IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

On 5/3/2017 at 10:08 AM, Wang Xuanqian said:

but we will work with Roon to make it happen.

Vega G2 manual: "...Lightning OS takes full advantage of the Tesla Platform’s considerable resources by buffering enough data to make the input signal’s frequency irrelevant..."

Like Vega G2 is actually a Roonendpoint, I would have no benefits in use a NAA like Sotm SMS200ultra (connected to Vega USB) or a high-end mediaserver Roon Core? Is that it?

6 hours ago, deuch said:

We are at now 3 persons on the Auralic Community who has reported problem with the dedicated galvanic isolated usb output on our new Aries G2.

Connecting this to our DAC with usb cable will not work. We have also tried many different usb cables testing this. ( I have tried 7 different cables with same result)

You can read all the history in this tread on the community.

I have now my Aries G2 connected to my DAC from the HDD usb in/out connection on the back of the Aries G2 with my Chord Signature ARAY usb cable. This will work fine and I can play music above 192 kHz and  also my DSD files..

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

Hi guys, thanks for your feedbacks!  I received my Vega G2 last week, which I am quite impressed with its performance in my system over my old Vega, and was considering getting the new Aries to go along with it.  Even though I plan to use the "Lightning Link" to connect the two, I think I will still wait until Auralic resolve this before I consider it... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I ended up getting the Aries G2 to go along with the Vega G2 that I got earlier.  I AB tested the Aries G2 against the old Aries Femto, both connected to the Vega G2 (one with HDMI and one with USB) and playing audio files off my Synology NAS via wifi.  To my surprise, Aries G2 shows marked improvement over the old Aries in the following areas based on my initial impression:

- Bass extension/tightness is most evident

- Spacing/separation (easily identifiable where each instrument/performer is)

- Clarity also improved...perhaps due to darker/cleaner background

The old Aries has now been moved to my HP rig.

1 hour ago, bstnyc said:

Hi guys, I ended up getting the Aries G2 to go along with the Vega G2 that I got earlier.  I AB tested the Aries G2 against the old Aries Femto, both connected to the Vega G2 (one with HDMI and one with USB) and playing audio files off my Synology NAS via wifi.  To my surprise, Aries G2 shows marked improvement over the old Aries in the following areas based on my initial impression:

Hi bstnyc,

Just be sure I understand your AB testing:
1) Did you connect both Aries at the same time, one via USB and the other via HDMI?
2) Or did you connect just one at a time, using USB and then HDMI for each?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, bstnyc said:

I also have the same experience with upgrading from Aries Femto to Aries G2. I have used my Aries Femto for almost three years and know my reference music very well.. The overall improvement the Aries G2 presented in my setup was very easy to hear, no A/B testing was needed for me to confirm this. I would say the overall improvement was even bigger than I hoped for when ordering the Aries G2.

This is based on listening from coax digital ( galvanic isolated) with a Nordost coax cable and the USB HDD connection on the Aries G2 ( without galvanic isolation) with Chord Signature Array USB cable to my DAC. I haven't yet got the USB-DAC galvanic isolation output to work/handshake with my DAC. I think maybe I need a separate 5V feed together with the USB- DAC output to my DAC because of a lower voltage from this dedicated USB output on the Aries G2.?? This will soon be tested....

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

26 minutes ago, mordante said:

Does anyone know is there will be a Vega G1?

The idea of pre amp/stream/dac combi sounds nice. But the stratospheric price tag of €6.4K, well that is too much for me.

Yes, the G2 series components are grossly overpriced. Period.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

3 hours ago, atletico said:

I also have the same experience with upgrading from Aries Femto to Aries G2. I have used my Aries Femto for almost three years and know my reference music very well.. The overall improvement the Aries G2 presented in my setup was very easy to hear, no A/B testing was needed for me to confirm this. I would say the overall improvement was even bigger than I hoped for when ordering the Aries G2.

This is based on listening from coax digital ( galvanic isolated) with a Nordost coax cable and the USB HDD connection on the Aries G2 ( without galvanic isolation) with Chord Signature Array USB cable to my DAC. I haven't yet got the USB-DAC galvanic isolation output to work/handshake with my DAC. I think maybe I need a separate 5V feed together with the USB- DAC output to my DAC because of a lower voltage from this dedicated USB output on the Aries G2.?? This will soon be tested....

Are you using a Vega G2 DAC? That is, is this it: (Aries Femto + Vega G2) vs (Aries G2 + Vega g2).

Thanks.

4 hours ago, atletico said:

I will receive the iDefender and iPower tomorrow normally. We have 20cm of snow in Paris, so deliveries are blocked and delayed ...

But with a DIY cable it works, so i'm pretty confident with the iDefender+iPower (but who knows :) ?) 

Question for those of you with an Aries G2 paired with a Vega G2:
I'm considering a Vega G2 with a wired LAN connection to stream from a NAS, and would like to know if adding an Aries G2 would be overkill. That is, I'd like feedback on a comparison of: (Vega G2 wired LAN) vs (Aries G2 wired LAN to Vega G2 via Lightning-Link/HDMI).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

Are you using a Vega G2 DAC? That is, is this it: (Aries Femto + Vega G2) vs (Aries G2 + Vega g2).

Thanks.

My comparison are done using (Aries Femto digital/usb to Kii Control/Kii Three active speakers ) vs ( Aries G2  digital/usb to Kii Control/Kii Three active speakers) 

Vega G2 are a superb DAC how also could be used as a preamp and streamer, maybe more like the Aries femto streaming quality ?, while Aries G2 are a dedicated superb streamer and I'm quite sure the combination Vega G2 + Aries G2 will outperform the standalone Vega G2 in streaming quality....but  maybe expensive .... 

I'm using my Aries G2 on my wi-fi only on a dedicated 5 Ghz network.  I have tested several times: My Aries Femto sounded better using this wi-fi compared to a LAN cable connection, and I think this solution are working best with my Aries G2 as well ? 

Head-fi:

8 hours ago, HookEm said:

Hi bstnyc,

Just be sure I understand your AB testing:
1) Did you connect both Aries at the same time, one via USB and the other via HDMI?
2) Or did you connect just one at a time, using USB and then HDMI for each?

Thanks.

Hi HookEm,

Yes, I connected both Aries to the Vega G2 at the same time (HDMI and USB).  I use the Lightning app to switch between input devices and DAC's inputs.

I have not compared the Aries G2 against Vega G2's internal streamer over ethernet input, but based on my previous experience with the Aries Femto, wifi already sounded better than ethernet in that thing, so I have decided to just go with wifi. 

I wonder how the Vega-G2 DAC compares to some of the well-regarded DACs, regardless of price.
For example, a comparison to the Alpha Reference Series 2 would be interesting, with a criteria like this:
* Same downstream and upstream gear & connections, switch-out just the DAC
* Alpha USB feeds DAC in both cases
* PCM resolutions up to 192/24 (no MQA)
* DAC Filter options considered part of the DAC

Dac.png

12 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I wonder how the Vega-G2 DAC compares to some of the well-regarded DACs, regardless of price.
For example, a comparison to the Alpha Reference Series 2 would be interesting, with a criteria like this:
* Same downstream and upstream gear & connections, switch-out just the DAC
* Alpha USB feeds DAC in both cases
* PCM resolutions up to 192/24 (no MQA)
* DAC Filter options considered part of the DAC

Dac.png

I am looking forward to know about these comparisons too, also with DACs like YGGY, PS AUDIO Directstream JR and DenafripsTerminator among some well regarded DACs

Hope this buzz start to make some interesting comparisons

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

5 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

I am looking forward to know about these comparisons too, also with DACs like YGGY, PS AUDIO Directstream JR and DenafripsTerminator among some well regarded DACs

Hope this buzz start to make some interesting comparisons

The problem with comparisons is that most times too many things are different (which is why I suggested keeping the Alpha USB, et al, in the Alpha-RS2 vs Vega-G2 example).

17 minutes ago, HookEm said:

BTW,
I wonder if Chris is OK?... He talked about posting an Auralic G2 review back in late December (over six weeks ago!).

Here's hoping Chris is doing well, and have just been busy with 'life'.

Chris has been busy with the launch of Superphonica.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 hours ago, HookEm said:

BTW,
I wonder if Chris is OK?... He talked about posting an Auralic G2 review back in late December (over six weeks ago!).

Here's hoping Chris is doing well, and have just been busy with 'life'.

I think mentioned an issue, he might be waiting for a firmware update I do believe.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 2 weeks later...