IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

26 minutes ago, allhifi said:

Pam: Now, now, take a deep breath.

Fear not, I am a very passive guy. Honestly. Simply consider it to be some intellectual bantering ... (lol)

pj 

Pam: One other point. I'm not sure you understand the medical term of psychopath, or narcissism ?

But, I'm glad you brought it up. Take a look, see what it's about. Then, return to whatever you were reading/following on here, and report back.

You may very well have a new found appreciation of who qualifies.

pj 

(P.S. I will reveal, however, that (according to stat's/"data"), 1-3% of the population suffers from some of the most terrifying personality characteristics such folk possess. But what's even more scary, even if these reported percentages are 10X too high --let's use the 1% stat. So, with only 0.1% of the population so afflicted, a staggering seven-million roam the earth, and if  only 0.01% (of pop., 100-times less than stated), 700,000 such folk wreak havoc around the globe. Ouch indeed.

If there is something to fear, it's this astonishing reality.)

pj 

Just now, pam1975 said:

I now really, seriously, fear you. Good luck with yourself(ves). Outta here.

Pam ... You are too beautiful ! (I'm deeply, genuinely laughing here --as in a normal person, good-natured laughing. ) Yet, it's a scary statistic, sad but true. So remember, 1-in-100 people. How many folk live in around our neighborhoods ?

pj

On 7/14/2017 at 0:19 PM, firedog said:

"Allhifi" apparently isn't aware of ALL hi-fi.B|He doesn't seem to know that those manufacturers he mentioned haven't all been offering those interfaces "for decades". (A few years would be correct in several cases)

There are good designers of famous brands who don't think I2s and Wrd Clk are the superior connections, especially not WC.

I even know of some who prefer well implemented AES.

"firedog" doesn't seem to realize i2S has been around for 20-years --if not longer.

pj

25 minutes ago, allhifi said:

"firedog" doesn't seem to realize i2S has been around for 20-years --if not longer.

pj

Firedog realizes it has been around since modern digital was invented in the 60's by Sony/Philips. But in commercial products it was barely used before the last few years. Only a small number of devices by a couple of manufacturers. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

Firedog realizes it has been around since modern digital was invented in the 60's by Sony/Philips. But in commercial products it was barely used before the last few years. Only a small number of devices by a couple of manufacturers. 

What? (Why are you talking in 3rd person --you watching some old Seinfeld re-runs?)

There were several manufacture's in the 1990's (if not late 80's) using i2S. What are you talking about ? Or rather, what is "firedog"  thinking? And you, for that matter, if you wish to join in.

pj 

6 minutes ago, allhifi said:

What? (Why are you talking in 3rd person --you watching some old Seinfeld re-runs?)

There were several manufacture's in the 1990's (if not late 80's) using i2S. What are you talking about ? Or rather, what is "firedog"  thinking? And you, for that matter, if you wish to join in.

pj 

Jimmy needs to learn the difference between "intellectual banter" and being an a$$hole.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

9 minutes ago, allhifi said:

pj 

Not very relevant. Were those products still in production in this century? Go back 8-10 years and tell me how many products were in production at that time using it. It was close to extinct in commercial products until i2S over HDMI came around. Products no longer being produced don't mean much if you are trying to tell us what a big player i2S has been for decades.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Just now, firedog said:

Not very relevant. Were those products still in production in this century, Go back 8-10 years and tell me how many products were in production at that time using it. It was close to extinct in commercial products until i2S over HDMI came around. Products no longer being produced don't mean much if you are trying to tell us what a big player i2S has been for decades.

Fair enough. Let's just admit that the flawed SPDIF is not the best interface, and anything, anything that attempts to improve upon it is worthy of consideration. 

pj

3 minutes ago, firedog said:

Not very relevant. Were those products still in production in this century, Go back 8-10 years and tell me how many products were in production at that time using it. It was close to extinct in commercial products until i2S over HDMI came around. Products no longer being produced don't mean much if you are trying to tell us what a big player i2S has been for decades.

BTW, a simple question: If you had to choose, would you consider SPDIF, or something else (for the best possible performance)?

pj

2 minutes ago, allhifi said:

BTW, a simple question: If you had to choose, would you consider SPDIF, or something else (for the best possible performance)?

pj

Which photograph would you purchase?

Photograph by:

1. Average Joe photographer with a 100 megapixel medium format camera. 

Or

2. Ansel Adams with a Polaroid. 

Now switch this to DACs and interfaces. I'll go with S/PDIF from the best designers over i2s from a lesser designer any day. 

Talking about technologies in a vacuum doesn't advance the conversation and can really misinform people. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

57 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Which photograph would you purchase?

Photograph by:

1. Average Joe photographer with a 100 megapixel medium format camera. 

Or

2. Ansel Adams with a Polaroid. 

Now switch this to DACs and interfaces. I'll go with S/PDIF from the best designers over i2s from a lesser designer any day. 

Talking about technologies in a vacuum doesn't advance the conversation and can really misinform people. 

Art is purely subjective.  Audio isn't.  People make it so but there is a direct correlation to measurements but most want to overlook that for many reasons.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

4 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Art is purely subjective.  Audio isn't.  People make it so but there is a direct correlation to measurements but most want to overlook that for many reasons.  

Perhaps my example wasn't clear. It has nothing to do with objective or subjective aspects. It was more to say that, in the hands of a talented designer, an spdif-based dac can out perform an i2s dac. Thus, the question about which interface someone would select, can't be answered in a vacuum. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps my example wasn't clear. It has nothing to do with objective or subjective aspects. It was more to say that, in the hands of a talented designer, an spdif-based dac can out perform an i2s dac. Thus, the question about which interface someone would select, can't be answered in a vacuum. 

I'd say that rings true for anything.  In the hands of a talented designer with the proper tools anything would be better than someone who doesn't have the knowledge and tools (whatever they may be).  You're a better forum manager than me cuz not only do you have the knowledge but you successfully do it daily.  ;-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Chris and Jason got it right.