IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

Cornan:

What do think is the largest gauge of wire + Kemet lead that will fit into the LT3045 screw-in terminal? I want to order some better hookup wire than I have been using, something like Neotech Solid, maybe 14 gauge or so?

Thanks!

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

28 minutes ago, rah50 said:

Cornan:

What do think is the largest gauge of wire + Kemet lead that will fit into the LT3045 screw-in terminal? I want to order some better hookup wire than I have been using, something like Neotech Solid, maybe 14 gauge or so?

Thanks!

I think 14awg is somewhere right if you do not want to sweat too much when fitting the wire into the screw terminal. Neotech solid is definately a good choise IMO!

Tip! When using solid wire you can insert the wire and tighten the screws (and loosen them) before inserting the Kemet. It will flatten the solid wire a bit and make more room for Kemet’s pins. 

🎛️  Audio System  

38 minutes ago, rah50 said:

Cornan:

Thanks!

I'm using 12awg Neotech solid hook up. 12awg will fit, and you could slip a Kemets lead in the side as well but it's tight. If I had to do it again I'd go with 14. The Neotech sounds much nicer than the 12awg Romex I tried, but give it a couple hundred hours burn in. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I will gamble with a game of audio related Russian roulette (especially when Tubelover2 is following this thread very closely apperently almost talking to himself at US Audio Mart) and thinking out loud here. How about combining JSSG360 and Kemet’s by connecting the two shields with a Kemet in series inbetween the shields (not parallel), letting no DC current to pass between the two shields. In my mind that could be an interesting experiment atleast in my point of view. Interesting to see how much DC currents affects DC. Surely Tubelover2 will disagree, but who cares? Not me anyway! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Abtr said:

What is an Sbooster 'single unit'? And how did you try it 'after' an iFi iPower?

Look here https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/28056-linear-power-supply-for-brooklyn-which-one-youve-ever-tried/?page=2

Go Down a little.

The SBooster is a kind of passiv filter for SMPS. 

I tried the iPower 9V SMPS to the Sbboster unit and then going to POE to a TP link switch In my second system.

1. I tried the iPower alone

2. then with POE 

3. with iPower and the Sbooster single  Unit

4. With iPower  and the SBooster single unit and POE

I clearly prefer the 4. config.

Thanks Cornan & Charles!!!!!

14 gauge Neotech solid  ordered.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

14 minutes ago, John769 said:

Do you still have one on the input side?

Yep, two. One on the Oyaide at the output of the LPS-1 and one on the input to the lt3045. Both done Cornan style with the cable soldered partway down the legs of the Kemet caps. I took the spare two caps I have now and added them also Cornan style to the cables of my NUC and external 2.5” usb drive (both fed by HDPLEX 100). Everything sounding amazing. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Another interesting thing happening at US Audio Mart is Tubelover2’s amazing audio flag find at the point when doing a dual Cat8. Sorry, but is’nt that what I did some time ago? Just saying! ?

He should get over the whole poe thing and just go with some good proper gauge separated wire. 

I was reading the POE thread over at USaudiomart Yesterday and my bloodpressure went up and the reading about Cornan and Charlesphoto and others made me very sad.

I sincerly hope tubelover2 will stop his personal attacks and concentrate on the Audio related things, that he is good at.

Regards Monge

6 hours ago, Monge said:

I was reading the POE thread over at USaudiomart Yesterday and my bloodpressure went up and the reading about Cornan and Charlesphoto and others made me very sad.

I sincerly hope tubelover2 will stop his personal attacks and concentrate on the Audio related things, that he is good at.

Regards Monge

I could care less about him. I'm enjoying the most amazing sound and music with my oversized solid 12awg Neotech/Kemet/lt3045 cable. Let's not forget the bigger the gauge, the less the resistance, etc. It really sounds huge and meaty, and better without the Kemet's on the output of the 3045 - big fat, short pieces of wire soldered with Mundorf Supreme to Oyaides is where it's at imo. 

Results from first of 3 cable replacements:

Gotham GAC-4/1 JSSG360 is much better than Supra Cat8! 

Bob

I've upgraded my DC PS lines again, replacing Canare with Gotham.  All finished exc. the cables inside my PC...And I added a Cisco router at the same time.  I also eliminated my 'LT3045 metal box' and put all LT's in line and close to devices.  jAnd added Kimmets to the inputs only on all the LT series boards. 

As I told Larry, "Holy Shit"!  What an improvement, far greater than what I was expecting.  More analogue, resolving and musical now.  Great upgrades guys!

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

13 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

I've upgraded my DC PS lines again, replacing Canare with Gotham.  All finished exc. the cables inside my PC...And I added a Cisco router at the same time.  I also eliminated my 'LT3045 metal box' and put all LT's in line and close to devices.  jAnd added Kimmets to the inputs only on all the LT series boards. 

As I told Larry, "Holy Shit"!  What an improvement, far greater than what I was expecting.  More analogue, resolving and musical now.  Great upgrades guys!

@Forehaven, for clarity, isn't it true that you have either sigma 11 or lps1 power supplying the lt3045 cards? 

If true, in this case, you have done what I did here, only using the Kemets on the input side of the lt3045 cards from non lt3045 sources.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

12 minutes ago, John769 said:

regarding Kemets on the input side of LT3045 boards, do you put them on the input of the first or second board when using two boards in series?  

Kemets on Input side of 2nd LT3045 is on Output side of 1st LT3045. Caps not recommended on Output, so probably not good idea in series configuration. Prefer full bandwidth thru both regulators.

Kemets still good on output for other lower bandwidth regulators (non-LT304x), as Larry say, and my experience.

53 minutes ago, lmitche said:

@Forehaven, for clarity, isn't it true that you have either sigma 11 or lps1 power supplying the lt3045 cards? 

If true, in this case, you have done what I did here, only using the Kemets on the input side of the lt3045 cards from non lt3045 sources.

Yes Larry.  Sigma 11 powers my two LPS 1, which then powers the USB card and the SU-1.  Sigma 11 also powers LT's for the AQ USB and the ISO R and Sonndheim's reg. for the HD.  Sigma 11 only to power the router and HDPlex.

I hope to tackle the rest of the PC's cable swap before I have hand surgery again.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

For anyone’s info who is using these fake sigma 11 power supplies, i use them too, original are from https://www.amb.org/audio/

HTB1IaNwuMaTBuNjSszfq6xgfpXaB.jpg?width=

The big capacitor on the right is on the output of the power supply and not in the original amb schematic!! Mine came with Hover caps, i removed both and replace the left one with mundorf ag cap. Try it, it is a nice improvement.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Deleted

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2