IGNORED

Time To Dump Tidal? Bluesound / BlueOS Now Has Deezer HiFi

On 11/22/2017 at 5:31 PM, Miska said:

Does the Deezer Android/iOS app send lossless FLAC to Chromecast Audio?

If it does, then I can easily listen it through HQPlayer without extra computer... :)

P.S. Yeah, BlueSound NODE2 works as a source too, but Chromecast Audio is so much cheaper...

The following seems to indicate that you can cast Deezer to Chromecast - https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/201330961-Chromecast

11 hours ago, TubeMan said:

when I listened to a track, I want a little break so brain can gets the impression of the sound before the next begins,

Gapless is for people that listen to albums not tracks.  You wouldn't want gapless with a mix and match playlist of tracks.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

@schiit: could you elaborate on your comment 'how terrible TIDAL's connectivity is...'?

I have had TIDAL since its inception and prior to that(whatever it was before JAY-Z/Beyonce etal bought it) and have never had a 'connectivity' problem, I have had Time Warner now Spectrum with at least 100Mbps and use both ME2 or AQ DFR NEVER any hangups or fail 'to connect' especially with MQA/MASTERS. Nor have I ever had a 'connectivity' problem with Qobuz ROON or A+3 with the above DAC's or Schiit Gungnir or original Modi. Just curiosity on my part no criticism or skepticism.

bobbmd

12 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@schiit: could you elaborate on your comment 'how terrible TIDAL's connectivity is...'?

I have had TIDAL since its inception and prior to that(whatever it was before JAY-Z/Beyonce etal bought it) and have never had a 'connectivity' problem, I have had Time Warner now Spectrum with at least 100Mbps and use both ME2 or AQ DFR NEVER any hangups or fail 'to connect' especially with MQA/MASTERS. Nor have I ever had a 'connectivity' problem with Qobuz ROON or A+3 with the above DAC's or Schiit Gungnir or original Modi. Just curiosity on my part no criticism or skepticism.

bobbmd

I have intermittent (for example, for a few minutes up to about an hour) where Tidal simply can not stream consistently.  A track might be ok for 30 seconds or so and then, nothing.  The desktop will tend to pause, whereas Roon will give that well known "track unavailable" error and skip to the next track (in vain).  sometimes (but only sometimes) this is cleared up by selecting another album.  For the first few months I had Tidal I thought I could correlate this behavior to high traffic times (evening, etc.) but the fact is this behavior can and does occur anytime.  I have ruled out application/device problems, bottlenecks in my network, upstream in my ISP, and general internet traffic.  Fortunately, this behavior is short lived most of the time (10, 20 minutes usually) otherwise I would just do 320 Spotify.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

On 11/30/2017 at 10:25 PM, crenca said:

I have intermittent (for example, for a few minutes up to about an hour) where Tidal simply can not stream consistently.  A track might be ok for 30 seconds or so and then, nothing.  The desktop will tend to pause, whereas Roon will give that well known "track unavailable" error and skip to the next track (in vain).  sometimes (but only sometimes) this is cleared up by selecting another album.  For the first few months I had Tidal I thought I could correlate this behavior to high traffic times (evening, etc.) but the fact is this behavior can and does occur anytime.  I have ruled out application/device problems, bottlenecks in my network, upstream in my ISP, and general internet traffic.  Fortunately, this behavior is short lived most of the time (10, 20 minutes usually) otherwise I would just do 320 Spotify.

Probably you are already are doing this, but I solved a similar problem I was having with Deezer by changing QoS settings on my router, so that whatever device is used to stream music has highest priority.

On 11/20/2017 at 9:17 PM, SlimPickins said:

Roku has a Deezer channel now.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/68610/deezer

Last night the battery was dead on my phone (my Sonos and Bluesound controller) so I decided to try the Deezer app on Roku.  It's very clean and functional.  The best music app for Roku that I've used.  It is mp3, but I think it could be flac if Deezer wanted this.  You can play 16/44 flac with Roku using Plex, so it seems doable.

9 hours ago, Rexp said:

Deezer wipes the floor with Tidal SQwise, its easy to do a quick a/b with both apps loaded with the same track on an ipad. Maybe the way Deezer uploads files to it's servers, not being gapless and the better SQ are connected?

No. Gapless has nothing to do with Deezer's online servers, they can supply the files to 3rd party client apps that support gapless with absolutely no impact on sound quality. It is Deezer's own client desktop app that is at fault, period.

BTW, I have been successfully using my UPnP/DLNA devices to stream Deezer HiFi's FLAC tracks gaplessly for over a week, via the Logitech Media Server method I mentioned earlier. The connection didn't fail once and excellent SQ - no different to streaming CD res FLAC files over the home network.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

5 hours ago, Cebolla said:

No. Gapless has nothing to do with Deezer's online servers, they can supply the files to 3rd party client apps that support gapless with absolutely no impact on sound quality. It is Deezer's own client desktop app that is at fault, period.

BTW, I have been successfully using my UPnP/DLNA devices to stream Deezer HiFi's FLAC tracks gaplessly for over a week, via the Logitech Media Server method I mentioned earlier. The connection didn't fail once and excellent SQ - no different to streaming CD res FLAC files over the home network.

http://www.deezer.com/track/3599408

With all continuous live albums like this one I get gaps between tracks on Deezer that I dont get on Tidal. Please try this album and see if you get gaps. Thanks!

That link is to a track ('W*O*L*D*') - I expect you meant the album the track is from:

Deezer: Greatest Stories Live - Harry Chapin

I'm not familiar with the album, but it certainly played gaplessly via LMS with the ickStream & UPnPBridge plugins. So, presumably the album sounds like it's supposed to in the original double LP and/or CD - some tracks truely segue into their next track, the rest with a fade.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

That link is to a track ('W*O*L*D*') - I expect you meant the album the track is from:

Deezer: Greatest Stories Live - Harry Chapin

I'm not familiar with the album, but it certainly played gaplessly via LMS with the ickStream & UPnPBridge plugins. So, presumably the album sounds like it's supposed to in the original double LP and/or CD - some tracks truely segue into their next track, the rest with a fade.

Thanks ,what equipment do I need to duplicate your gapless playback?

13 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Any networked device that can install & run LMS - eg, Windows, Mac & Linux computers (including a Raspberry Pi), some NASs, etc.

LMS also comes with a useable web browser controller app.

I'm using gapless supporting UPnP/DLNA streamers for playback, is that your intention too?

-- Jo Cox

Does everyone dislike TIDAl b/o MQA and/or collective owners/investors or both?? Seems there is little more than meets the eye here.l just like the music and the ability /ease of making playlists and have them immediately transfer toA+3 and I️ like MQA. Why dump tidal for something else doesn’t really seem any better and Qobuz is infinitely better than either of them

14 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

Does everyone dislike TIDAl b/o MQA and/or collective owners/investors or both?? Seems there is little more than meets the eye here.l just like the music and the ability /ease of making playlists and have them immediately transfer toA+3 and I️ like MQA. Why dump tidal for something else doesn’t really seem any better and Qobuz is infinitely better than either of them

Thats a really good question.

The main gripes I hear is that Tidal pushes hip hop and people think Jay Z is a gangster. (Not my gripes)

I love Tidal, but its major shortcoming is music recommendations/knowing what I’d like to hear even when I don’t know. Spotify and Deezer excel in these areas. 

I use Tidal as a lossless library for music I know I want to hear. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png