3 setup is a partition for the OS and another for the music on the same drive) his music partition will not be accessible in v4. If you need the music, make a copy out first.