IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 5/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, fourstrings1891 said:

@damien78 Please give us an option to hide the mini album browser. Please also remove the tag editor bar to the right (the tag button can be moved up next to the settings button). And please implement an option to decrease the space around text/columns (maybe a small/medium/large option). I have nothing against the new "Spotification" of the GUI, but everything takes too much space. A 24" monitor feels insufficient, I can just imagine how it is on a 13" MacBook screen. Merci!

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 21.46.46.png

Can i  second this, its really annoying that you cant drag the screen size down to fit a certain size.'Why dont you use the mini player' i hear you say -BECAUSE THERE ISENT A VOLUME CONTROL ON IT !!!!  AHHH -  All i need to do (in shuffle mode )is change track and adjust the volume -thats it -never never do i need to see or use the track position bar as i use my ears and i know where i am in a song, so can we either replace the track position/scroll bar in the mini player with a volume bar or ADD A VOLUME CONTROL IN THE MINI PLAYER  or give us the option to assign the track bar to either one -PLEASE x.

21 hours ago, Marten said:

Audirvana 3.5.9 is OK!

Almost...............
Problems with my network drives MANUAL/AUTO.
Damien is searching.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

@damien78

3.5.9: PlayQueue issue when Drag&Drop from iTunes still present - wrong sequence

Left iTunes Playlist --> Right AV PlayQueue

816621334_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-18um14_10_57.png.5de665ed8a1505feb7d0c590d2fda9cf.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

On 5/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, DancingSea said:

Here’s a report on my Audirvana journey.  Going back to 2.6, A+ has always sounded too bright to me, no matter what I’ve tried, including Tube Saturator plugins that cost more the A+ itself.  3.5 fell into the same boat.  I’ve always preferred Amarra Luxe and HQP.

I recently swapped out my DH Labs T14 (silver) speaker cables for Audioquest Rocket 33’s (copper), and added a REL subwoofer.  Got better for A+, but still not quite there.  Then a few days ago I followed some EQ settings Copy_Of_A gave me almost a year ago.  All of that combined has A+ sounding amazing.  On par with Amarra Luxe, and very close to HQP, yet more functional than either.

Here are Copy_Of_A’s EQ recommendations.  I did boost the low shelf a little bit.

get this very nice and very, very good free EQ:
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

activate the filters I, II and III

set Filter I to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 60Hz
Gain: 0.3db

(see attachment 01)

set Filter II to:
low shelf (the symbol above the Q button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 360Hz
Gain: 0.5db

(see attachment 02)

set Filter III to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.85
Freq: 3.2kHz (=3200Hz)
Gain: -0.2db

(see attachment 03)

out gain (bottom right): -5db

This should get you close to something you might like…

For somewhat bolder bass increase the gain of Filter II (leave Filter I and Filter III as they are for the time being).

But don't overdo ...

If it’s still too bright decrease the gain in Filter III (start with -0.5db ... but I wouldn’t go lower than -1db).”

Thanks for this advice, the sound of my system is indeed more natural with this tip.

I definitely like this enhancement.

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

v3.5.9 - Getting very unexpected digital-squibbly type noise at the start of .DSF or DSD iso files.  In prior versions it was maybe just an audible click or two.  Nothing as intrusive as this.  Tried using DSD/PCM v1.0 and 1.1 and same noises.

Anyone experience this?

1 hour ago, Dinamoe said:

v3.5.9 - Getting very unexpected digital-squibbly type noise at the start of .DSF or DSD iso files.  In prior versions it was maybe just an audible click or two.  Nothing as intrusive as this.  Tried using DSD/PCM v1.0 and 1.1 and same noises.

Anyone experience this?

try to activate/reactivate "Mute during sample rate change" in "Low level playback Options" under Dac configuration (in Audirvana of course)

Stefano

My audio system

Aloha Damien (or anyone else),

I have the latest version and am experiencing a consistent problem with Tidal.  When playing a MQA album, if I skip a track, or go back to a previous track using the A+ transport, A+ always crashes.  This is with using the desktop or remote transport.  If I play the exact same album, but the none MQA version, the transport operates like normal, with no crashing.

It appears is connected to AU units being able to be altered in real time.  If I disable real time, but leave the AU active, no crashing.

Any ideas for a fix?  

Thanks

Greetings - Can't argue with the great audio quality of 3.5.x  But with previous versions I've gotten used to iTunes integrated mode for various reasons (eg. easy "live" metadata editing, the handy A+ volume knob with mini-player placed just above the iTunes floating mini-player in lower right corner of my screen) but especially my preference for global shuffle - this compatibility is broken in 3.5 integrated mode.  Audirvana plays straight through a single album independently of iTunes shuffle preference, even though the iTunes mini-player shows a different, random track is playing. Does this make sense? I've tried all sorts of trouble shooting without success.  Any suggestions?  thanks, Jim

Database migration from Audirvana plus 3.2.16 to Audirvana 3.5.9  (OS X) goes well, all albums/tracks are there.

However, when in Audirvana 3.5, adding new albums to the database (manual sync) all new albums are added, but old entries in the database vanish right at the start of sync.

I have Audirvana 3.5 running on 2 Mac mini’s 2018 with different databases. On both this problem of vanishing entries exists.

For this reason version 3.5 is of no use to me as long as this problem is not solved.

Hello all,

I am running MacOS 10.9.5 on an older iMac just for audirvana purposes

i am running A+ 3.2.15 with direct mode (no need for the fix)

my question is it worth upgrading the macos to 10.11 to be able to install audirvana 3.5?

i understand I could use the fix for direct mode, but I’m using 10.9.5 because it seems anything past that and the iMac becomes so slow it’s almost unusable. 

Is is there that much of a significant sound quality increase from 3.2.15 to 3.5 to merit updating the OS in your opinion ?

44 minutes ago, mikeypas said:

Hello all,

I am running MacOS 10.9.5 on an older iMac just for audirvana purposes

i am running A+ 3.2.15 with direct mode (no need for the fix)

my question is it worth upgrading the macos to 10.11 to be able to install audirvana 3.5?

i understand I could use the fix for direct mode, but I’m using 10.9.5 because it seems anything past that and the iMac becomes so slow it’s almost unusable. 

Is is there that much of a significant sound quality increase from 3.2.15 to 3.5 to merit updating the OS in your opinion ?

a good friend who's a developer informed me that Mojave actually did wonders for his very old macbook pro,
meaning the OS is friendlier for older machines than say a Sierra

this is anecdotal and I have no proof of this - but you may want to investigate 
i am on old hardware that's maxed out on High Sierra

so - to confirm - we still don't have an answer to this iTunes playlist / import issue?
i feel bad because i barely used my Audirvana during the trial period - i'm sure it will run out soon

and meanwhile i'm not willing to shell out 75bucks if it can't handle a basic alphabetic or numeric sort on a specific column

thanks,

a.r.

There's a switch in the preferences to sort playlists using the same criteria as for tracks. Don't know if that will help or make things worse in your particular situation.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I am attempting to use Audirvana 3.5.9 to play Qobuz from my iMac to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC via USB.  When the track starts playing all I hear is a couple of clicks and then nothing, although the track appears to still be playing. Audirvana plays just fine when I airplay to my AppleTV.  Also, I can play Qobuz directly to the SGCD via USB without going thru Audirvana with no problem. I must be missing a setting.  Can someone help?

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

9 hours ago, Jud said:

There's a switch in the preferences to sort playlists using the same criteria as for tracks.

Yes, that makes playlists sortable. But track view in the search window still remains not sortable. How one can find the right track this way if search result e. g. contains 280 tracks unsorted?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

I have found a couple of minor errors in Audirvana 3.5. They can be seen in the Spanish translation version. I have made a couple of screen captures to show them:

cap01.png: The label "Listas de reproducción" (Playlists) is too wide to be shown. Its far too long in Spanish that in English. It should be taken into account. Besides, I don't like that "PISTAS"  is all un uppercase, "álbumes" all in lowercase and "Listas  de reproducción" is in first uppercase only. I think a homogeneous style would be more appropiated. Particularly, I like first uppercase style.

cap02.png: The word "CONECCIONES" is mispelled, the correct term is "CONEXIONES".

cap01.png

cap02.png

4 hours ago, Nico said:

Yes, that makes playlists sortable. But track view in the search window still remains not sortable. How one can find the right track this way if search result e. g. contains 280 tracks unsorted?

I haven't had the opportunity to experience the same problem, since finding tracks in the complete sorted track listing is easy for me without searching, and when I do search it is for albums or artists. (I have about 7 or 8 criteria for the track listing, and have experimented with the order of the criteria until it works very well for me.) So I have never had to go through a long list of unordered track search results.

I am sorry I could not be more helpful.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

58 minutes ago, Jud said:

I haven't had the opportunity to experience the same problem, since finding tracks in the complete sorted track listing is easy for me without searching, and when I do search it is for albums or artists. (I have about 7 or 8 criteria for the track listing, and have experimented with the order of the criteria until it works very well for me.) So I have never had to go through a long list of unordered track search results.

I am sorry I could not be more helpful.

@damien78

Well, needs or workflows are different. I don't work with albums, I am engaged with tracks. Often I have to search tracks containing a specific word, then a complete library list is really not helpful.

I have quite a lot of experience with databases - all are sortable after search, including A+ 3.2.x, iTunes ....

Sorting is part of the search action.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Often I have to search tracks containing a specific word, then a complete library list is really not helpful.

So would this be, for example, wanting to find a particular version of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," and coming up with 280 tracks containing Jesu/Jesus?

I am relatively new to AS and need help.  Using Mohave 10.14.5 and the latest update of Audirvana, 3.5.9.  When I click play for a song the optimization process starts, the INT and SysOpt comes on, and the grey bar starts moving right normally.  But, the grey stops short of the right end,  reaching 70-90% of the way before stopping.  Music will not start.   The Mohave update to 10.14.5 made no difference. No tracts play. 

Is there a setting somewhere that I missed?

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.