IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi, 

This is my first post here, it's great reading the discussions.

I've been using Audirvana for several years, and d/l vers. 3.5.9 the day it was released. Love the sound. While I really like the new look overall - and great mini player view - I want to point out a couple of things, including a consistent CRASH.

My system: 2010 mac mini, 2.4ghz, maxed w 16GB memory, running El Cap. Audirvana setup is simple, using built-in output direct to my receiver, no DAC. I do not use Itunes integration or Tidal, nor do I use playlists. I use album view, separated by genres. My library is on an external hdd, using usb 2.0. Here are the issues:

1. Tagging crashes: I don't do much tagging in Audirvana (usually use Meta tagger), but I noticed some things were not tagged correctly (Genre and/or Grouping), and every time I try to change a tag, Audirvana ends up 1) hanging when I hit the back button to return to the library view, so I have to force quit, or 2) it crashes on it's own.  I saved the latest Apple crash report, not sure how to get it to Damien if interested.

2. Dragging & dropping music to the queue: When I already have music in the queue and I want to drag an album in manually (maybe about 10-20% of the time), I cannot drag it to the end of the queue. It can only be placed in the penultimate position, then the last song of the original album in the queue ends up at the bottom, and i have to drag it back up. See photo below, the last Blakey song gets pushed down by the just-added Coltrane album. This is because there is no "empty row" at the bottom of the queue to place the new music. Interestingly, it works fine if I just drag the new album into the dock icon. 

3: Expand All /Collapse All: I mostly browse through my collection by genre, some of which are pretty big. As soon as i scroll down, the Expand All / Collapse All buttons disappear. It takes a good amount of scrolling to get back up to find the Collapse All button. Couldn't these buttons be put in a permanently viewable spot like in version 3.2? Maybe next to the "filters" button for example? It would be much more efficient.

Also, I think a general "Library" view button would be great addition too. Am I the only one who gets lost between all fwd & back button views? 

Anyhow, thanks to Damien for all the hard work.

179004452_Audirvanawindow.thumb.jpg.fcb266b8238ee695213f6d310f004091.jpg

57 minutes ago, Peacenik said:

This is because there is no "empty row" at the bottom of the queue to place the new music.

Possibly related, the Play Queue icon shows the number of tracks remaining unplayed, but never counts down to zero. After all tracks have played it still shows "1" forever (or at least until you select something else to play).

59 minutes ago, Peacenik said:

Am I the only one who gets lost between all fwd & back button views? 

NO! Browser style is great for browsing the internet, but not an improvement for a database. I much preferred the previous versions' way of displaying the tracks within an album with an "X" to close the track view. Also continuing to display adjacent album covers in the same size and position regardless of whether you're looking at one album's tracks or not.

1 hour ago, Sumo said:

Wow! Great sound with new 3.5 version.   But also wow are there bugs everywhere.  Loss of proper iTunes integrated mode functionality is a deal breaker for me.  Sticking with 3.2.16 for the time being.  Sigh.

Same here. Great sound but the duplication of tracks was the deal breaker for me. I went back to 3.2.16 .

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

On 5/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, glassetcher said:

I am attempting to use Audirvana 3.5.9 to play Qobuz from my iMac to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC via USB.  When the track starts playing all I hear is a couple of clicks and then nothing, although the track appears to still be playing. Audirvana plays just fine when I airplay to my AppleTV.  Also, I can play Qobuz directly to the SGCD via USB without going thru Audirvana with no problem. I must be missing a setting.  Can someone help?

OK, think I found the solution, for me at least.  Someone suggested about power of 2 not working. That wasn’t the option, but it got me experimenting with some of the other settings. I was beginning to think there are thousands of permutations of settings, and this may be a lost cause. However, I stumbled across the Low Level Playback settings and discovered if I turned on the Exclusive Access option, I got music! With that on it also opened an Integer Mode option. That’s the one that has to be off for music to flow. Now I will have to play with some of the other options to see if it can be tweaked. At least I now have Audirvana via USB playing on the SGCD! 

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

Today I returned to 3.2.16. 
That program works as it should be.
Why not bring all the good things to 3.5.9?

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

Not sure what I’m missing but all the filter settings are ghosted out for me? Upsampling is deactivated and can’t be changed. 

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

I'm sure you did this, but just in case...did you actually stop playback and not just pause it?  Playback must be fully stopped to make any changes.  Just a thought......

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

40 minutes ago, glassetcher said:

I'm sure you did this, but just in case...did you actually stop playback and not just pause it?  Playback must be fully stopped to make any changes.  Just a thought......

Oh crap! That was it duh! Thanks 

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

Yeah, that has tripped me up a couple of times too......

AUDIRVANA FORUM

There is an official Audirvana forum. Is it not better to move all to this forum?
Questions and answers are combined in a treath and it seems to me that @damien78 has a much better complete survey of all the problems.

You will find the Audirvana forum here: https://audirvana.com/forums/index.php

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.

sonos-amp.jpg

16 hours ago, Marten said:

Today I returned to 3.2.16. 
That program works as it should be.
Why not bring all the good things to 3.5.9?

Marten, sorry to hear you returned to version 3.2.16. I thought Damien did solve your problems. Perhaps you should ask him again to take a look. Although certainly not perfect yet, I will stay with 3.5.9. I love the sound and almost have no problems. Audirvana is constantly reading my ITunes Music map on my NAS (option 1). Last week I got some duplicated tracks, but only two albums.

7 hours ago, jos said:

Marten, sorry to hear you returned to version 3.2.16. I thought Damien did solve your problems. Perhaps you should ask him again to take a look. Although certainly not perfect yet, I will stay with 3.5.9. I love the sound and almost have no problems. Audirvana is constantly reading my ITunes Music map on my NAS (option 1). Last week I got some duplicated tracks, but only two albums.

Jos,
Thank you for your answer.
I just gave him a new try. I contacted Damien and found a solution by myself.
Deleted a NAS drive and added it again. Now he is indexing.
It cost me too much time, because I want listen too music.

sonos-amp.jpg

12 hours ago, sebassie said:

And the database is still a mess.

I had to look in the dictonary what ' a mess' means, because English is not my language, but I can't agree with you.
I had problems with the database but at the moment it is ok. And I'm a heavy user with more than 12000 albums:-)
There are still a few bugs, but in general the program works good now.

I do nothing with the BUILT IN OUTPUT because I only use my Apple Airport.

sonos-amp.jpg

12 hours ago, bnbayer said:

The play queue icon in 3.5.10 still shows one track remaining to play, even though all tracks have been completed.

First stop playing and then you will see an empty playlist. 

sonos-amp.jpg