IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

13 hours ago, rossco said:

Thanks Miska - I am not really sure how to check this or what is relevant. My switch is unmanaged (netgear) and works (passes to NAA) when the linux firewall is off, and the VPN is off. So is this something I should be check in the PC or network? Any pointers are helpful. Thanks.

Usually when you start VPN it changes routing tables. So check at least the routes once it is up.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

20 hours ago, rossco said:

I should be check in the PC or network?

Check the routes as @Miska suggested on your SERVER PC not the NAA, since you are running Linux Mint (which I'm not directly familiar with but I'm familiar with the others)

If you are using netplan (modern linux does) for the network config be sure on the adapter (network adapter that is) connected to the NAA you have this entry on your netplan (in my case eno1 is my network adapter)

eno1:
   dhcp4: no
   addresses: [youripaddresshere]
   routes:
   - to: 224.0.0.0/4
     scope: link

netplan apply (after)

there you are adding a static route for multicast, still the VPN might change the routes and add its own entry for multicast I don't really know what the case is

If you are not using netplan for the network config just enter this on a terminal to test (the command on Mint might be slightly different)

route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eno1

Additionally and I don't know if this is your case but I have found issues myself with other VPN's which required using "specific ipsec supported routes" to be added for the VPN. Since you are using NordVPN (which I never have)

Look for this option and turn it off if present "Invisibility on the LAN"

turn off this option as well "cybersec" if it is in your client

2 hours ago, rossco said:

SIOCADDRT: operation not permitted.

I'm sorry try "sudo route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eno2"

The problem it is definitely the multicast route missing due to the VPN updating the routing table (as Miska commented)

@Miska, I understand correctly that a bunch can theoretically work. HQPE is installed on Pi4. BubbleUPnP to PI4 (HQPE) processes stereo in a 4-8 band stream DSP to UPnP (MPD) receiver or NAA receiver (BBB or Pi3-4) and then multichannel DAC. It turns out PI4 with HQPE installed on it can work as a separate audio render with DSP processing.

11 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

@Miska, I understand correctly that a bunch can theoretically work. HQPE is installed on Pi4. BubbleUPnP to PI4 (HQPE) processes stereo in a 4-8 band stream DSP to UPnP (MPD) receiver or NAA receiver (BBB or Pi3-4) and then multichannel DAC. It turns out PI4 with HQPE installed on it can work as a separate audio render with DSP processing.

Not to any UPnP thingie, only to a local DAC or a NAA DAC.

10 hours ago, bibo01 said:

@MiskaI don't remember exactly in which thread, but there was some talk about USB controller onboard in order to have support at fs32x. Specifically, if I am not mistaken, you suggested Intel controller. Does this apply to USB support as native by CPU?

It doesn't matter where the USB controller is located, only thing that matters are technical properties of the controller.

11 minutes ago, Traktorist3d said:

As far as I know, you are familiar with Pavel Pogodin, who brought DSC to mind. In theory, the bundle should work. HQPE (Pi4) will send to BBB with PURE firmware and NAA enabled on it. If so it would be great.

Pure.gif

Yes I know Pavel and that he has created number of variants of my DSC DAC design. I also have one of those.

And yes, if you have a NAA endpoint, you can send audio there from HQPlayer. But this is first time I'm hearing about "PURE firmware".

How much you can do on Pi4 depends on what exactly you are trying to do. It just about manages upsampling to stereo DSD64 with lighter settings. So if your goal is to output to DSC DAC, you will have some hard time running the modulators.

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

How much you can do on Pi4 depends on what exactly you are trying to do. It just about manages upsampling to stereo DSD64 with lighter settings. So if your goal is to output to DSC DAC, you will have some hard time running the modulators.

I just need a bundle to install a DSP in a car without being tied to a PC (x86)
Which will basically receive 44.100 over UPnP from BubbleUPnP / HI-FI Cast / MConnect and other applications and send to Pi4 (as I understand it is more productive than Pi3 when working with HQPE) with HQPE installed on it (which, in turn, will share stereo for 4-8 channels with DSP processing (LPF, HPF convolution, time delays)), then the processed channels on PURE with NAA and through a multichannel reclocker from Pavel to a multichannel PCM DAC. In theory, such a bundle should work.
DSD is not needed

1 minute ago, Traktorist3d said:

Which will basically receive 44.100 over UPnP from BubbleUPnP / HI-FI Cast / MConnect and other applications and send to Pi4 (as I understand it is more productive than Pi3 when working with HQPE)

Pi4 is certainly better. In addition, HQPlayer Embedded is not supported on Pi3 or older at all.

2 minutes ago, Traktorist3d said:

with HQPE installed on it (which, in turn, will share stereo for 4-8 channels with DSP processing (LPF, HPF convolution, time delays))

With convolution the filter size usually matters quite a bit.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, luisma said:

I'm sorry try "sudo route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eno2"

The problem it is definitely the multicast route missing due to the VPN updating the routing table (as Miska commented)

Thanks @luisma I am not sure it made any difference. I think at this point I would settle for getting it to run with just the firewall on!

21 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

As far as I know, you are familiar with Pavel Pogodin, who brought DSC to mind. In theory, the bundle should work. HQPE (Pi4) will send to BBB with PURE firmware and NAA enabled on it. If so it would be great.

Pure.gif

Spasibo bolshoe for mentioning the PURE firmware! I have reactivated my dusty BBB and have Tidal Connect now! Besides NAA (not yet tested) and more.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

13 hours ago, Holzohr said:

Spasibo bolshoe for mentioning the PURE firmware! I have reactivated my dusty BBB and have Tidal Connect now! Besides NAA (not yet tested) and more.

AFAIK there's a networking DAC project up and going, feat. BBB>PURE OS>I2S> R2R DAC DSC 2.5~6 based on @Miska 's original open source and developed by Pavel @ppyand his sideman assembling the units. First happy owners abroad in Europe right now.

1 minute ago, bobflood said:

Chris, Are you getting this using your Win 10 NAA or did you have to go direct from your server MB with Intel USB? Which DAC are you using?

Windows gave me trouble running NAA at 1536 kHz. I switched to running @Miska's NAA linux image on the same hardware, just booting with USB stick, and it works perfect. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png