IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

11 hours ago, davide256 said:

That is a linux kernel question. If its relatively new  board electronics, you might need to wait until the newer version of Euphony is out

with updated linux kernel.  Probably best to ask the question via Euphony support ticket.

Hi, I did ask but they say they don't know which are supported.

11 hours ago, c-w said:

Under Driver package for Linux x64 OS it says: Linux driver:(v2.0.15.0) support kernel 3.10~4.15
Since Euphony kernel is 4.18 it probably supports it....

Thank you.

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

15 hours ago, davide256 said:

Both Roon and Stylus use a buffer for music to be played, the difference is that Stylus default is to buffer whole track before play (+next track if local tracks). You can see this

behavior with USB endpoints where when running Roon  you don't need much free RAM but if running Stylus  you must have enough free RAM to buffer 2 tracks.

The 2 track buffering also occurs with Tidal or Quobuz streaming files. You can mix up local and streamed files and Stylus will try to buffer the 2 files. Unlike local files, streaming playback will start whether the 2 track download is complete or not (despite the setting to download before starting playback which seems to applies only to local files).

Hi,

Anyone kindly help.

I changed my OS drive to a new Optane drive.

My music which is stored in another drive is now no longer found.

I can still explore it and see music folder in File Manager but can not import to Library.

Only “format” is available. Then I formated it, and copy new files again, but it still did’n work.

579E7F17-89E1-43FD-9163-3FDE88EA6CB0.thumb.jpeg.acd6a7852e233eb6655054e689479d7a.jpeg

My external drives are easy to import:

D79A4CAC-A466-44DA-8201-2BBB343FAC01.thumb.jpeg.b5fdff67d7e17097708580d3fce9f84b.jpeg

Hi, I am slowly stocking up parts to rebuild my Euphony server. The machine will be exclusively used as server streaming to another endpoint. Power will be done via HDplex 400 hifi Dc-Atx connected to hdplex 300w lps. Looking for recommendations for motherboard, cpu ram etc. Current budget is not very high as I have upgraded other parts of my system recently. I currently have a very low power Jetway N2900 motherboard which I fed directly via dc in so also looking for tips on powering different parts….

On 2/25/2022 at 10:51 PM, c-w said:

Under Driver package for Linux x64 OS it says: Linux driver:(v2.0.15.0) support kernel 3.10~4.15
Since Euphony kernel is 4.18 it probably supports it....

I installed the the Asus xg-c100f PCIe fiber ethernet card 2 days ago and it worked without any issues.

The only thing is that I cannot reduce the network speed as recommended under Expert Settings in Euphony. Changing the setting to 100Mbps causes the connection to keep dropping. At 1000Mbps (default) its been working fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

I installed the the Asus xg-c100f PCIe fiber ethernet card 2 days ago and it worked without any issues.

The only thing is that I cannot reduce the network speed as recommended under Expert Settings in Euphony. Changing the setting to 100Mbps causes the connection to keep dropping. At 1000Mbps (default) its been working fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

I echo that for my 10i7 NUC

using this in my ethtool expert setting:

-s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

other settings in below screen grab work for my setup:

6F2A5543-6076-4E95-B809-A14E46E8A117.jpeg

I have roon rock on NUC streaming to another NUC running StylusEP, using HQPlayer as transport protocol (no upsampling). Since the last roon update including an upgrade of HQPlayer, it doesn’t work anymore. Do you guys have the same issue when using this setup?

Hi 

I hope you are listening to some good music. 

I just installed an Optane SSD 900P 280GB PCIE driving my server. I am not sure how to use it, will you help please?

In Library/ internal drives/  I can see nvme0n1, size= 260.9G. But Free is “-“  

Down under Action are … (3 dots) when I “click” it, the only action is format. 

this is a brand-new drive, do I have to form at it?

When I look at the pamphlet that came in the box with the Optane Drive, it says to install the Intel NVMe driver.  I don’t have to do that because this is Linux, correct?

and then I want to copy the files from my NAS to the Optane. 

and then I want to attach the obtain as part of my library.

screenshots along with advice would be fantastic.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Will

If y

44 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

Hi 

I hope you are listening to some good music. 

I just installed an Optane SSD 900P 280GB PCIE driving my server. I am not sure how to use it, will you help please?

In Library/ internal drives/  I can see nvme0n1, size= 260.9G. But Free is “-“  

Down under Action are … (3 dots) when I “click” it, the only action is format. 

this is a brand-new drive, do I have to form at it?

When I look at the pamphlet that came in the box with the Optane Drive, it says to install the Intel NVMe driver.  I don’t have to do that because this is Linux, correct?

and then I want to copy the files from my NAS to the Optane. 

and then I want to attach the obtain as part of my library.

screenshots along with advice would be fantastic.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Will

you can add the internal Optane drive via Euphony’s library menu, and it’s expected that Euphony wants to format it. You also need the NAS library added. You can then use the File Manager option in Euphony menu to copy files. I suggest you copy a few albums to the optane drive to prove to yourself which drive sounds better… my expectation is the NAS. Sounds like a waste of money if you aren’t using the optane drive as your boot drive for Euphony

Regards,

Dave

Audio system