IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 minutes ago, alandbush said:

I think you'll find that they are terminating the HiFi monthly sub 'today', resulting in a partial refund.

Then from 'today', your new monthly Studio sub begins less the refund.

In effect you are paying 10.16 for the first month before reverting to the normal full price.

My math on this looks as follows:

Paid ahead for 8 Jul - 8 Aug: EUR 19,99
today, 16-7, I've used 8 days of that, 23 days to go. So:
used: 19,99 * (8/31) = 5,16
unused: 19,99 - 5,16 = 14,83

Upgrade to Studio: EUR 5 /month (actually 23/31* 5 for 23 days, but let's forget about that, let's say EUR 5.)

So, now I have to pay 10,16 which is this 5 euro upgrade + 5,16 euro that I've used the past 8 days. Makes 10,16.

But this 5,16 euro, I've already paid that as part of the 19,99. I shouldn't have to pay that again. The upgrade should cost me 5 euros (or 23/31*5 euros), not 10,16.

Am I overlooking something in my reasoning?... 

4 minutes ago, Jacco said:.

Am I overlooking something in my reasoning?... 

Yes, the Studio sub is for a month starting the 16 July to 16 Aug, i.e. 24.99 minus 14.83 resulting in the 10.16 charge.

This is an educated guess, but I'll apologise now if I'm incorrect.

2 hours ago, alandbush said:

Yes, the Studio sub is for a month starting the 16 July to 16 Aug, i.e. 24.99 minus 14.83 resulting in the 10.16 charge.

This is an educated guess, but I'll apologise now if I'm incorrect.

Educated guess or not, that actually makes sense. So, there's a refund for the non-used part of the hifi subscription, and/but the Studio subscription is to be paid for the full month even if you switch in the middle of the month. (So, the cheapest choice is to switch on the day of monthly renewal.)

30 minutes ago, Jacco said:

Educated guess or not, that actually makes sense. So, there's a refund for the non-used part of the hifi subscription,

Correct

and/but the Studio subscription is to be paid for the full month

Correct

even if you switch in the middle of the month.

It is irrelevant when the switch is made. You start a new monthly sub.

i.e. Studio will run from 16July to 16Aug NOT 16July to 8Aug

30 minutes ago, Jacco said:

(So, the cheapest choice is to switch on the day of monthly renewal.)

I do not see a difference in cost dependent on when you switch.

Please accept my apologies for being imprecise with my explanation.
Hopefully, the above comments will be clearer.

I am sure this must be in your terms and conditions.

If still in doubt, I'm sure customer service will be able to help 

1 hour ago, Jacco said:

Educated guess or not, that actually makes sense. So, there's a refund for the non-used part of the hifi subscription, and/but the Studio subscription is to be paid for the full month even if you switch in the middle of the month. (So, the cheapest choice is to switch on the day of monthly renewal.)

Perhaps the billing cycle starts on the day of the purchase not at the end of the month. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps the billing cycle starts on the day of the purchase not at the end of the month. 

I don't know when it starts, but I know when it ends, haha.

Exactly on the day they say it will in the email they send you, at 12:00:01 am

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, Jacco said:

7 hours ago, alandbush said:

Please accept my apologies for being imprecise with my explanation.
Hopefully, the above comments will be clearer.

I am sure this must be in your terms and conditions.

If still in doubt, I'm sure customer service will be able to help 

Sure you are right in your posts on this issue. I have done something similar with them a while back when they repriced Sublime and it was as you suggest. 

To the OP - their pro rata approach ensures that you are not paying any more than you ‘should’ just by upgrading. 

to take your point re ‘cheapest’ literally. 
- the cheapest option is to cancel all subscriptions and walk away :) but you lose the service :( 

- there second cheapest option is not to upgrade at all but you miss out on the improved studio features :( 

- upgrading on the day you received the email was the way to get the cheapest first month’s subscription (because refund was bigger.)

- but its a moot point because the cost per day/per month of the new subscription remains the same regardless. So if you think the studio features are worth the price then upgrade and enjoy. 
- the cheapest way to enjoy any subscription used to be to pay annually and you got 12 mths for the price of 11 I think but can’t see that anywhere on the www site but maybe missed it. That’s how I have been doing the sublime + plan. I look it mentally as Buying a year of music and the cheapest way to do it, but that just helps me get past the months card bill :) 

the short answer is to for it and enjoy your music :) 

Thank you all for your replies, I now see how it all fits together. It was all there in an earlier reply by alandbush:

I think you'll find that they are terminating the HiFi monthly sub 'today', resulting in a partial refund.

Then from 'today', your new monthly Studio sub begins less the refund.

In effect you are paying 10.16 for the first month before reverting to the normal full price.

This is what I overlooked or didn't understand, and that is what caused my doubt. But this clears it all up: I'm refunded for the unused part of my HIFI sub, and *from today* a *new* Studio sub starts at the regular price (not ending when the HIFI sub would have ended, but ending/renewing in 30/31 days). So then indeed one never pays more than one should. I totally missed the "a new period starts", so I thought I would be billed double for part of a month.

Despite this probably being in their terms and conditions, it would really have helped if Qobuz would just have added ending date for old sub and starting date (including showing that it's for a full month) on the renewal page. Would have saved me some confusion, and would have saved you all the time to reply to my question.

Again, thank you all for the replies, I'm going for an upgrade, back to enjoying music (even more than before). 

https://play.qobuz.com/album/a3qbivaw3b70b

Ole Bull Violin Concertos

FYI, Roon reports this as an "MQA 24/352.8" file and it's software decoder converts it to 24/88.2.

Qobuz should label it as MQA so someone who buys it knows what they are buying. Or, they should try and substitute a non MQA version.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This is a billing issue I have had which has led to a poor customer service experience so far.  If it belongs in its own thread I can repost.

In Nov 2019 I paid for an annual sub @ $149.99 via Paypal.  From Jan - June 2020 I was also charged $14.99 by Qobuz. I have no idea why and why beginning in Jan.  I didn't analyze my Paypal statement for half a year so I missed this until June.  I usually only line item through accounts a few times a year.  I cancelled the auto pay through Paypal so the monthly charge stopped.  I'm now trying to get compensated for the past 6 months of monthly billing.  I even told the customer rep, Sebastien at Qobuz, that I'd be ok with converting that refund as part of a family plan for the year.  No reply to that offer.

When I contacted Qobuz support via email a month ago I provided Paypal statements.  Sebastien at Qobuz replies "we can find no evidence of your monthly billing".  Well, I provided my Paypal statements which includes the Transaction ID, Invoice ID and Purchase order numbers.  It clearly states I'm being charged by Xandrie USA d/b/a Qobuz USA.

Hopefully this gets resolved and soon. What bothers me the most is their nonchalant and less than helpful communication.

My issue with Qobuz is that the service is not available in Australia, it seems that it is mainly a northern hemisphere thing. Their geoblocking seems comprehensive. Very frustrating, as I have just splashed out and replaced my normal DAC with an Auralic Vega G1 and I was looking forward to hires streaming other than Tidal MQA. 

2ch: LP12/Mober DC/Ittok/DVxx2 MK2, Auralic Aries G2.1, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Oppo BDP95, ME25, Pass Labs XP22, Pass Labs X260.8, MG3.7iR, Sangean WFT-3D

3 hours ago, rando said:

Your complaint lies with the entities in control of licensing said music for streaming.  At some point you will butt up against your national laws governing business practices like streaming services as well.

Yes, I am aware of that, it just gives me the irrits.

Geoblocking, where there is no local alternative, just craps me off. It’s not as if we are trying to rip them off, we want to pay for a service. Goes for Qobuz and some Hi-Res download sites like HDTracks.

2ch: LP12/Mober DC/Ittok/DVxx2 MK2, Auralic Aries G2.1, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Oppo BDP95, ME25, Pass Labs XP22, Pass Labs X260.8, MG3.7iR, Sangean WFT-3D

3 hours ago, m_j_s said:

Geoblocking, where there is no local alternative, just craps me off. It’s not as if we are trying to rip them off, we want to pay for a service. Goes for Qobuz and some Hi-Res download sites like HDTracks.

There was a lot of this when North American subscribers with French Qobuz accounts started getting them blocked in anticipation of establishing service in the US.  Not in Canada or Mexico, only the US.  Then US residents decided they especially didn't like the catalog licensed for streaming here anywhere near as much as the mature European one with much that would never make it here.  

There really is nothing Qobuz can do other than follow international laws and the regulations enforced by nations they operate in.

I recently began using Qobuz and appreciate the leap in SQ over Spotify. I am able to connect to my Cambridge CXN v2 using the Qobuz app on my iPhone 11. However, after some random amount of time, it seems to disconnect from the app while Qobuz carries on playing, ignoring my phone. The only way to "regain control" is by disconnecting and starting over. This is obviously pretty disruptive to a listening session.

This occurs on both my iphone and ipad. I have set my phone to never sleep or auto-lock, to no avail. I've tried it with three different streamers (all connected via ethernet) and the same thing always happens so I don't think the fault lies there. So, I don't know if I have a Qobuz issue, a Chromecast issue or an ios issue. Spotify Connect works perfectly fwiw. 

I've seen a similar issue touched on earlier in this thread but didn't see that there has been any resolution. Is there anyone here who has had the same problem and solved it?

Have you tried using a Qobuz supporting UPnP/DLNA controller app with the CXN instead of the Qobuz app, eg mconnect Player (free Lite version available for testing, special HD version with enhanced landscape display for use on the iPad or Android tablets).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I get the Albums display (as well as the Songs, Biography & Similar Artists displays) with no issues after selecting the Artist from the search result in the Qobuz LMS app - tested with the latest LMS (8.0.0 - 1596004420) & Qobuz 3rd party LMS plugin (v2.4.0),  both on an RPi 2B under the DietPi distro and on a Windows 10 laptop; using LMS's built-in Web Interface controller (both Default and Material Skin are ok).

Similarly, none of Qobuz's own apps have the problem you mention.

Are you also using LMS's Web Interface controller or a different, ie, a third party Squeezebox controller app (if so, which one)?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 7/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, m_j_s said:

That's why it is very important to keep supporting physical formats, which can't be restricted by region. I'm buying more CDs and LPs than ever.

Found the source of my problem. piCorePlayer had lost it's proper date & time settings. After I reset the system time, everything started working properly again. I now have a cron job to make sure it stays set correctly. I'd also check it before stating LMS, if the Pi has been rebooted for any reason.

A lot of Robert Rich albums will only play a limited number of tracks (particularly annoying since many of these tracks have continuous segues intended for uninterrupted playback).

Titles include:Offering to the Morning Fog, Tactile Ground, Flood Expeditions (all three volumes), Outpost, Numena + Geometry.

Some albums only play one or two tracks, some play all but one, some will not play any tracks in the list.

On a related note, it would be nice to see a genre for New Age in addition to the twelve genres listed in Qobuz.

And for the record, I am streaming with Audirvana so I'm not sure if these issues apply to streaming with the Qobuz app (I gave up on using the Windows Qobuz app long ago because it seems like the bugs were never getting fixed).

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

HI,

I'm new to Qobuz and was wondering if anyone has been able to get the DLNA/UPNP to work?  I have a couple denon devices I would love to use.  I was able to get them to work with the mconnect and audirvana but I actually like the desktop app too but cant seem to get that to work. 

Also is the qobuz carplay app unable to stream songs?  I only see a few available to play.  Guessing maybe the carplay functionality is limited to downloads only.  Thanks 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, JACKUIOWA said:

HI,

I'm new to Qobuz and was wondering if anyone has been able to get the DLNA/UPNP to work?  I have a couple denon devices I would love to use.  I was able to get them to work with the mconnect and audirvana but I actually like the desktop app too but cant seem to get that to work. 

Also is the qobuz carplay app unable to stream songs?  I only see a few available to play.  Guessing maybe the carplay functionality is limited to downloads only.  Thanks 

Some have DLNA/UPnP it working; most do not. If you turned it on in the desktop app (Account > Music Playing > Listening Preferences) then you've seen the note that it's a beta, may not work correctly, and will benefit from your emailed reports. It may help them to know exactly which Denon devices you have there.

If you search this topic for "Carplay" you'll find that it is very much still in "beta" too. All we can do is report the issues here and directly to Qobuz Support, and hope for the best.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.