IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

On 7/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Which photograph would you purchase?

Photograph by:

1. Average Joe photographer with a 100 megapixel medium format camera. 

Or

2. Ansel Adams with a Polaroid. 

Now switch this to DACs and interfaces. I'll go with S/PDIF from the best designers over i2s from a lesser designer any day. 

Talking about technologies in a vacuum doesn't advance the conversation and can really misinform people. 

CA: Interesting analogy. A couple points. Firstly, you might be surprised what a average Joe can shoot/capture.

Secondly, although I don't know the photographer mentioned, I suspect he is a commercial  "success" ? (If so, that comes replete with its own oddity --how most garner the notoriety, that is)

Since i have have more interest in the average Joe, to answer your question, I'd take '100-Mega Joe'.

Yet, here's where your analogy falls short --by some stretch , your AA/Polaroid is hardly Wang/Auralic. In fact, his Aries G2 screen-shot looks like a carbon copy of MoOde's $10.00 GUI. If so, hardly an innovator. And since I'm not here to pick on anyone in particular, could it be that perhaps much of his Auralic (Aura-lie, Aura-got-licked?) Streamer (among many others is should be stated) may be based on a modified Raspberry Pi architecture  (that can be purchased for $35.00)? (Once again, I leave the field to you, to help answer, or correct.)

Moving back somewhat, I noticed a few readers bent-out-of-shape over my comments regarding the digital interface options of Wang's new oddities. Most bizarre.

Yet, it brings up a couple points-in-fact. Firstly, the  original Thread/Post (sorry, I don't know the correct terminology)  was started by Mr. Wang/Auralic.  

We have a few early readers noting the HDMI, Word Clock connections --before the answers began rolling (crashing?) in.

Some time later, I wrote in, the first thing was to note the beautiful design, construction (and physical functionality) of the new designs. (That's in answer to one of the angry disciples that incorrectly suggested I "trashed" the company/products ?)

Bottom line; we'll see how clever both we the readers & Mr. Wang really are. And whether he,  and we have heeded some of the concerns discussed here. (A bit like "Us & Them" --Floyd, no ?)

peter jasz

On 7/15/2017 at 2:29 PM, jtwrace said:

Art is purely subjective.  Audio isn't.  People make it so but there is a direct correlation to measurements but most want to overlook that for many reasons.  

JTW: I disagree. I  feel CA's analogy was appropriate  with some caveats I failed to introduce in my original reply.

Namely,(and correctly), within a limited budget but impressive design chops, a talented chap may be very well have the hand up/edge. But with both the financial means both in R&D and final selling price (that by the way is four-thousand-dollars, US$ G2 Aries Streamer), Polaroid mechanical's don't even enter into the equation, comparison on indeed the analogy itself. The resources are there to 'have-it-all' .

Yet, the best part may be that of what can (should) come; a Shoot-out  between the Polaroid wielding amateurs with the Raspberry Pi's, and the slick, pricey Auralic GE series Streamer ! (Now that would be educational, don't you think, CA?)

peter jasz   

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

That says it all :~)

Now back to the topic at hand. 

Does it, CA ? ( I believe we 'get' the picture, without having to know his preferred under-pants)

pj

P.S. I know you that you know that not only your comments and analogies, but the side-stepping talk (so-to-speak) is very relative to the topic at hand.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No. You don't seem to get anything I say and your responses don't make sense to me. 

Not being personal or attacking you, just stating how I see this situation. I'll bow out of this discussion now. 

CA: I do understand the delicate balance you must maintain here, professionally, and personally. I also realize that you are a very busy man. 

But don't bow-out now, the end (so-to-speak), the revelation, is close at hand. I, as you, would rather not blather endlessly. There is a  point to it. A vital, and essential one, that I believe you are aware, that lies around the corner.

pj

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That says it all :~)

Now back to the topic at hand. 

I guess you may be right.

Therefore, how would your readers take to the following: " ..... a Shoot-out  between the Polaroid wielding amateurs with Raspberry Pi's (mini-computer/Streamer), and the slick, pricey Auralic G2 series Streamer, or other, Ansel Adams ... "

(Clearly, an inline, educational, and relevant exercise) 

peter jasz   

7 hours ago, allhifi said:

JTW: I disagree. I  feel CA's analogy was appropriate  with some caveats I failed to introduce in my original reply.

Namely,(and correctly), within a limited budget but impressive design chops, a talented chap may be very well have the hand up/edge. But with both the financial means both in R&D and final selling price (that by the way is four-thousand-dollars, US$ G2 Aries Streamer), Polaroid mechanical's don't even enter into the equation, comparison on indeed the analogy itself. The resources are there to 'have-it-all' .

Yet, the best part may be that of what can (should) come; a Shoot-out  between the Polaroid wielding amateurs with the Raspberry Pi's, and the slick, pricey Auralic GE series Streamer ! (Now that would be educational, don't you think, CA?)

peter jasz   

Allfi what is your expert technical background?  Or do you only google search? ... otherwise you're opinion is quite insulting on the thread that Auralic's Xuanquin started..

you have said nothing valuable regarding AURALIC G2 equipment AND it's obvious you know absolutely nothing about it..

I can assure you that your jealously comes across through your constant banter.. 

13 hours ago, tallica1 said:

Allfi what is your expert technical background?  Or do you only google search? ... otherwise you're opinion is quite insulting on the thread that Auralic's Xuanquin started..

you have said nothing valuable regarding AURALIC G2 equipment AND it's obvious you know absolutely nothing about it..

I can assure you that your jealously comes across through your constant banter.. 

Right. Spend a few minutes reading from this from the beginning (you can skip the ego massaging ones -easy to spot- to save a few seconds) and report back.

Jealous ? Oh yes. That I would personally be uneasy/unable to offer up a sub-par connectivity product to an indifferent buying public  while providing no explanation (where are you Mr. Wang?) while simultaneously offering up a superior digital interface (over HDMi no less) to be enjoyed only by those with his proprietary matching DAC/Streamer --oh, after forking over another $4K ! Nice.  

The sheer assumptions that must be made. For that, indeed, I am most jealous.

And you consider it banter ?

pj

13 hours ago, tallica1 said:

tallica: One other thing. There are a couple things that impress me.

One, is the sheer mechanical beauty of finely constructed (audio) equipment/hardware (some of Auralic's products certainly qualify. Have you seen the interior of the last generation Vega --very, very nice.)

The other, conversely, is when a paper-weight fabrication can give said mechanical messiah a real challenge. 

I'm just not sure what impresses me more. Yet.

pj

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree :~)

Uh-huh. Do you not find it even remotely unusual that the beloved Mr. Wang is suspiciously absent from this post that he himself started ? 

Now would be a good time to use you insider connections to make that connection with Auralic's head honcho. It's only appropriate.

And then, perhaps this topic can mercifully (although it was fun) not exceed 5-pages of unnecessary (but essential) discussion.

I know you can do it. Bring in the fine Mr. Wang to set the record straight.

pj

On 7/19/2017 at 9:41 AM, allhifi said:

tallica: One other thing. There are a couple things that impress me.

One, is the sheer mechanical beauty of finely constructed (audio) equipment/hardware (some of Auralic's products certainly qualify. Have you seen the interior of the last generation Vega --very, very nice.)

The other, conversely, is when a paper-weight fabrication can give said mechanical messiah a real challenge. 

I'm just not sure what impresses me more. Yet.

pj

wait a second why would anybody have to try to impress you?

On 7/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, allhifi said:

Uh-huh. Do you not find it even remotely unusual that the beloved Mr. Wang is suspiciously absent from this post that he himself started ? 

Now would be a good time to use you insider connections to make that connection with Auralic's head honcho. It's only appropriate.

And then, perhaps this topic can mercifully (although it was fun) not exceed 5-pages of unnecessary (but essential) discussion.

I know you can do it. Bring in the fine Mr. Wang to set the record straight.

pj

Do you really thing Xuanqian has time to waste listening to your nonsense and badmouthing a brand and new technology you know absolutely nothing about...and most importantly will never purchase?

Ofcourse not. 

The record is straight. 

17 hours ago, tallica1 said:

Do you really thing Xuanqian has time to waste listening to your nonsense and badmouthing a brand and new technology you know absolutely nothing about...and most importantly will never purchase?

Ofcourse not. 

The record is straight. 

But Wang has the time to start this thing ? By starting this post himself, he initiated a free product 'plug'.

Yet he's is too busy to answer why the Aries G2 Streamer only offers SPDIF to non-Auarlic partners while his proprietary 'Lightning Link' (over HDMi no less) providing superior jitter performance is offered to his matching DAC customers ?  

(Sharper readers know why he hasn't chimed in -the answers are obvious)

So tallica, unless you identify yourself (disclose your real name) the record is never straight. 

pj

18 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I have the original Vega and started reading this thread today hoping to learn something about the new one but Chris allowed allhifi to hijack/troll the topic several pages ago and turn reading it into a waste of time. I've been using a microRendu with the Vega until two days ago when I switched to the ultraRendu so a lack of the interfaces that allhifi has been ranting about in the new DAC doesn't concern me in the least. Hopefully allhifi hasn't chased everyone off and there's still a chance to get some information out of this thread before he takes it down in flames. 

+1. Here's hoping.

What are your impressions of the UR? A worthwhile upgrade or too soon to say?

40 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

+1. Here's hoping.

What are your impressions of the UR? A worthwhile upgrade or too soon to say?

Too soon to say but my initial impressions are favorable. My microRendu with the 1.4 update just got back today so I've got some listening to do but this discussion should probably go over to the Sonore forums. 

2 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Hopefully... xxx hasn't chased everyone off and there's still a chance to get some information out of this thread before he takes it down in flames. 

I'm still monitoring\lurking on this thread as I suspect are many others.

11 hours ago, Milt99 said:

I'm still monitoring\lurking on this thread as I suspect are many others.

Yes I think you are correct, personally I am hopping that Auralic will give some more information about the Aries G1 and when G1-series is planned to be released. Hoping that G1 will be a bit more humanly priced compared to G2 of-course. :)