IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

@str-1 did you try the SE with new firmware with the "new experimental feature"? I find it so much better that I sold my tx-USB Ultra (powered by LPS 1.2) which didn´t gave me better SQ anymore. 

Maybe even good to know for you that Nino informed me that an "external USB reclocker module including the same USB board as the Statement and the two linear power supplies required to power it in one box" at the end of Q2. It should close the gap to the Statement to some extend. 

15 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

Nino informed me that an "external USB reclocker module including the same USB board as the Statement and the two linear power supplies required to power it in one box" at the end of Q2.

First time I've seen an availability date for the reclocker, thank you.  Nuno has been talking about this thing ever since the Statement was announced.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

47 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

@str-1 did you try the SE with new firmware with the "new experimental feature"? I find it so much better that I sold my tx-USB Ultra (powered by LPS 1.2) which didn´t gave me better SQ anymore. 

Maybe even good to know for you that Nino informed me that an "external USB reclocker module including the same USB board as the Statement and the two linear power supplies required to power it in one box" at the end of Q2. It should close the gap to the Statement to some extend. 

I updated my SE with the latest firmware (1.4.1) the day it was released.  But I do not use Roon.

Thanks for the update on the external Innuos reclocker.  Nuno mentioned it was coming soon in emailing me about other things.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just went came back to this thread looking for a particular post and just thought it worth mentioning that with 200 hours, a Statement is nowhere near run-in. With its array of Mundorf capacitors the unit will produce its very best after ca. 4 months. It’ll sound great from the get go but the level of perfection the Statement is capable of will only fully reveal itself after a substantial period under power. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, Blackmorec said:

I just went came back to this thread looking for a particular post and just thought it worth mentioning that with 200 hours, a Statement is nowhere near run-in. With its array of Mundorf capacitors the unit will produce its very best after ca. 4 months. It’ll sound great from the get go but the level of perfection the Statement is capable of will only fully reveal itself after a substantial period under power. 

Interesting to learn that it takes this long for the caps to reach their peak.  The obvious question then to occur to me is how long do these caps stay performing at their peak before they can be expected to start deteriorating?  I remember from my Naim days many years ago that the caps Naim used in, for example, their power amps needed replacing periodically to keep these units performing at their peak.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

2 hours ago, str-1 said:

Interesting to learn that it takes this long for the caps to reach their peak.  The obvious question then to occur to me is how long do these caps stay performing at their peak before they can be expected to start deteriorating?  I remember from my Naim days many years ago that the caps Naim used in, for example, their power amps needed replacing periodically to keep these units performing at their peak.

Typically above a certain temperature, the hotter the environment in which caps run, the shorter their useful lifetime. The Statement power supply runs at a couple of degrees above room temperature so I would guess that their lifetime is basically that defined by Mundorf

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, George Hincapie said:

Consumers shouldn't need to buy additional products from Innuos to improve SQ. The technology should be included already in the server to my mind. At Statement level at the very least. It will be interesting to see if they offer existing owners an upgrade.

My understanding is that the USB re-clocker is already found in the Statement - and this device is an upgrade intended for Zenith Std or SE owners.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

@nvitorino what OCXO clock are you using in the PhoenixUSB? Also, can we get a photo of the unit's inputs/outputs please?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 hours ago, nvitorino said:

If anyone is planning to visit RMAF I'll be happy to demo it personally. 

Please, can you comment on your set-up with Phoenix at X-Fi Show in the Netherlands.

Thanks.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I wonder how much the quality of the server makes a difference with the PhoenixUSB. 

I had significant issues with using Roon on my Zentih II and it may be a problem with Roon but possibly also with the processor requirements of Roon which Innuos can not fully meet. So would be servers like Roon Nucleus+ with the PhoenixUSB completive with the Innuos servers?

On 9/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, monteverdi said:

I wonder how much the quality of the server makes a difference with the PhoenixUSB. 

I had significant issues with using Roon on my Zentih II and it may be a problem with Roon but possibly also with the processor requirements of Roon which Innuos can not fully meet. So would be servers like Roon Nucleus+ with the PhoenixUSB completive with the Innuos servers?

Hi,

Regarding any issues with Roon with the Zenith II I'm not sure if you contact our support but I would really like to dispel the myth about the processor requirements. We haven't seen any issues with CPU performance issues even handling 15TB worth of music. As we state on our Roon page (http://www.innuos.com/en/go/roon), the only real constraint you have with CPU power is when upsampling music above DSD128.  Any customers having issues with Roon just contact us on support so we can eventually have a look and try to identify the root cause of the problem. A lot of issues have been solved with Roon updates, some require updates on our side for OS libraries or and some are issues with the Roon DB - these are the most frequent causes.

With regards to the Phoenix, we did test a number of sources. I can safely say we haven't reached the "Holy Grail" of making music completely source independent. I makes a difference on any source we tested (apart from the Statement which already includes it) but it does not turn, let's say, a laptop into a Statement. At RMAF, we did demonstrate the same track on a ZENith, then ZENith + Phoenix and then Statement. You can still easily hear a difference between the ZEnith + Phoenix and Statement.

Nuno

I figure this is as good a place to post as any...

Has anyone ever run into the issue on their Innuos dashboard where the Music Library, Import, and Quarantine options disappeared?

I just moved some files into my Auto Import folder last night and realized all 3 menu options had disappeared from my dash. 

Interested if anyone else has ever experienced this and if so, how it was remedied. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, JFHSQT said:

I figure this is as good a place to post as any...

Has anyone ever run into the issue on their Innuos dashboard where the Music Library, Import, and Quarantine options disappeared?

I just moved some files into my Auto Import folder last night and realized all 3 menu options had disappeared from my dash. 

Interested if anyone else has ever experienced this and if so, how it was remedied. 

Thanks!

Best place for a question like this is Innuos Support. With a simple phone call they can help you immediately without waiting and if there is a network issue, they’ll take a look and help you resolve it.  

Just now, Blackmorec said:

Best place for a question like this is Innuos Support. With a simple phone call they can help you immediately without waiting and if there is a network issue, they’ll take a look and help you resolve it.  

Thanks - I wasn't aware they had phone support.

I had emailed the support email address 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response.

I'll see if I can track down the phone number, although aren't they in Portugal?