IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

My searches regarding passing creds to website via schedule tasks in Windows, I'm finding many others asking if its possible and so far no solutions

After a few more hours with each, I think for now I prefer the NAA image over the HQPe image.

They are different. One is more alive and the other is easier.

Thank you for building and hosting the images. Having built and deployed many thousands of machines over my career I'm very happy to not have to fuss with the OS at all in your ecosphere of software.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:38 AM, lpost said:

My searches regarding passing creds to website via schedule tasks in Windows, I'm finding many others asking if its possible and so far no solutions

You can find "curl" utility for Windows. If you can schedule that utility to be run at certain time on Windows, you don't need more.

Another alternative is to use WSL, but I think it is overkill for the task.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks. My first search turned up this:

Starting with Windows 10 v 1803, the OS now ships with a copy of CURL. It is already set up, and you can start using it right away.

Works perfectly, thanks Jussi. 

• 2 weeks later...

salut Miska

J'ai acheté une licence hqplayerd pour allo signature usbridge. Ça a marché. Mais j'ai flashé une nouvelle carte SD sur mon appareil et cela ne fonctionne plus. Que devrais-je faire

Hi Miska

I bought a hqplayerd license for allo signature usbridge. It worked. But I flashed a new SD card on my device and it doesn't work anymore. What should i do

18 hours ago, jeep972 said:

Salut Miska

J'ai acheté une licence hqplayerd pour allo signature usbridge. Ça a marché. Mais j'ai flashé une nouvelle carte SD sur mon appareil et cela ne fonctionne plus. Que devrais-je faire

18 hours ago, jeep972 said:

Hi Miska

I bought a hqplayerd license for allo signature usbridge. It worked. But I flashed a new SD card on my device and it doesn't work anymore. What should i do

all is right ...

Hello everyone. Is there anyone running HQPE on Pi4? Can I roughly find out how much RAM HQPE for Pi4 will consume by running HQP for win and enabling the same conversion mode as in HQPE for pi4? I just choose to buy a Pi4 with 4gb RAM or 2 Gb. On PI, you will need to receive stereo via UPnP, break high, low frequencies + delays using filters.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:18 AM, Traktorist3d said:

Hello everyone. Is there anyone running HQPE on Pi4? Can I roughly find out how much RAM HQPE for Pi4 will consume by running HQP for win and enabling the same conversion mode as in HQPE for pi4? I just choose to buy a Pi4 with 4gb RAM or 2 Gb. On PI, you will need to receive stereo via UPnP, break high, low frequencies + delays using filters.

I would just buy the 4GB model for a few bucks more. I ran HQPe on RPi4 for a while. The interface is slow and would not recommend it. It works it's just not the best experience.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:30 PM, Miska said:

It has Intel Atom CPU (SoC). It certainly works with DSD1024 to T+A HA 200, and thus also 1.5M PCM should work. I'll try to check it over the weekend on Denafrips Ares II I'm now playing with, or with Spring II.

I'm guessing my new Atom  fitlet2 which has an SFP input should also support this ... The SoC does USB3 so assume not audio bandwidth limited.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

12 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, of course. I just need to get a new Embedded release together...

Thanks for the new build, testing now...ext3 sure is demanding. Too much for my i7-6770, dropouts every ~40 secs. Sinc-Mx is no problem. Both 44.1/16.

Trying to install latest embedded for focal.date on main page says May 19 /21Download page May 19/21Download page says May 18 which it is.Can't not install latest version ??

Hi Outlaw...

Same trouble here and again the rocm is not my best friend...

For me it seems the issue is that the hqplayerd are using rocm-libs4.1.0 and mine was 4.0.0 and after an upgrade i have

4.1.2 , thing goes fast in the AMD camp.

I just gave up , installed a fresh ubuntu 20.4 , did a full upgrade , installed (using your guide) everything but hqplayerd.

Added

wget -q -O - https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/4.1/ xenial main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list
sudo apt update
sudo apt install rocm-dkms && sudo reboot

Then I installed the hqplayerd , and now it works..

My most current  Ubuntu 20.04 Server install was done using Jussi's custom header/images, version 5.4.91. I see there is 5.4.105 version in the focal directory available for download. Should I be upgrading to this latest version to ensure compatibility with latest version(s) of embedded? If so, are there any unique install instructions to do so? 

8 hours ago, michaelvv said:

sudo apt install rocm-dkms && sudo reboot

You don't need rocm-dkms unless you have an AMD GPU. So just the dependencies from hqplayerd is enough in other cases.

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

You don't need rocm-dkms unless you have an AMD GPU. So just the dependencies from hqplayerd is enough in other cases.

I'll be aware of this , the next time , it might save some harddisk space...

Have been listening to the poly-sinc-ext3 , and it's absolutely fantastic..

I only have a cheap RME-ADI2-fs DAC. Normally using sinc-L which was very good.

I have bought an AMD Ryzen 5900x ( no license ) which can handle almost anything fsx16

and DSD256 , where my Ryzen 3600 ( license ) have quite some trouble.

So even if I have to restart every 30min , I'll do it , and politely wait an ask for at license upgrade

in about 6 month time.

Keep up the good work..

Thanks Michael.

31 minutes ago, michaelvv said:

I'll be aware of this , the next time , it might save some harddisk space...

Very little in terms of space. It is just the kernel driver part which won't get loaded without AMD GPU. But it is not much regarding disk space.

Have been listening to the poly-sinc-ext3 , and it's absolutely fantastic..

I only have a cheap RME-ADI2-fs DAC. Normally using sinc-L which was very good.

I personally like ext2/ext3 a lot.

I have bought an AMD Ryzen 5900x ( no license ) which can handle almost anything fsx16

and DSD256 , where my Ryzen 3600 ( license ) have quite some trouble.

So even if I have to restart every 30min , I'll do it , and politely wait an ask for at license upgrade

in about 6 month time.

Well, you can move over if needed... ;)

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

Very little in terms of space. It is just the kernel driver part which won't get loaded without AMD GPU. But it is not much regarding disk space.

I personally like ext2/ext3 a lot.

Well, you can move over if needed... ;)

Just send your my new fingerprint.

Thanks you very much for everything..