IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

9 hours ago, deuch said:

Good catch !

Maybe it's just for firmware update ?

I don't think anyone would implement an ethernet interface for firmware updates only. There's USB for that. I thought it could be I2S but Wang said there's no I2S input. 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

You can have a web interface for the setup too ... THe Vega G2 seems to be a new products with more features and maybe a little more complex with a lot of settings. Doing that with a rotary knob can be painfull and a web interface is a more easy web to so that. So web interface and firmware update ? G2, like Auralic said is a new product, a new architecture and act  like a computer. So this time it may can be updated by the user (the original Vega can not be)

On 4/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, tallica1 said:

Xuanqian: To Clarify. So the G2 PROCESSOR Componet would replace the computer in the chain ie MAC Book Pro per say and connect external hard drives to that component? (how thunderbolt connection)  If correct, then what sonic advantage would that component have over a MacBook Pro... or will this will solve the DSD 256 512 1024 problem over USB... ?

SL

Hi, SL:

ARIES is the component designed to replace a computer for basic playback function, the processor is to let you add more powerful processing to the data, such as ultra high quality DSD upsampler. The external hard drive will connect to ARIES as it is the source.

On 4/27/2017 at 3:56 PM, miguelito said:

It looks like the Vega G2 has an Ethernet port. Will it support RoonReady directly?

The Ethernet port on VEGA G2 is for web browser based control interface. It may not come with RoonReady as RoonReady code need to take over the entire signal in a system, which make it difficulty for us to do necessary signal process, but we will work with Roon to make it happen.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:23 PM, tallica1 said:

AURALiC VEGA G2 interesting hints of details from Audio Head...

Xuanqian Wang eluded that "the new Vega DAC isn’t Delta Sigma or fully multi-bit but rather something “totally different”. 

http://audio-head.com/the-new-auralic-aries-and-vega-2-0/

It is actually not correct, the customize DAC we used on VEGA G2 is a multi-bit DAC, it is similar to dCS's 5bit ring DAC but what we have here is 8bit. Such design can benefit from both 1bit R-2R and multi-bit DAC structure. 

18 hours ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

It is actually not correct, the customize DAC we used on VEGA G2 is a multi-bit DAC, it is similar to dCS's 5bit ring DAC but what we have here is 8bit. Such design can benefit from both 1bit R-2R and multi-bit DAC structure. 

Ok, but the Vega do the "same thing" no ? Upsample before convert to analog ? Will you use R-2R to in the G2 after the Multi-bit DAC ?

2 hours ago, Miracle1980 said:

I have just bought an used Auralic Aries (top model) for a good price. Do you think that I made a mistake because it will be not "supported" or completely outclassed by the new models?

Mistake? Mainly depends on your financials and how important it is to you to have the best/latest/greatest.

Your unit will sound good. Will the new one sound a little better? Probably. Do you care? And if you do, do you have the spare $ to sell it and buy the newer one?

But that's the problem with the hobby - either you decide at some point that you are happy with the sound and have spent enough, or you keep trying to upgrade. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

21 hours ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

The Ethernet port on VEGA G2 is for web browser based control interface. It may not come with RoonReady as RoonReady code need to take over the entire signal in a system, which make it difficulty for us to do necessary signal process, but we will work with Roon to make it happen.

Ok... The dCS Rossini is on my short list and I like that it can do RoonReady itself. 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.5.2017 at 3:11 PM, Wang Xuanqian said:

But this is contradictory to the newer stories where the VEGA G2 is described as RoonReady?

On the first pic on the Vega G2 in the computer audiophile article, we can see 44.1Khz-->DSD64 so it means pcm to dsd upsampling ... questions : L-LINK is also displayed, so the feature is only avalaible with the processor ? Or in the G2 ? And for the Aries original, will it be included ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 1:12 AM, alice said:

This is going to be exciting, although please change the chassis if you are going to charge more.

This currently looks very plain and boring like the Aurender.

I like the Aries look.

What ? Leave the G-2 (Aries) aesthetics --it looks GREAT ! (It's called sophisticated subtlety) 

Note the (obvious) fantastic display but also the mechanical function buttons cleverly flush-mounted and in the same color as the front fascia. Its's absolutely essential to have basic control functions at the unit itself. The decision  to offer models with no front panel operational controls is  incomprehensible.

Have "they" not learned a damn thing --or even experimented with/without these basic controls ?

Basically, without front-panel controls (when at the stereo) I must search for my third-party "controller" (or purchase one!) to operate my  two-to-three-thousand dollar (or more) device ? I don't think so. We must be more sensible and demanding from some of these suppliers.   

In any case, the Aries G-2 (if internally as beautifully constructed as the Vega) may very well establish the New Streaming Standard ! I also suspect it will have $5K-$10K makers a bit uncomfortable. Bring it on. What's the (current) date again ? (lol) September cannot arrive soon enough ...

peter jasz  

On 4/26/2017 at 3:26 AM, Hauser said:

The concept of separates seems counter to the company's previous philosophy.  The current latest products gravitate to all in one boxes e.g. Polaris.  I assume it would be the case that the addition of  processor and super clock would improve sound.  As the G2 range is meant to be a step up in performance, shouldn't these other bits be integrated?  My suspicion is that this is more of a marketing exercise in the style of Cyrus and Naim where its possible to add endless, expensive boxes to squeeze out the last drop of performance and the last drop of the customer's money.  Call me a cynic.

Martin.

Hey Martin: No, you're not being cynical --just asking some good questions.

I suspect the new G-2 series will be sensational (Aries G2 and Vega G2). Some company's explore each and every area of a products construction under a microscope; circuit design parts selection, size, positioning and  price, advanced power supply considerations and  more to both learn and extract higher and higher levels of precision and resolution.

That some undertake this tedious, time-consuming and no doubt  frustrating undertaking, discoveries follow !

Personally, I think the exercise  represents a passionate and professional organization. 

Ultimately, the time (R&D)  and  sophistication of a circuit/design requires ultra-premium parts  (and greater physical space most likely) resulting in separate additional "box's" such as Auralic's  Master Clock and Upsampler.

Before those options are even considered however, I have a solid (tested, tried and true) recommendation for ALL digital audio components/listener's: PS Audio P-3 AC power Re-Generator. The gains in SQ are simply incredible. Since the current PS Audio (P-3)  is capable of 700-watts of power, many a audio component can be powered.

Summarizing, it appears Auralic is joining the ranks of Esoteric, MSB Technology and others in exploring every inch of the performance envelope --hopefully to the delight of listener's. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, there's everything RIGHT with this approach.  

peter jasz