IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

11 hours ago, di-fi said:

I knew I was opening a can of worms referring to an older version. A year ago (page 93 and more) on this forum several of us had the 108 and since upgraded to the next two versions, eliminating the option to step back one version to 108 in the Euphony settings. At that time I was comparing 3 different versions (not 108 unfortunately) but I did not know how to share between Linux and Windows. I could only get them to work in my setup. 

I am almost sure that today some user(s) still has/have a copy of Euphony 108, but they possibly do not know where to find it and/or how to share. Please just in case, do a search and look in old downloads approximately between January-March 2021 (I think?) 

If in Windows it can be found found in Euphony-downloader folder and it should contain : euphony20210108.img.gz (if I am right?)

If someone has it, please reach out and someone here will explain how to share AND you instantly become our hero! Only the img.gz file needs to be flashed to a USB drive for installation. Thanks!!

I do have:

euphony20201102v3.img.gz

euphony20210421v3.img.gz

I have to add that Euphony does not recommend using older versions than the previous one.

i have the 20200712v3.img 

would that help you?

On 4/11/2022 at 8:10 AM, Billgates307 said:

i have the 20200712v3.img 

would that help you?

Thanks for the offer, I went through comparing 3 for a while. I thought 108 could be worthwhile but I rather not try any other and move on. Besides I am putting together a new server, so plenty other priorities to make that work.

• 3 weeks later...

My Roon sub ends in one week. For a while now I have been comparing stylus to Roon server + stylus EP from time to time. The Roon interface is so much better than Stylus app, but the sound quality. Every time I improved things in my audio setup I tried to do the test. This one has been after multiple small changes. Nothing big. Just cabling and tweaks, but the gap today was simply too big. Roon sounded so muddy in comparison. I went to my Roon account and disabled the renewal. Roon stops for me. 

25 minutes ago, al2813 said:

My Roon sub ends in one week. For a while now I have been comparing stylus to Roon server + stylus EP from time to time. The Roon interface is so much better than Stylus app, but the sound quality. Every time I improved things in my audio setup I tried to do the test. This one has been after multiple small changes. Nothing big. Just cabling and tweaks, but the gap today was simply too big. Roon sounded so muddy in comparison. I went to my Roon account and disabled the renewal. Roon stops for me. 

Yeah.. it's about time for me to do same. I don't find Roon muddy, its just "lossy", stuff disappears/diminishes using it that Stylus or native HQPlayer presents clearly. Also

edged out now on cell phone, Qobuz app sounds better.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

9 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

ten months since the last serial version of Euphony 3.x and just speculation, it's probably time to try different software and not just wait and wait for a new version.

mehh, neither the latest Roon update or HQP update gave me any reason to think about changing from Stylus output. Spending my time these days improving

system components

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Good day

I have an 280G Optane Drive in one of my PCIE slots in my server and I want to put music on it, but I do not remember how.

I bought the Trillium Q System Disk and I downloaded it and copied it onto my NAS. 
I looked at the Euphony file manager, I can see the Optane Drive, but when I click on it it does not show me the files. I went in through systems into library to internal Drive and I am not sure what to do there either.

I cannot play from my NAS Because I do not have that drive attached. I am only playing files from the internal Optane Drive. 
Thank you for your help.

10 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Good day

I have an 280G Optane Drive in one of my PCIE slots in my server and I want to put music on it, but I do not remember how.

I bought the Trillium Q System Disk and I downloaded it and copied it onto my NAS. 
I looked at the Euphony file manager, I can see the Optane Drive, but when I click on it it does not show me the files. I went in through systems into library to internal Drive and I am not sure what to do there either.

I cannot play from my NAS Because I do not have that drive attached. I am only playing files from the internal Optane Drive. 
Thank you for your help.

Go to Library, internal drive: locate your empty M.2 & format it, that’s it. 

Adding files, you’ll need to tick share music library on network button. Miscellaneous tab. Then either map a drive on windows or use file manager in Euphony. 

5C83A2D6-5DE0-4472-968B-B896819039D7.png

On 3/15/2022 at 2:06 PM, al2813 said:

Strange - I have the exact same setup and I find UPNP from Euphony to be better than playing from the Zen. Also the Zen own player has no solution for Qobuz so there I need the Euphony player anyway. Having said that I did not try streaming the files from the Euphony music drive, but from a NAS downstairs or from an LPS powered SSD connected to the Zen over usb. I will try this tonight this time using the SMB share of the Euphony

@Lukasluis as well. Are you using USB or coax for output with the Zen stream? Have found coax out streamers to have less treble irritants but usually at the cost of resolution vs USB

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, Lukasluis said:

Exactly the same observation here. I use USB but I'm using an all-tubed setup. 

I also just changed speakers from Maggie 1.7 to 1.7i and that made a big difference on tonality. The 1.7i is having more textures, bigger bass, more natural midrange and better defined high frequencies.

I recently removed the Zen from my chain. My current server is still on a low power motherboard that can take 12v. Two weeks ago I tried reverting to USB output directly from my PC to the DAC while powering it with the custom LPS I was using to power the Zen (before it was powered by my HDPLEX 300W). The result was a nice jump in SQ. Plus I have the feeling Stylus likes more playing directly to a USB DAC rather than to a UPNP Renderer. 

I'm pretty annoyed I sold my JCAT USB FEMTO card when setting up the Zen. 

I am still planning to go through more revisions here, but currently am focused on other parts of my system. 

Hello everyone,

I have a small concern that Euphony limits my dac to 384 Khz, while it can go up to DSD128. My DAC is an Audiomat Tempo C which uses an Amanero Combo384 USB interface.
IMHO on Euphony Stylus the DSD files are not read because the Amanero Combo384 USB driver used by Euphony OS is not the correct one or is not up to date. In the properties of the DAC only PCM rates are displayed up to 384 Khz and no DSD. the limitation is also present with Hqplayer
Under Windows no problem everything is recognized by Audirvana or Hqplayer.
It would be a shame not to be able to play DSD files with Euohony Stylus which is a good player.
Željko replied : 
"There are no special drivers for particular audio cards on Linux.
Anyhow, Amanero Combo384 usually works in Euphony but I think you have to install the latest firmware."
So no solution? I remain limited to 384 Khz by Euphony while my dac is DSD 128?
Is there a Euphony owner who encountered the same problem? I'm surprised to be the only one.
Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, Oskar said:

Hello everyone,

I have a small concern that Euphony limits my dac to 384 Khz, while it can go up to DSD128. My DAC is an Audiomat Tempo C which uses an Amanero Combo384 USB interface.
IMHO on Euphony Stylus the DSD files are not read because the Amanero Combo384 USB driver used by Euphony OS is not the correct one or is not up to date. In the properties of the DAC only PCM rates are displayed up to 384 Khz and no DSD. the limitation is also present with Hqplayer
Under Windows no problem everything is recognized by Audirvana or Hqplayer.
It would be a shame not to be able to play DSD files with Euohony Stylus which is a good player.
Željko replied : 
"There are no special drivers for particular audio cards on Linux.
Anyhow, Amanero Combo384 usually works in Euphony but I think you have to install the latest firmware."
So no solution? I remain limited to 384 Khz by Euphony while my dac is DSD 128?
Is there a Euphony owner who encountered the same problem? I'm surprised to be the only one.
Thanks for your help.

The suggestion from Zelasko was verify you have the latest firmware in your DAC for it's Amanero USB  interface.

Have you gone to the Audiomat manufacturer's website and followed their directions on how to check/update firmware version?

I see an Amanero Combo 384 web page  with firmware link but sometimes manufacturers use proprietary drivers...

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi David,

There is no information about this on the Audiomat site. On the other hand, the driver is the one for Windows downloaded from the Amanero site. I also saw on the Amanero site that there is a procedure to flash the firmware after doing a reset directly on the interface card. But my DAC is new (it's a 2500 euro dac) and I don't think this is recommended by the manufacturer. I think I'll stop there, but it's a bit of a shame.