IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

• 1 month later...

Innuos still hoping to start shipping in September.  Dealers still waiting for prices to be confirmed.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hoping to hear an a/b comparison of the Zenith Statement and Zenith SE at next week’s Festival of Sound show in London.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 2 weeks later...

Ughh ... I figured the external USB device for the SE was going to slip.  Priority is obviously on the Statement and Mk III.  Ultimately, the question will be how it compares to a tX-USBultra  with/without a REF10.  If he is still at the design stage, it could be quite some time until it's available.

Can you tell us any specifics about the SE firmware update functionality @str-1?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 minutes ago, rickca said:

Can you tell us any specifics about the SE firmware update functionality @str-1?

He mentioned two or three things.  But I was still thinking about other things I was more interested in and the only thing I can remember clearly was that you will now be able to rip individual tracks from CDs.

2 minutes ago, str-1 said:

He mentioned two or three things.  But I was still thinking about other things I was more interested in and the only thing I can remember clearly was that you will now be able to rip individual tracks from CDs.

Understandable, thanks.  Sounds like there was nothing exciting.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Thanks for this update !

If allowed and not much to ask for,would it be possible to have some pictures of the unit particularly the back panel ?

And several questions sorry for that :

- I understand the units were plugged through USB ? Any chance to listen through the Ethernet output or USB is the best output according to Innuos ?

- Did you listen using Roon or upnp ?

- Any comparison between SE and MK3 model ? 

Thanks 

Alex

1 hour ago, str-1 said:

Hi @str-1,

Thanks for the update.

Don't suppose Nuno  mentioned whether the firmware update included the enhancement to narrow the substantial SQ difference between Roon and the LMS player by allowing Roon to play from cache memory too, was included?

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Str-1,

Thanks for the update!  I have a Zenith SE feeding my Totaldac Server using the Ethernet output of the SE, so I am most interested in a comparison of the ethernet output of the SE vs. ethernet output of the Statement.

Thanks in advance, 

VPN

Cable Modem w/Mojo 5 power-> Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal-> Totaldac server-> Totaldac Twelve SE-> CH Precision L1+X1-> 2x Krell FPB 750mcx-> Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers  Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Echole Omnia 2x XLR and 3x AES, Totaldac Gigafilter USB,  Other: Echole Omnia power cables, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, four dedicated 20A lines

54 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Don't suppose Nuno  mentioned whether the firmware update included the enhancement to narrow the substantial SQ difference between Roon and the LMS player by allowing Roon to play from cache memory too, was included?

I can’t be sure but can ask tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, vpnogueira said:

Thanks for the update!  I have a Zenith SE feeding my Totaldac Server using the Ethernet output of the SE, so I am most interested in a comparison of the ethernet output of the SE vs. ethernet output of the Statement.

I don’t think they were setup to demo ethernet output.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, BigAlMc said:

I asked, but no.  They haven’t got that quite right yet.  I also learned that importing facilities are being enhanced, including import history.  Firmware is in final beta testing.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, moby1977 said:

Thanks for this update !

If allowed and not much to ask for,would it be possible to have some pictures of the unit particularly the back panel ?

And several questions sorry for that :

- I understand the units were plugged through USB ? Any chance to listen through the Ethernet output or USB is the best output according to Innuos ?

- Did you listen using Roon or upnp ?

- Any comparison between SE and MK3 model ? 

Thanks 

Alex

Went back today and again visited the Innuos room.  

I only heard comparisons between the Statement and the SE, but they did have a Gen 3 Zenith in the rack.

They were only using Tidal and music stored on the Statement, and only USB output.  USB and power cables used were Chord Sarum T.

Bumped into the dealer who sold me and delivered my Zenith SE.  He said he would be happy to loan me the Statement for a few days when he gets it, which probably won’t be for at least a couple of months.  Something to look forward to.

1 hour ago, str-1 said:

I asked, but no.  They haven’t got that quite right yet.  I also learned that importing facilities are being enhanced, including import history.  Firmware is in final beta testing.

Not the news I hoped for but hey ho.

Thanks for taking the time to ask tho.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, str-1 said:

Scheduled to be included in next month’s Hi-Fi+ (out 31 Jan) 

I'm not sure I want to read that in case it makes me want one.

• 3 weeks later...
Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, str-1 said:

Scheduled to be included in next month’s Hi-Fi+ (out 31 Jan) 

Mmm. Perhaps they rescheduled for a future issue. Don't see it listed for Issue #167 - January 2019.

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

9 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:

Mmm. Perhaps they rescheduled for a future issue. Don't see it listed for Issue #167 - January 2019.

Just received my digital copy (Edition 168) and it’s in that.  

Very positive review by Jason Kennedy, who compares with the Zenith SE, which reviewed a year ago.  Statement was found to improve on the SE with more three-dimensional space, lower noise and more resolution .  Jason preferred ethernet out (into an Auralic Aries G2)  with which he heard greater depth of analysis and low level resolution.  He concludes by describing the Statement as one of if not the best digital source you can buy.

11 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:

Just looking again at last month’s edition I see that while edition 168 was due out in the UK on 31 Jan, it is not due out in the States until 28 Feb.  I wonder why that is.

The ststement uses an OCXO for usb output.

If not wrong usb connection uses the clocking from the dac, asynchronous usb connection.

Any one knows how this will be of benefit.

Wonder also if both ethernet ports are clocked as opposed to just 1. 

A purist approach would be 2 clocks for each of the 2 ethernet and lan ports, clock sharing here?

Wonder if anyone has more detailed info.