IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi @kennyb123 - That's really strange. No matter what i do I can't get the top menu to not show up like in your screenshot (see mine attached).

I don't consider the choice to get rid of the app going backwards in 2017. Many companies are now going back to web interfaces because they've improved so much over the years. Maintaining apps is a real time and money drainer. Weighing the pros and cons of keeping vs. discontinuing the app, the cons far outweighed the pros. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.32.02 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @kennyb123 - That's really strange. No matter what i do I can't get the top menu to not show up like in your screenshot (see mine attached).

I don't consider the choice to get rid of the app going backwards in 2017. Many companies are now going back to web interfaces because they've improved so much over the years. Maintaining apps is a real time and money drainer. Weighing the pros and cons of keeping vs. discontinuing the app, the cons far outweighed the pros. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.32.02 PM.png

IMO, the new mobile experience is *better* than the older.

Text is larger and more clear, and the functionality I actually use when mobile (e.g., view all unread / updated topics, scroll, mark all read) is easier to use, since the interface is larger / less fussy to interact with.

Understand for others this may not be the case, or that they use different functionality that may no longer work the way it used to.  Just sharing my thoughts.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you tap the green dot next to a thread, you are taken to the first new post. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.53.32 PM.png

That is not functioning for me on Safari on my iPhone 7 Plus. It works on Chrome though.  I guess I'll use Chrome for CA.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Ah, I just discovered the issue with Safari on my iPhone 7 Plus.  A content blocker was blocking those menus.  Adding computeraudiophile to the whitelist solved the problem.  It had also been blocking the ability to go to new posts in a thread.

i apologize for placing blame on the new site.  I will give it another chance.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 minute ago, kennyb123 said:

Ah, I just discovered the issue with Safari on my iPhone 7 Plus.  A content blocker was blocking those menus.  Adding computeraudiophile to the whitelist solved the problem.  It had also been blocking the ability to go to new posts in a thread.

That's the kind of thing I really like to read. Thanks for the follow up Kenny. You just saved me time trying to figure out why it wasn't working. 

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions. Thanks for your contributions to CA for the last 6 years and 1 day :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you tap the green dot next to a thread, you are taken to the first new post. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.53.32 PM.png

Took me awhile to realize this while on my iPad, but glad I found it. The only thing I would wish for is that the dot was a little bigger....it's pretty hard to push correctly with "fat fingers" LOL.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

2 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

A fair number of new things to get accustomed to, as there always are with a change such as this.

By the way, Chris is right that there is a trend away from apps and toward dynamic websites that reconfigure themselves depending on what you're accessing them from.  I don't know how big the trend will be or how long it will last, but I do know of multiple Fortune 20 companies that are doing this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's the kind of thing I really like to read. Thanks for the follow up Kenny. You just saved me time trying to figure out why it wasn't working. 

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions. Thanks for your contributions to CA for the last 6 years and 1 day :~)

The content blocker was enabled on my iPad too, but the problem wasn't occurring there.  The difference is the one setting illustrated below.  By switching this to off, I was able to remove computeraudiophile from the whitelist.  So Safari behaves properly with this turned off.  

Wow, it's been a day over 6 years?  Digital has evolved so much since then and I have you and this community to thank for that.  Sorry again that I was initially testy.  I guess I'm now one of THOSE users who's uncomfortable with change.

IMG_0012.PNG

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Richard: Got to your profile and click on the black tab (which is hard to distinguish as it borders a black area) on the RH side - "About Me"

Could you post a picture? I didn't find that ...

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Richard: Got to your profile and click on the black tab (which is hard to distinguish as it borders a black area) on the RH side - "About Me"

Odd - I found it on your profile, but mine does not even have the About Me tab. 

Chris, is this something you're adding on an as-requested basis? It's not a big deal for me, as I tend to keep my equipment list current in my signature, but seem to remember I had put something in my old site profile that I'd like to recover and update.

Not a high priority, though.

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Odd - I found it on your profile, but mine does not even have the About Me tab. 

Chris, is this something you're adding on an as-requested basis? It's not a big deal for me, as I tend to keep my equipment list current in my signature, but seem to remember I had put something in my old site profile that I'd like to recover and update.

Not a high priority, though.

Yes, I did it custom. I just go back to the old site, copy the info, and paste it in per request. Yours is there now.

54 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

A HUGE improvement - THX!

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Signatures aren't appearing in the mobile view. I believe this is to save space on small screens. I will look to see what's going on with this. 

Maybe that is not a bug, but a feature of the mobile view.  B|

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 3/25/2017 at 3:14 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

(I don't have time to figure out the new quoting crap, but I wanted to complete this reply)

Chris,

On 3/24/2017 at 06:25 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
In fact, based on your comments, it seems like you have a vested interest in some items here on CA. Perhaps your business was benefiting from CA and now things ave changed. If you were just a casual reader, I don't think you'd have made some of those comments.

On 3/25/2017 at 03:14 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
Are you here to help or for purely personal reasons that are unrelated to CA?

On 3/25/2017 at 02:21 PM,  Daudio said:
Sorry for the tone (really), but you have brought it on yourself...

The reason for my negative tone was due to your above responses, to timely, realistic criticism, with accusations of conspiracy, malfeasance, or something mysterious and evil  :(

That is out simply of place here, and, I thought, beyond you. I really hope those comments were just the result of extreme exhaustion and stress, and not your normal way of thinking.

But then, this isn’t the first time I’ve noticed you not handling site criticism well. It might be something to think about in the future ? Could it be that the excess of trollish behavior on CA is subconsciously rubbing off ? Nah, we'll just call it stress. For now.

On 3/25/2017 at 03:14 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
If you want things fixed, please be helpful. So far you've been unwilling to help.

Unwilling to help ?? WTF! How about, NOT ASKED. That would be a prerequisite before complaining about willingness.

And I DID help, capturing and posting a screenshot of the old CA for comparison (ending talk about the white background), as well as a number of bug notifications, and got soundly ignored for my troubles. But no, I did not suck up, so does that explain this unhelpful reaction ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will let you get back to your unenviable tasks, with one finial bug report:

I've not seen a single Comment to any of my Blog posts since the 'upgrade'. I'd like to reply to one I saw before, but can't see any now. From the bottom of one of my Blog posts:

3 Comments
There are no comments to display.

While I can't see mine, I can see comments to other member Blog posts, just not mine. I doubt this is specific to me, probably no one can see their own Blog comments, at least that's my guess...

(note: this relates to browser based presentation only)