IGNORED

That eclipse was really transformative

Saw it in Nashville. Second time I've seen one. You actually can't imagine what an amazing experience it is when you haven't been at one.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

Songs to eclipse by:

Blinded by the Light

Blackhole Sun

and, according to internet:   Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Bark at the Moon

Blackout

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

"Here comes the Moon"

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Was this a total eclipse ? I forgot to observe it here from Cuba, but sure did not notice a thing.

With a total eclipse you don't need it to be without clouds. It just gets freakily dark and when you experience that it is sooooo good, you are 100% sure to travel the world to see the next.

I saw one in August 1999 in Luxembourg. The dark blazes at you and a few minutes later with the light the same. Goes obviously at the speed of the earth's rotation and you get the idea of being in a science fiction movie.

Works out like that only with a full eclipse, which can't have been the case for the whole of the US of A.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

31 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Was this a total eclipse ?

It was observable from some parts of the USA.  Here are some pictures from Oregon taken by some guy named Mark Zuckerberg.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/epic-total-eclipse-photos-from-atop-facebooks-oregon-data-center.html

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Was this a total eclipse ? I forgot to observe it here from Cuba, but sure did not notice a thing.

With a total eclipse you don't need it to be without clouds. It just gets freakily dark and when you experience that it is sooooo good, you are 100% sure to travel the world to see the next.

I saw one in August 1999 in Luxembourg. The dark blazes at you and a few minutes later with the light the same. Goes obviously at the speed of the earth's rotation and you get the idea of being in a science fiction movie.

Works out like that only with a full eclipse, which can't have been the case for the whole of the US of A.

Sound almost as good as Burning Man