Jump to content
octaviars

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts


Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D and T2
Tidal Hifi / Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> dCS Network bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, switch and NUC)
 
Second system
Tidal Hifi / Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious about pricing, the local Innuos distributor is a good friend and also my Amphion sales rep, and I had a nice chat with the Innuos CEO last XFI show. Just called the sales rep, and he did not yet know the pricing.

We introduced a similar solution in Munich last year which was part of the Aries Cerat room, main difference is that we have custom cabling for each rail, instead of one big cable, and our custom DSP options including 432 Hz playback. We also use LMS and Roon.

http://432evo.be/index.php/blog/254-new-432-evo-master-introduced-at-high-end-muenchen-2017

 

Not here to hijack the topic, but vendors are certainly looking at each others products. Last year we stumbled on both the Innuos and CAD guys who were walking between the MOC and some restaurants just outside the MOC. Small world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does "3ppb OCXO clock" mean?  Is this similar to SoTM sCLK-XXXX clock modification ?


NUC 7i3 (ROCK) > Ghent Audio Lan cable > SOtM sMS-200 (+Uptone LPS-1) >  0.2m Curious USB cable > Singxer F1 (usb to spdif) > 0.5m XLO digital cable > Audiolab 8000 Dac (25 years old) > Trends Audio 10.1 Integrated Amp > Kef 103/4 speakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jaspal kallar said:

What does "3ppb OCXO clock" mean?  Is this similar to SoTM sCLK-XXXX clock modification ?

 

I dont know what type of clock SOtM uses but read the link below that is a OCXO clock and 3ppb is the accuracy. 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_oven


Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D and T2
Tidal Hifi / Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> dCS Network bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, switch and NUC)
 
Second system
Tidal Hifi / Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.04.2018 at 3:01 PM, jaspal kallar said:

What does "3ppb OCXO clock" mean?  Is this similar to SoTM sCLK-XXXX clock modification ?

Sotm never stated all parameters so hard to say which is better.

 

3PPB clock stability is very very good. But still, it doesn't mean it will be the best audio server.


Gustard X20(modded) + Singxer SU-1(modded) + Gustard U16 + Dante DIO XLR + Audio PC LPS+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there informtion on the statement on the type of digital outputs.

 

I would expect coax and xlr included in the statement in order to allow the utilisation of this high spec and costly ocxo, having just usb out would have been a huge waste of effort and made for a extremely expensive marketing campaign as the clock would then be taken from the dac via usb output.

 

I cannot seem to find any mention on this, but thi can be the only direction with respects to the type of outputs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, which connection formats are able to actually transmit the high quality clocked signal from a server/endpoint to a DAC.. When using i2s the DAC can follow the incoming master signal. How does this work with USB connections in general?

 

Do they still fully benefit the a high quality signal upstream, or can a badly designed usb DAC input be a wast of all effort?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, justubes said:

Is there informtion on the statement on the type of digital outputs.

 

I would expect coax and xlr included in the statement in order to allow the utilisation of this high spec and costly ocxo, having just usb out would have been a huge waste of effort and made for a extremely expensive marketing campaign as the clock would then be taken from the dac via usb output.

 

I'm pretty sure I read a post relating to a conversation with Innuous at Axpona that the OCXO clock only applies to the USB board, not to the motherboard or LAN output. In order to keep costs down. Which is rather disappointing, but understandable if they're trying to stick to a price point and believe other factors (e.g. better power supply) will give a better bang for buck within that price point. So I doubt if the Statement will have anythig more than USB and ethernet outputs, and even if it does, only USB will benefit from the super clock.

Until the production run starts, any specs and intentions are still subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

I'm pretty sure I read a post relating to a conversation with Innuous at Axpona that the OCXO clock only applies to the USB board, not to the motherboard or LAN output. In order to keep costs down. Which is rather disappointing, but understandable if they're trying to stick to a price point and believe other factors (e.g. better power supply) will give a better bang for buck within that price point. So I doubt if the Statement will have anythig more than USB and ethernet outputs, and even if it does, only USB will benefit from the super clock.

Until the production run starts, any specs and intentions are still subject to change.

 

That was the general impression that I got from my discussion with them, as well.  They are going with, I think 7, independent, regulated power rails.  They also indicated a pretty hefty price, maybe 2x the SE.  7x the power supplies + OCXO for the USB is the difference, everything else should be close to 1 for 1. 


 

Analog:  VPI Scoutmaster / Shelter 501MkII, Sony XRD1 HD FM, Nakamichi BX-300  Music Server:  i7-6700K/Asus RTX2080 OC Gaming, HQPlayer

DACs:  dCS Debussy, Lampizator Golden Atlantic, McIntosh D150 / MCT450 CD/SACD

Digital Add-ons:  Uptone JS-2s and LPS-1s, ISO REGENS     NAA:  NUCs (2), SoTM SMS-200 Ultra / tX-USB Ultra / Network Switch Clock Mod

Preamp:  McIntosh C500P (SS)   Amp:  McIntosh MC452

Speakers:  Wilson Yvette    Signal Cables:  Transparent Ultra Gen V    Power Cables:  Shunyata and PS Audio

GIK Room Treatments   PS Audio P10 AC Regenerators (2)  Dedicated 20 AMP AC circuit

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the custom mobo?  Is there major redesign of how it handles power?  I agree, it's a shame they are not going the extra steps and at the least, addressing the system clock which is what we are doing with the sCLK-EX server (DIY).  If it's just a stock mobo with minor modifications, then you would probably be far better off, economically, building a modular sCLK-EX server, using a master clock in addition to the sCLK-EX and a combination of quality power supplies.  As much as everyone wants a singular casing to enclose all components within the server, there are some advantages to the separate modular server.  Regardless, it's great to see huge strides being taken to address the server component and I look forward to any break thru in design, most eagerly with the mobo.


(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justubes said:

Most dacs now have asynchronous usb input, which i understand uses the dacs clock as the master and disregards the tramsports clock.

This is true in theory, as all of these DACS improve substantially when fed with a signal from an improved transport clock.

The Statement is an evolution of the Zenith SE, seperate regulated power supplies to the motherboard helps to deliver independent power to different areas such as CPU, RAM, PCIE, USB, LAN, etc even though these supplies are further regulated by the motherboard.

Plus the replacement of the Motherboard USB output with a dedicated USB audio card, with it's own power supply and improved clock.

Don't know what is special about the motherboard but hopefully we'll get to learn a bit more soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ElviaCaprice said:

 .... then you would probably be far better off, economically, building a modular sCLK-EX server, using a master clock in addition to the sCLK-EX and a combination of quality power supplies. 

 

Or wait for SOtM to come out wither their rumoured new super server :). It probably won't be cheap either, for those that doen't want to go the DIY route.

 

For me, super servers like the Statement will only be worth it if they stop dead any remaining audiophilia nervosa thoughts about adding extra little ultra boxes. If the Statement doesn't stop that thought, then I'd rather stick with a Zenith SE sized solution. Speaking of which, if Innuous have gone to the trouble of producing their own super USB card, then I'd bet money that their next single box SE replacement will have that card at least as an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

 

Or wait for SOtM to come out wither their rumoured new super server :). It probably won't be cheap either, for those that doen't want to go the DIY route.

 

For me, super servers like the Statement will only be worth it if they stop dead any remaining audiophilia nervosa thoughts about adding extra little ultra boxes. If the Statement doesn't stop that thought, then I'd rather stick with a Zenith SE sized solution. Speaking of which, if Innuous have gone to the trouble of producing their own super USB card, then I'd bet money that their next single box SE replacement will have that card at least as an option.

I agree, I'm quite shocked that SOtM hasn't yet put together a new server to take further advantage of their in house clocking/filtering expertise.  Would be nice to see a custom mobo.  You can only do so much with the clocks and power, sooner or later we need to get into the mobo design.


(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering Naim originally came up with the perfect recipe for the best digital source using a separate power supply I can’t for the life of me understand why they didn’t lead the way and come out with a super server first using there knowledge and expertise. For non Naimies the image bellow shows the Naim CDS with separate power supply c1991.

 

naim_1991_CDS.jpg?itok=RtAOGJle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naim have been offering linear power supplys for their servers for a long time but has always been a added upgrade. Their concentration looks more focused on the streaming/dac side but nearly all of their products have upgradeable power supplies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sunflower_sutra said:

Naim have been offering linear power supplys for their servers for a long time but has always been a added upgrade. Their concentration looks more focused on the streaming/dac side but nearly all of their products have upgradeable power supplies

That is kind of what I mean as in that they seem to have been concentrating on the streaming side of things and that if they had developed a super server I would suspect that it would of been a lot like the Innuos Statement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Munich has come and gone.  Has anyone picked up anything more on likely price and availability of the Zenith Statement?


Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2018 at 1:37 PM, FredericV said:

Curious about pricing, the local Innuos distributor is a good friend and also my Amphion sales rep, and I had a nice chat with the Innuos CEO last XFI show. Just called the sales rep, and he did not yet know the pricing.

We introduced a similar solution in Munich last year which was part of the Aries Cerat room, main difference is that we have custom cabling for each rail, instead of one big cable, and our custom DSP options including 432 Hz playback. We also use LMS and Roon.

http://432evo.be/index.php/blog/254-new-432-evo-master-introduced-at-high-end-muenchen-2017

 

Not here to hijack the topic, but vendors are certainly looking at each others products. Last year we stumbled on both the Innuos and CAD guys who were walking between the MOC and some restaurants just outside the MOC. Small world.

No photos of the main unit...?

 

On 13/04/2018 at 11:34 AM, hieukm said:

Why none of this server has OCXO clock on LAN or EMI absorber paper on the case or exotics fuses or expensive RAM with tight timing? Hmm.

Because they are not required.... Especially the fuses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, str-1 said:

Munich has come and gone.  Has anyone picked up anything more on likely price and availability of the Zenith Statement?

From Nuno .... the Statement is not planned to be released before July and will be in the ballpark of twice the price of a SE.


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> ISO REGEN/LPS-1.2 --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rickca said:

From Nuno .... the Statement is not planned to be released before July and will be in the ballpark of twice the price of a SE.

 

Same answer at AXPONA.  


 

Analog:  VPI Scoutmaster / Shelter 501MkII, Sony XRD1 HD FM, Nakamichi BX-300  Music Server:  i7-6700K/Asus RTX2080 OC Gaming, HQPlayer

DACs:  dCS Debussy, Lampizator Golden Atlantic, McIntosh D150 / MCT450 CD/SACD

Digital Add-ons:  Uptone JS-2s and LPS-1s, ISO REGENS     NAA:  NUCs (2), SoTM SMS-200 Ultra / tX-USB Ultra / Network Switch Clock Mod

Preamp:  McIntosh C500P (SS)   Amp:  McIntosh MC452

Speakers:  Wilson Yvette    Signal Cables:  Transparent Ultra Gen V    Power Cables:  Shunyata and PS Audio

GIK Room Treatments   PS Audio P10 AC Regenerators (2)  Dedicated 20 AMP AC circuit

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...