IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

My wife's phone was stolen, so we just got a new one. She is set up on my Apple ID for Family Sharing and App Store Purchase Sharing. The A+ iOS app still wants $13.99 for her. I'm pretty sure she had the app on her old phone without us paying twice. How do we get this back?

(Yes, the old phone was remotely locked and the SIM card has been disabled by the phone company.)

Found not too stable either, even when refreshing cover albums view, the music could stutter (not always), clicking a long playlist is long and music playing could buzz and stutter, look like the covers are not cache ever, and music is not cached also since i'm not using plugins, upsampling or Direct Mode hack...and song is all loaded in a second at beginning... didn't try to unplug my Hard drive to see if the song still play after... Mmmm

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 hours ago, bnbayer said:

My wife's phone was stolen, so we just got a new one. She is set up on my Apple ID for Family Sharing and App Store Purchase Sharing. The A+ iOS app still wants $13.99 for her. I'm pretty sure she had the app on her old phone without us paying twice. How do we get this back?

(Yes, the old phone was remotely locked and the SIM card has been disabled by the phone company.)

On the new phone, you log into the App store with your Apple ID.  Then you should be able to download already purchased items: Apps -> Account (icon in top right corner)  --> Purchased.

(Did you use Find My Device and erase the phone?)

mQa is dead!

37 minutes ago, lucretius said:

On the new phone, you log into the App store with your Apple ID.  Then you should be able to download already purchased items: Apps -> Account (icon in top right corner)  --> Purchased.

That was the first thing we did. A+ was the only app that didn't recognise Family Sharing.

4 hours ago, bnbayer said:

That was the first thing we did. A+ was the only app that didn't recognise Family Sharing.

You may then want to check this with Apple support as A+ Remote is indeed Family sharing enabled, as you can see on its AppStore page: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-remote/id1008281758

image.thumb.png.49fda3786d482ff3084d733230b760f8.png

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 5/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, 6aardvark9 said:

A couple of weeks ago when I originally upgraded to 3.5, I observed a very strange phenomenon where A+ could not decide whether a USB audio device was attached or not, and was constantly switching between internal audio device and the USB attached Mutec MC3+ (and therefore not playing any music).  I rolled back to 3.2.16, no issues whatsoever...  I recently upgraded again to 3.5.7, and this has been working fine for a few days, until the same issue started again.  Rolling back to 3.2.16 makes the problem disappear.  I don't believe this is a hardware issue, but something related to software communication with the USB output... ideas anyone?

On a side note, I had to wait for several iterations of the Mohave OS update before I could use it, the initial Mohave update from High Sierra left me with 'no audio devices detected', including the internal audio device... maybe my MacBook is 'special'??

2015 MacBook Pro, 2.something GHz i7 quad core, 16Gb Ram

Still running 3.2.16 seamlessly, reluctant to move to 3.5 due to the issue highlighted in my previous post... has anything changed between 3.2.x and 3.5.x in the way A+ is coded to interact with the drivers/hardware?

2015 MacBook Pro > SOtM tX-USBultra > Mutec MC3+USB > Chord Blu Mk2 > Chord Dave > ATC SIA2-150/P1/P2 > ATC SCM50 PSLT

@damien78

Why I have to re-enter my License Key from time to time? Maybe 7 times now since release of 3.5. In this period I never deleted the preferences or other system files of AV.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

On 5/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, DancingSea said:

Here’s a report on my Audirvana journey.  Going back to 2.6, A+ has always sounded too bright to me, no matter what I’ve tried, including Tube Saturator plugins that cost more the A+ itself.  3.5 fell into the same boat.  I’ve always preferred Amarra Luxe and HQP.

I recently swapped out my DH Labs T14 (silver) speaker cables for Audioquest Rocket 33’s (copper), and added a REL subwoofer.  Got better for A+, but still not quite there.  Then a few days ago I followed some EQ settings Copy_Of_A gave me almost a year ago.  All of that combined has A+ sounding amazing.  On par with Amarra Luxe, and very close to HQP, yet more functional than either.

Here are Copy_Of_A’s EQ recommendations.  I did boost the low shelf a little bit.

get this very nice and very, very good free EQ:
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

activate the filters I, II and III

set Filter I to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 60Hz
Gain: 0.3db

(see attachment 01)

set Filter II to:
low shelf (the symbol above the Q button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 360Hz
Gain: 0.5db

(see attachment 02)

set Filter III to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.85
Freq: 3.2kHz (=3200Hz)
Gain: -0.2db

(see attachment 03)

out gain (bottom right): -5db

This should get you close to something you might like…

For somewhat bolder bass increase the gain of Filter II (leave Filter I and Filter III as they are for the time being).

But don't overdo ...

If it’s still too bright decrease the gain in Filter III (start with -0.5db ... but I wouldn’t go lower than -1db).”

Many moons ago I was doing this too; endless tuning to get the sound right and it was needed, but then I bought my present loudspeakers (Revel F208) and amp (Yamaha A-S2100) and everything sounded right without the use of an equaliser and so on. So, I think, with the right equipment you don’t need any sound-tuning at all, IMHO.

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

You may then want to check this with Apple support as A+ Remote is indeed Family sharing enabled, as you can see on its AppStore page: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-remote/id1008281758

image.thumb.png.49fda3786d482ff3084d733230b760f8.png

Does it just count AppleID's for the maximum of 6? Or is it also counting the number of devices? (including stolen or long-replaced phones and iPads?) Over the years, we might well have had six devices with the app installed.

Bug Report:

1- Leave any tracks active in the play queue:

642915257_Playqueue.thumb.jpg.850459b050dff4b7fd504c1358f968d6.jpg

2- Perform a library sync (method #1 - accessed from the "gear" icon, upper right corner).

3- Your library file which includes these same tracks will be corrupted with duplication:

Library.thumb.jpg.67e5372b1efe66cd565d2bf7adcae949.jpg

I can do this consistently.

4- You have to close Audirvana enter finder (~ Library/ Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite) and trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2:

AudirvanPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite.jpg.195ade83b0aacaef8e85a09ea35239c6.jpg

5- When you reopen Audirvana you asked to migrate your library. This then fixes the duplication:

970360399_FixedLibrary.thumb.jpg.39a71f8d9098c60188f7be0189c56d73.jpg

Apologies if this bug has been reported in the previous 36 pages.

I keep A+Remote open on my iPad if that has anything to do with anything.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

23 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Bug Report:

1- Leave any tracks active in the play queue:

642915257_Playqueue.thumb.jpg.850459b050dff4b7fd504c1358f968d6.jpg

2- Perform a library sync (method #1 - accessed from the "gear" icon, upper right corner).

3- Your library file which includes these same tracks will be corrupted with duplication:

Library.thumb.jpg.67e5372b1efe66cd565d2bf7adcae949.jpg

I can do this consistently.

4- You have to close Audirvana enter finder (~ Library/ Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite) and trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2:

AudirvanPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite.jpg.195ade83b0aacaef8e85a09ea35239c6.jpg

5- When you reopen Audirvana you asked to migrate your library. This then fixes the duplication:

970360399_FixedLibrary.thumb.jpg.39a71f8d9098c60188f7be0189c56d73.jpg

Apologies if this bug has been reported in the previous 36 pages.

I keep A+Remote open on my iPad if that has anything to do with anything.

Is it a bug that syncing with a database/library that is in use at the time causes corruption? My own feeling is that this isn't a bug and syncing should be done while the database is not in use.  But I am not Damien,.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

21 minutes ago, Jud said:

Is it a bug that syncing with a database/library that is in use at the time causes corruption? My own feeling is that this isn't a bug and syncing should be done while the database is not in use.  But I am not Damien,.

Depends on what your definition of "in use" is.

In my case, I opened A+, and added some items from my library to the play queue. I then went searching for new items to add, realized that I needed to sync them to see them and that was how the the duplication occurred.

I'm not convinced that my use of Audirvana is out of the ordinary and therefore consider it a bug. @damien78 ???

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

17 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I'm not sure how you all are using A+ to have all these problems. I am using it with zero problems in 10.14.5 with Direct Mode enabled and sounding awesome!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.07.30 PM.png

Which is why I documented exactly what I was doing, stepwise with attachments.

If I can replicate my "bug" consistently and you can't, then I need to know what is at fault with my setup.

@AudioDoctor : my sentiments exactly- HOW can there be so many problems and nitpicking?? As I have said before as has AudioDoctor and others we are of the KISS school- I myself don't do a fraction( more like a nanofraction) of what y'all are complaining about-just enjoy the music y'all have everything you need at your fingertips TIDAL/Qobuz/your own playlists from TIDAL&QOBUZ and Spotify-Deezer via Soundiz/ your iTunes library- stop complaining and nitpicking and ENJOY!

19 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@AudioDoctor : my sentiments exactly- HOW can there be so many problems and nitpicking?? As I have said before as has AudioDoctor and others we are of the KISS school- I myself don't do a fraction( more like a nanofraction) of what y'all are complaining about-just enjoy the music y'all have everything you need at your fingertips TIDAL/Qobuz/your own playlists from TIDAL&QOBUZ and Spotify-Deezer via Soundiz/ your iTunes library- stop complaining and nitpicking and ENJOY!

alright - i'll bite...

Whereas i'm fully willing to admit that i maybe doing something wrong - this is why i came here - figuring at least i had a shot here, since i see the developer responding to stuff sometimes (unlike clicking the Contact button and filling out and submitting the email on the Audirvana website which is basically piped to /dev/null)

If you're going to add features and not support them, I suggest not adding  those features in the first place and save everyone some time.

Let us not mention that this is $75. Now to the Audio universe of Roon-users, this maybe chump-change, but this is considerably more than any other software I'd be paying for (or even paid for in the past year). So yes, I'm sorry if I want it to work a certain way for my money. How ridiculous of me.

I suspect there were some CD users who probably told the earliest digital music adopters to stop complaining and nitpicking and just enjoy their CDs :)

Thanks for adding absolutely no value whatsoever in your above post other than antagonizing people who are trying to genuinely find help.

48 minutes ago, tomm said:

I am referring to the difference between the old interface in which e.g. you could see all the options in settings without scrolling, you had great colum style browser etc, and the new interface in which you have to scroll to find anything, anything is unnecessarily large and there is load of wasted space.

+1 same opinion here.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

stop complaining and nitpicking and ENJOY

I suggest we shut down this forum. There's no need for a discussion group if diverse opinions are not welcome, and suggestions or requests for improvements (or restoration of features/functions from earlier versions) are just "complaining and nitpicking".

@damien78 Please give us an option to hide the mini album browser. Please also remove the tag editor bar to the right (the tag button can be moved up next to the settings button). And please implement an option to decrease the space around text/columns (maybe a small/medium/large option). I have nothing against the new "Spotification" of the GUI, but everything takes too much space. A 24" monitor feels insufficient, I can just imagine how it is on a 13" MacBook screen. Merci!

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 21.46.46.png

1 hour ago, abulr said:

alright - i'll bite...

Whereas i'm fully willing to admit that i maybe doing something wrong - this is why i came here - figuring at least i had a shot here, since i see the developer responding to stuff sometimes (unlike clicking the Contact button and filling out and submitting the email on the Audirvana website which is basically piped to /dev/null)

If you're going to add features and not support them, I suggest not adding  those features in the first place and save everyone some time.

Let us not mention that this is $75. Now to the Audio universe of Roon-users, this maybe chump-change, but this is considerably more than any other software I'd be paying for (or even paid for in the past year). So yes, I'm sorry if I want it to work a certain way for my money. How ridiculous of me.

I suspect there were some CD users who probably told the earliest digital music adopters to stop complaining and nitpicking and just enjoy their CDs :)

Thanks for adding absolutely no value whatsoever in your above post other than antagonizing people who are trying to genuinely find help.

I would be happy to help, but I looked at your previous post regarding Audirvana and saw your question was about using it with iTunes, which I don't do. So unfortunately I'm unable to provide any suggestions.

You're certainly not wrong for wanting the application to work conveniently for you, and I hope someone who has it working well with iTunes will be able to help you.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

50 minutes ago, Jud said:

I would be happy to help, but I looked at your previous post regarding Audirvana and saw your question was about using it with iTunes, which I don't do. So unfortunately I'm unable to provide any suggestions.

You're certainly not wrong for wanting the application to work conveniently for you, and I hope someone who has it working well with iTunes will be able to help you.

thank you for your response,

currently, it *does* work with iTunes but it's not getting any updates (changes to iTunes playlists are no longer being updated within A+ even after i do a lengthy 20-30min re-sync)

if someone tells me that using the "Legacy iTunes player" is exactly the same from an SQ perspective then I am happy to stick to that route, for now, while the new version is being updated

not being able to sort a playlist makes it unusable and makes finding things difficult

a.r.