IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

16 hours ago, atletico said:

Right now I'm using the coax output from the Aries G2 to the Kii Control /"digital preamp" . It sounds very "big" and dynamic. I have also used the USB,  both sounds extremely well...The Aries G2 and Kii Three are a superb match  in my living room..

The DAC's are inside each speakers and will handle up to 24/384 kHz and DSD128 ( from the USB)  input on the Kii Control. I have three digital inputs on the Kii Control and I also use my turntable / phono-preamp analog direct into the XLR input on each speaker. All controlled by a remote to the Kii Control. The XLR input on the back of each speaker can be set up as digital or analog from the Kii Control.

What you wrote is very dangerous for my bank account ... ?

40 minutes ago, SonicYouth said:

DAC + Streamer + Upsampler + Clock ~ $20.000. No Amp. No LS. Forced to IOS. SQ must be intergalactic impressive! Heavy competition.

I am wondering how the Aries G2 compares vs the dCS NB and the Sonore ultraRendu.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,  I am a current Vega/Aries owner and am very interested in what improvements are made to the G2 components.  My local dealer (a new dealer who just started carrying Auralic products) and I did an AB comparison between Vega G2 and my Vega (the dealer actual does not carry original Vega).  We used all the same equipments (no Aries is used though) just switching the USB and analogue cables between the two DACs.  IMHO, Vega G2 is a big step up from the original.  I was quite shocked by the following differences that I was able to easily observed during the test:

- Overall: I have never found the Vega to lack in livliness/dimensionality, but in direct comparison to the G2, it just sounded flat.

- Soundstage: G2 definitely went wider and deeper, more dimensional presentation.

- Separation: inatruments’ separation are clearer with the G2 and each instrument seem to be more defined.

I have put in my order for the Vega G2 right after the test, that’s how big of a diff there is.  BTW, my dealer said that demand is much higher than Auralic’s ability to produce and it will the end of the year before I can get my unit.

As for Aries G2, my dealer told me the new DAC sounds even better with the new Aries, but I am still having doubts about how the new Aries achieves that.  I saw on YouTube that Mr. Wang commented about how new Vega’s design (galvanic isolation and buffering) will produce same quality output regardless of source....then what’s the point of upgrading Aries?  Maybe I misunderstood the comments...can someone please educate me on this?  I guess I will bring in my Aries/Vega combo to test against the G2 combo next time....will report back.

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have the Vega G2 and Aries G2 and will publish a review in about one week. 

And what is your first feedback about the Aries G2 (without the Vega G2) as a pure streamer against original Aries ? I'll pull the trigger to the Aries G2, but if the differences are not here or very subtle and you need the Aries G2+Vega G2 to unleash the potential of the Aries G2, i'll retain myself ...

44 minutes ago, deuch said:

And what is your first feedback about the Aries G2 (without the Vega G2) as a pure streamer against original Aries ? I'll pull the trigger to the Aries G2, but if the differences are not here or very subtle and you need the Aries G2+Vega G2 to unleash the potential of the Aries G2, i'll retain myself ...

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

• 2 weeks later...

An early Christmas present to myself, just upgraded my Auralic Vega DAC to the new Vega G2 Series. Thanks to my friendly dealer Audio By Mark Jones, who managed to score 2 new units, while much of the world has to wait until January 2018 for the factory to catch up with demands. 
Upon opening the box, the build quality is immediately evident in the beautiful finish. The unity chassis is machined from a single billet of aluminium, which takes 6 hours to machine a single unit. A pair of white gloves is supplied so you do not get fingerprints on the silken finish. The retina resolution display is gorgeous with the jewel-like machine case. It took less than 5 minutes for the Auralic Lightning DS control App to load in my 320,000 songs library and I was streaming music from my network NAS in 15 minutes.
The original Vega DAC was universally praised for its transparent dynamic sound. Auralic has managed to retain all the strengths of the original Vega and elevated them by several notches. The Vega G2 DAC is not just an update of the original Vega, it is a complete re-design from the ground up by the team at Auralic, with over 2 years of R&D invested. This is one seriously high-end DAC, packing all the latest digital technologies and ESS DAC chip customized for Auralic. Transparency, details, explosive dynamics, huge soundstage, rich timbral purity, natural instrument decays and all the characters an audiophile looks for in a high-end DAC are all here. As an audiophile, the best audio components are those that make me sit up and take notice whenever a musical passage is presented with the purity and absolute resolution of the original instruments. This DAC does it for me. 
I have heard several high-end DACs costing well over 5 figures in the past, this Vega G2 can keep up with the best of them. I believe that this Auralic Vega G2 is punching well above its own weight. I have been listening to this DAC for 3 days and I cannot stop listening to it with a wide grin on my face, that’s probably the best compliment I can give to this phenomenal DAC. Well done AURALiC.

My unit is the Vega G2 Streamer/DAC, although the streaming function is quite limited. Since my single music library source is on a Synology NAS, the streamer via Ethernet input was enough to get me going. I was quite pleasantly surprised that the Lightning DS App loaded my 12 TB library in 5 minutes. Previously I was using the Lumin Control App on the same iPad and it was noticeably slower than the Auralic Lightning DS App. So far everything was running smoothly with no glitch and or noise. I changed songs with varying sampling rates often and things are loaded within 2 to 3 seconds with no issues. My unit retails for US $5,700 or in my country Canadian $7,740. I have been told that the Aries G2 will make the Vega G2 sound even better with the Lightning Link between the 2 units. I will wait and see what Chris at this Forum has to say about this.

20 hours ago, Louis To said:

My unit is the Vega G2 Streamer/DAC, although the streaming function is quite limited. Since my single music library source is on a Synology NAS, the streamer via Ethernet input was enough to get me going. I was quite pleasantly surprised that the Lightning DS App loaded my 12 TB library in 5 minutes. Previously I was using the Lumin Control App on the same iPad and it was noticeably slower than the Auralic Lightning DS App. So far everything was running smoothly with no glitch and or noise. I changed songs with varying sampling rates often and things are loaded within 2 to 3 seconds with no issues. My unit retails for US $5,700 or in my country Canadian $7,740. I have been told that the Aries G2 will make the Vega G2 sound even better with the Lightning Link between the 2 units. I will wait and see what Chris at this Forum has to say about this.

Adding the Aries G2 would be a step up since the streaming processing and the noise is in another enclosure. The lightning link would be a clocked signal to the Dac, bypassing the legacy input processing. 

In reality, Auralic could have dispensed with the legacy inputs like Toslink, but then it would’ve been a very closed shoppe.

Gapless ok?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA