IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

Thank you so much Blackmorec, exactly what I was looking for to better understand how the upgrade can improve my system. And exactly what I was hoping not to hear though, due to my previsional budget!

My system: PS AUDIO P20 PowerPlant feeding all
LPs: Gold Note Mediterraneo TT > Gold Note PST-10 > PSA SPP (Cartridge: GN Donatello Gold -Tonearm: GN B-7 Ceramic)
CDs: PS AUDIO PST > PS AUDIO DS DAC Streaming: Innuos PhoenixNET > Innuos Statement > Matrix > DS DAC
Amplification: PS AUDIO BHK Preamp > M1200s Monoblocks

Speakers: Sonus faber Olympica Nova III - 2x REL Subwoofer T7/i

Cables: AQ Dragon PC / Iconoclast XLR UPOCC / AQ Dragon XLR 48 HDMI Diamond USB+RJE / AQ William Tell Silver Zero + Bass combo

1 hour ago, matthias said:

@Blackmorec

Great post :-)

I am just curious,, what is your percentage listening to streaming services (including Radio Swiss) in comparison to local files?

Thank you

Matt

Hi Matt,

I honestly don’t pay much attention anymore to the source of the music file or its resolution….they all sound wonderful if the recording is good. Having said that I would guess that about 85% is remote (Qobuz/SRC) and 15% are my local CD rips

Cheerio! 

1 hour ago, matthias said:

@Blackmorec

A second question if you may allow:

Do you still use your modified TPLink RE650 bridge with the NG Statement or did you found something superior?

Thanks again.

Matt

Hiya Matt,

Yes, I still use the TPLink bridge, powered with a hybrid DC4 ARC6 and all Mundorf Ag/Ag cables.  The sound I’m getting is so natural sounding and beguiling that I don’t feel a lot of motivation to try alternatives 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, nvitorino said:

While the OCXO board on the Statement is essentially to improve timing and noise internally to the Statement, the PhoenixNET deals more effectively with external noise and focus on sending a signal as pristine as we can in terms of timing and noise to the Statement. This way, even on the Statement with Next Gen upgrade, we can audibly hear the influence of the PhoenixNet.

Hi Nuno. That’s good to know. I’ll try the PhoenixNET with my Statement.

Can you say anything about expectations for how quickly Innuos can upgrade power supplies for existing Statement owners? I’ve been on the list for upgrade since late June.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I pulled the trigger, and just ordered a Statement Next Gen keeping the PhoenixNET as Nuno suggested. My dealer (AV Solution) confirmed Innuos will ship it next week.

Can’t wait.

My system: PS AUDIO P20 PowerPlant feeding all
LPs: Gold Note Mediterraneo TT > Gold Note PST-10 > PSA SPP (Cartridge: GN Donatello Gold -Tonearm: GN B-7 Ceramic)
CDs: PS AUDIO PST > PS AUDIO DS DAC Streaming: Innuos PhoenixNET > Innuos Statement > Matrix > DS DAC
Amplification: PS AUDIO BHK Preamp > M1200s Monoblocks

Speakers: Sonus faber Olympica Nova III - 2x REL Subwoofer T7/i

Cables: AQ Dragon PC / Iconoclast XLR UPOCC / AQ Dragon XLR 48 HDMI Diamond USB+RJE / AQ William Tell Silver Zero + Bass combo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Following one of the recent InnuOS System Updates for my STATEMENT (about a month ago), my system has been sounding tinny and hollow, lacking in dynamic range, bass extension, and bass impact. This experience has only been slightly mitigated by another, more recent update from InnuOS, followed by a slightly more healing update from Roon. However, with all the latest updates in place, the system is still far from what it was two months ago. Has anyone else experienced something similar with their STATEMENT? If it matters, I have one of the older models, obtained in 2019. I’m assuming that they are still supporting this model with their software updates, and not just doing so for the newer model - the one with the newer power supply, and other, better internals. My fear is that the updates are all geared toward that newer model, and that when they take effect, this older model might see more and more deleterious effects on its sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nuno. With a next gen Statement and thinking of finally subscribing to a quality music streaming service (Qobuz) to supplement my large downloaded/ripped music library, should I expect to hear improvements in streamed music quality using a Phoenix Net over and above what I would hear streaming direct into the next gen Statement?  I am actually already using a cascade of quality filters into the Statement (BT Hub into English Electric 8 -> EtherREGEN) but of course I do not expect you to comment on that setup.

And assuming that the Phoenix Net does improve over what I already have, either replacing the cascade I use or adding to it, would that improvement feed through to the Statement's ethernet out (Streamer) port? I'm wondering if it would additionally benefit streaming to my smart tv, which I am already feeding from the EtherREGEN to good effect.

Thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Hi str-1,

not Nuno but I'll share my 2 cents worth.

I have a Statement NextGen, and several network optimisations feeding a PN, that goes into my Statement.

That PN did provide further uplift to sound quality, hence it is likely (but YMMV, as usual) that it would provide you the same.

Having said that, I was then able to try a second PN within the above config, to see if that too would bring an improvement.

I tried many placements of the second PN; in short, it was very modest at best any perceived improvement i.e. not worth it.

Clearly, diminishing returns kick in at a certain point, but I'm confident that with an extra PN just before the Statement, you'll improve the situation.

Now for Nuno's feedback :-)

Thanks sbilotta.

Would be ideal if I could get my hands on a loan unit to try at home, as I have done with most of my higher value audio devices, but a loan Phoenix Net has been hard to find.