IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

The concept of separates seems counter to the company's previous philosophy.  The current latest products gravitate to all in one boxes e.g. Polaris.  I assume it would be the case that the addition of  processor and super clock would improve sound.  As the G2 range is meant to be a step up in performance, shouldn't these other bits be integrated?  My suspicion is that this is more of a marketing exercise in the style of Cyrus and Naim where its possible to add endless, expensive boxes to squeeze out the last drop of performance and the last drop of the customer's money.  Call me a cynic.

Martin.

The concept of separates seems counter to the company's previous philosophy.  The current latest products gravitate to all in one boxes e.g. Polaris.  I assume it would be the case that the addition of  processor and super clock would improve sound.  As the G2 range is meant to be a step up in performance, shouldn't these other bits be integrated?  My suspicion is that this is more of a marketing exercise in the style of Cyrus and Naim where its possible to add endless, expensive boxes to squeeze out the last drop of performance and the last drop of the customer's money.  Call me a cynic.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see Auralic putting the streamer in a metal box with integral PSU.  I recall seeing a photo of a prototype Aries in a Vega box prior to the plastic design.  To me, this would have been preferable now.  It allows current customers to upgrade items and still retain the same form factor.  Yes, I have the Meraks and no, they don't have the same face as either current or new products.  The front dimensions match though.  Generally I think Auralic put more effort into design than a lot of companies; I love the bead blast anodised finish.  Chord's products are more expensive, have some oddball designs and inferior finish but Dave does sound better.

Martin.

On 4/25/2017 at 9:43 AM, Booster MPS said:

Sharing some background on the Aries if my memory serves me correctly.  The trade off for having an internal antenna on the current gen Aries/Aries LE was that the enclosure could not be metal as it interfered with reception.  This was just a limitation of the wireless technology which probably led to the plastic implementation, and the design.  With the G2 they are pulling the power supply inside the enclosure which takes the current form factor off the table.  Also, there were some disappointed with the build quality of the current gen design and wanted a metal enclosure.  This design change addresses that but the trade off is that there are external antenna.  

I am not knocking either choice, just recounting what I remember.  Maybe others can fill in blanks where I might have mis-stated something there.  

It is correct. The good thing is you can rotary the external antenna and hide them at the back of the unit.

On 4/25/2017 at 3:06 PM, r_w said:

Will the new G2 DAC have HT bypass and flawless volume control, so the preamp can finally be ditched?

That's the deal breaker for me.

One highlighted feature of VEGA G2 is full analog ladder network volume control module. There is a pair of analog input specially designed for HT use. This input channel has no gain but purely go directly to volume control and output buffer. When setting at maximum volume, it is equal to HT bypass mode.

22 hours ago, Stereophonic said:

Please Wang !!!!!

Put a second HDMI output to my Esoteric D02X !!!!!

It is unfortunately not possible. When using Lightning Link (HDMI physical connector), the DAC (or processor) feed clock to streamer as well as communication data. The direction of clock is reversed comparing to the regular I2S output.

16 hours ago, tallica1 said:

Hi Xuanqian: AURALIC has certainly been VERY busy.... (4) new surprises. I know you will save most of the details for Munich High End 2017 in 22 days...   G2 Streamer, Processor, DAC and Super Clock.. 

QUESTION

How would explain the purpose for the G2 processor in this (4) piece chain.  Wouldn't the VEGA G2 already have a processor WITH only a possible need to UPGRADE for the Super Clock?

QUESTION

AND is that a High Definition OLED display on the VEGA G2 ?

QUESTION 

ON a different level. Why have you developed a system of (4) separates. How would you summarize the sonic advantages in Auralic digital audio vs some competitors all in one?

Thank you, SL

The reason we have a separate processor unit is because current CPU inside streamer and DAC is not powerful enough to provide highest quality of resampling, signal process (such as room correction). The processor unit itself is not just designed for using with VEGA DAC but can be used as a standalone unit as well, it has regular digital and USB input and digital, USB output. 

The Display on VEGA G2 is as same as on ARIES G2 which is NOT OLED but retina resolution IPS LCD.

There is currently no way to pack all new features we developed in the last three years into one single box and I do not believe other manufacturer have the technology to do that either.

5 minutes ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

One highlighted feature of VEGA G2 is full analog ladder network volume control module. There is a pair of analog input specially designed for HT use. This input channel has no gain but purely go directly to volume control and output buffer. When setting at maximum volume, it is equal to HT bypass mode.

OK great... will it remember the last volume setting for each individual input?, otherwise volume would have to be set to max every time HT input is selected and then when another input is selected afterwards the speakers could be blown.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

3 hours ago, Hauser said:

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see Auralic putting the streamer in a metal box with integral PSU.  I recall seeing a photo of a prototype Aries in a Vega box prior to the plastic design.  To me, this would have been preferable now.  It allows current customers to upgrade items and still retain the same form factor.  Yes, I have the Meraks and no, they don't have the same face as either current or new products.  The front dimensions match though.  Generally I think Auralic put more effort into design than a lot of companies; I love the bead blast anodised finish.  Chord's products are more expensive, have some oddball designs and inferior finish but Dave does sound better.

Martin.

Hi, Martin:

The new G2 series contains so many new features and there is no way to pack all them in one single box based on current technology. It is our ultimate goal to offer single box solution for sure but it takes time. As you can see, the POLARIS was released by late 2016 and ARIES was on early 2014, it take longer time then you can expect to do the integration without compromise sound quality.

4 minutes ago, r_w said:

OK great... will it remember the last volume setting for each individual input?, otherwise volume would have to be set to max every time HT input is selected and then when another input is selected afterwards the speakers could be blown.

Current VEGA already has this setting, you may choose a master volume for all channels or let the unit remember each input's volume number.

Xuanqian: To Clarify. So the G2 PROCESSOR Componet would replace the computer in the chain ie MAC Book Pro per say and connect external hard drives to that component? (how thunderbolt connection)  If correct, then what sonic advantage would that component have over a MacBook Pro... or will this will solve the DSD 256 512 1024 problem over USB... ?

SL

48 minutes ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

Current VEGA already has this setting, you may choose a master volume for all channels or let the unit remember each input's volume number.

Big thumbs up, well done. This is now high on my consideration list. 

;-)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

8 hours ago, tallica1 said:

Xuanqian: To Clarify. So the G2 PROCESSOR Componet would replace the computer in the chain ie MAC Book Pro per say and connect external hard drives to that component? (how thunderbolt connection)  If correct, then what sonic advantage would that component have over a MacBook Pro... or will this will solve the DSD 256 512 1024 problem over USB... ?

SL

The advantage that I see would be that it would be an upsampling processor optimized for music rather than a jack of all trades Macbook Pro.  As it seems to be timed to be released with the G2 Clock I assume that those two would really work hand in hand together as a unit.  I would be curious to know if the G2 Processor could also run Roon Core and completely negate the need for a computer associated with the G2 Aries if you wanted Roon.  Now THAT would be cool!!!!

It looks like the Vega G2 has an Ethernet port. Will it support RoonReady directly?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

It looks like the Vega G2 has an Ethernet port. Will it support RoonReady directly?

On the pictures, the VEGA is on top and has a ethernet port. The Vega G2 is the one below and i can not see ethernet port on it :)

5 hours ago, Madra said:

On top is the Aries G2 and it has an ethernet port. The lower one is the Vega G2.

Correct, and it looks to have an Ethernet port.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

7 hours ago, sbilotta said:

other question: will there be a G1 series ?

7 hours ago, Leeuwarden said:

G1 is the current version, G2, Generation 2, is coming...

Read the first post in this thread from Wang:

"One thing I want to make clear is that G2 is a upper level product line, the models in this product line are not suppose to replace any of current product but as you may image from the name: since we have G2 (Grade 2), there could be G1 in the future."

12 hours ago, deuch said:

On the pictures, the VEGA is on top and has a ethernet port. The Vega G2 is the one below and i can not see ethernet port on it :)

http://audio-head.com/the-new-auralic-aries-and-vega-2-0/

system pics