IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

1 hour ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

Still monitoring this thread but select to ignore someone's reply. Please feel free to ask question about G2 and I will reply regularly.

Some update from AURALIC: 

1. Development and production preparation is on schedule, we still target to ship the first batch (mostly pre-orders and trade in) to our partners by the end of September.
  2. Hardware design and optimization completed, the only thing left right now is purely software side (Lightning Link protocol and the graphic interface in front of the machine).
  3. Thanks to the galvanic isolation, VEGA G2 exhibits an astonishing low noise level with its analog output. The unweighted output noise is only 20% of the original VEGA, which will probably set a new record for industry. 

Thank you Xuanqian for the update and GREAT your on schedule!  In the future can G2 VEGA or G2 ARIES will there be additional software updates and can this be performed by end user?

11 minutes ago, tallica1 said:

Thank you Xuanqian for the update and GREAT your on schedule!  In the future can G2 VEGA or G2 ARIES will there be additional software updates and can this be performed by end user?

Hi:

Both products use our Telsa hardware platform and Lightning OS, they will receive OTA updates regularly, like the original ARIES.

Hi Xuanqian,

There are three of us in our audiophile group who are happy owners of Auralic Vega and Aries. We are all waiting for the new G2 series with anticipation. A couple of questions, if we were to upgrade from a Vega and Aries to the Vega G2 which is both a streamer and DAC, do we still need the Aries G2? If yes, then what are the benefits. Secondly, will the Vega G2 come in silver finish, all three of us prefer the silver to the black.

Keep up the good work. Believe me, there are more believers than doubters out there.

8 hours ago, Louis To said:

Hi Xuanqian,

There are three of us in our audiophile group who are happy owners of Auralic Vega and Aries. We are all waiting for the new G2 series with anticipation. A couple of questions, if we were to upgrade from a Vega and Aries to the Vega G2 which is both a streamer and DAC, do we still need the Aries G2? If yes, then what are the benefits. Secondly, will the Vega G2 come in silver finish, all three of us prefer the silver to the black.

Keep up the good work. Believe me, there are more believers than doubters out there.

Hi Louis:

The VEGA G2 use same Lightning OS firmware which is similar to ARIES G2 but there are some hardware connectivity limitations. VEGA G2 does not come with 1) WiFi connection; 2) Internal SSD expansion slot; 3) USB port. Your only streaming source will be music on NAS drive or TIDAL/Qobuz/RoonReady/AirPlay (no bluetooth). If those wont bother you, then you can just use VEGA G2 without ARIES G2.

For the finishing options, all G2 series are black only. We can take order for silver special version directly if there are enough interest, this is due to factory production schedule. 

Considering that the Auralic VEGA G2 comes with streaming capabilities, with its Tesla platform, power supply etc, that leaves wondering me if in the other hand, the UltraRendu, LPS-1, FMC & Fiber and all those add ons are in par with that the VEGA comes with?...i have read that some prefer the one box solution, so how good will the VEGA G2 in this field in terms of its design vs the other configuration, any suggestions?

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

On 7/26/2017 at 2:03 PM, mikicasellas said:

Considering that the Auralic VEGA G2 comes with streaming capabilities, with its Tesla platform, power supply etc, that leaves wondering me if in the other hand, the UltraRendu, LPS-1, FMC & Fiber and all those add ons are in par with that the VEGA comes with?...i have read that some prefer the one box solution, so how good will the VEGA G2 in this field in terms of its design vs the other configuration, any suggestions?

That is my exact question as well.

Been looking at the Halo Audio Spring Level 3 as a sweet spot but the reports that it needs a couple of upstream pieces of gear plus cables has me looking at the Aries G2 as a "single box" solution.

With the investment in Roon and a decent NAS it is a pricey alternative.

I do have confidence in both designers but I always favor the simplest configuration no matter what the system.

No decision yet. Have to bide my time to get reports on the specifics.

There is a lot to like about solutions.

Patience Grasshopper...

On 26/7/2017 at 7:22 AM, Wang Xuanqian said:

Hi Louis:

The VEGA G2 use same Lightning OS firmware which is similar to ARIES G2 but there are some hardware connectivity limitations. VEGA G2 does not come with 1) WiFi connection; 2) Internal SSD expansion slot; 3) USB port. Your only streaming source will be music on NAS drive or TIDAL/Qobuz/RoonReady/AirPlay (no bluetooth). If those wont bother you, then you can just use VEGA G2 without ARIES G2.

For the finishing options, all G2 series are black only. We can take order for silver special version directly if there are enough interest, this is due to factory production schedule. 

Hi Wang,

I am a bit confused here, when you said there is no USB port, what do you mean by that, i see a USB " HS input" in the back of the unit, what is the USB port for or in this case the USB "HS input" which the unit handles?

Thanks

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

38 minutes ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

Sorry I  did not make it clear. The VEGA does not have USB Host connector, which means you can not plug a USB drive to play the content inside, but it still have USB device connector which make it work as USB DAC when connecting to computer or streamer.

Yes after freaking out about no USB I figured out that this is what you meant.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, Wang Xuanqian said:

Sorry I  did not make it clear. The VEGA does not have USB Host connector, which means you can not plug a USB drive to play the content inside, but it still have USB device connector which make it work as USB DAC when connecting to computer or streamer.

Thanks for clarifying this.

If i stream from the Vega, would i achieve the same SQ than if doing it with the ARIES G2?

Trying to figure the simplest method to connect to and play music from a Vega G2 only source.

I feel like a dumbsh!t here but would this "system" work?

NAS connected to my Roon installed Win10 laptop, Ethernet connected from the NAS to the Vega G2.

Roon config'd on the Vega G2 as an end point.

iPod Mini with Roon as a controller for playing music from the NAS to the Vega G2.

Would I also need the iOS iPeng installed on the iPad Mini.

TIA

12 hours ago, Milt99 said:

Roon config'd on the Vega G2 as an end point.

I'd probably want to use something a little cheaper as a Roon endpoint, as it will replace a lot of the work Auralic has done to shape their sound. But perhaps thats the goal.

Otherwise, thats the way Roon works: music on a NAS (or local), a Roon server pulling that music and sending it to a Roon endpoint by command of a Roon controller somewhere, all on the same network.

Maybe I stated that a bit backward but configuring the Vega as a Roon endpoint as it has that capability.

I know know pretty much nothing about the details of what Roon "does" as far as an endpoint.

I figured an endpoint was just a device accessible by the Roon software, i.e., able to play or control what is being sent to

an endpoint via Roon.

Looks like I've got some learnin' to do :)

I've got an Aries Mini which I use with an external DAC and a linear power supply.  I think it's a great product  but in terms of upgrading the G2 Aries is way too expensive (and overspeced) for me so I'm hoping that even the G1 will be a significant improvement over the Mini (with LPSU) but still have the user fit HDD and act as a server.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:11 PM, Aspro said:

I've got an Aries Mini which I use with an external DAC and a linear power supply.  I think it's a great product  but in terms of upgrading the G2 Aries is way too expensive (and overspeced) for me so I'm hoping that even the G1 will be a significant improvement over the Mini (with LPSU) but still have the user fit HDD and act as a server.

I am in the same boat wanting to shift away from my Mac Mini.  My concern with the G1 path (my speculation) is that they will not offer a USB out so that I can use my own DAC (Benchmark DAC2).  I hope that is not the case.

I am considering the option of going with Small Green Computer as a server and then a network streamer from SOtM but that puts me in the Tidal/Roon streaming bucket.....will those services be around for the long haul?  That is my question.  Without Tidal/Roon that path is a dead end.

22 minutes ago, Booster MPS said:

I am in the same boat wanting to shift away from my Mac Mini.  My concern with the G1 path (my speculation) is that they will not offer a USB out so that I can use my own DAC (Benchmark DAC2).  I hope that is not the case.

I am considering the option of going with Small Green Computer as a server and then a network streamer from SOtM but that puts me in the Tidal/Roon streaming bucket.....will those services be around for the long haul?  That is my question.  Without Tidal/Roon that path is a dead end.

You needn't wait for either the G2 or G1 versions.  The current versions of Aries or Aries mini can detach you from the Mac.  They both have USB out and also do Tidal/Roon, except for Tidal Mqa or Roon without a Nas you will need to re-insert the Mac.  Auralic does provide good software with the box so no need to spend on Roon.  Probably good deals available on Aries in anticipation of new product.

Martin.

6 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

You can also use Quobuz with Roon, so streaming wise you have a degree of redundancy there.

I own the Aries Mini, now in my headphone station, and have owned the Aries Femto (sold to buy a new main system streaming solution) and agree that the Lighting DS control app is good. But it isn't as good as Roon. Either from a functionality or SQ perspective.

1 hour ago, George Hincapie said:

You can also use Quobuz with Roon

Since when?  As far as I know, there is no Roon/Qobuz integration like there is with TIDAL.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@George Hincapie and @Hauser Thanks!  Agree with the current line up fitting the bill of my needs.  No doubt about that and both would be good choices.  I suppose since we are on the edge of a product line update from Auralic (G2 likely out of reach and Aries Mini/G1 unknown) I am in a bit of a wait and see mode.  With system upgrades there is always something new or evolving so you can never time it right.  Knowing what I know today, the Aries Femto gives me my all in one server/network streamer solution, just curious on what is around the corner.